MTA Bus Exams 7300 & 9309

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+

Here is the latest Notice of Examination for the part-time position for informational purposes.

Good luck and don't forget to check those mirrors every 3 to 5 seconds!

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/1/2020 at 11:59 AM, misslo said:
On 2/1/2020 at 11:56 AM, Uptowndude said:

how long you had your license 

year and half. I am in the midst of studying to get the CDL permit and maybe get the CDL

I went today for Pre-employment did all the paperwork (it was mailed to me). The guy told me to call back when my license is almost three years old. I finally passed my CDL permit after taking it 11 times. :) so now to get the CDL. 

5 hours ago, misslo said:

I went today for Pre-employment did all the paperwork (it was mailed to me). The guy told me to call back when my license is almost three years old. I finally passed my CDL permit after taking it 11 times. :) so now to get the CDL. 

Good luck. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Newyork4 said:

Has anyone gotten any news yet on exam BO 9309?

First of all, you are aware of the guidelines that have been put into place, which include "bumping topics," right?

Second, if you look over the posts from this particular page, there should be some information there which will hopefully answer your question. What doesn't help is the fact that, once DMV reopens, appointments will be necessary to take care of all transactions, including taking the multiple-choice examinations and obtaining a permit, compared to walking in off the street. So, from my perspective, it will be a while before things get back to the 'new normal.'

In the meantime, stay safe and healthy!!

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

Did anyone else get an email with their BOSS results for 9309?

I just got a phone call and e-mail stating that I passed the BOSS for Exam 9309. My list number is in the 2200's.

Edited by +Young+

Does anyone know of a good way to restore one's name to the list for this #7300 exam. I know things are difficult due to COVID. If someone has an email they used to get back on the list that worked I would appreciate it. I tried calling (347) 643-8229/30 and was unsuccessful. Not sure if their having phone problems. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Edited by MTA MAC
typo

1 hour ago, mtax said:

Got the email and call. 1xxx. Is it worth going for this or better to wait for a TA position? I’ve taken both exams. I’ve read through a few discussions here and I’m not clear on which is the better option. 

Whichever list you get called from first, I would take advantage of it regardless. In my opinion the TA position is better, however if you're initially successful as a Bus Operator for MTA Bus Company, the transition from Bus Company to TA should be fairly smooth.

2 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

Does anyone know of a good way to restore one's name to the list for this #7300 exam. I know things are difficult due to COVID. If someone has an email they used to get back on the list that worked I would appreciate it. I tried calling (347) 643-8229/30 and was unsuccessful. Not sure if their having phone problems. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks...

There are several people I would try to contact via e-mail and phone:

First, I would reach out to Ms. Patricia A. Lodge, the Vice President of Human Resources (her contact information is below).

Second, I would reach out to Ms. Emma Marie Rivera, the manager of Employment Operations, whose contact information can be found here.

Third, I would try reaching out to Ms. Marisol Quinones-Gomez, the Senior Director of Employment Operations at marisol.quinones-gomez@nyct.com.

If all of this fails, for whatever reason, I would encourage you to call the Office of the President at 646-252-5800 and take it from there.

As far as the "phone problems" are concerned, I would encourage you to read what another member had to go through with the same Human Resources Office by clicking here.

Good luck getting through to them!!

VP Lodge Business Card.jpg

5 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Whichever list you get called from first, I would take advantage of it regardless. In my opinion the TA position is better, however if you're initially successful as a Bus Operator for MTA Bus Company, the transition from Bus Company to TA should be fairly smooth.

There are several people I would try to contact via e-mail and phone:

First, I would reach out to Ms. Patricia A. Lodge, the Vice President of Human Resources (her contact information is below).

Second, I would reach out to Ms. Emma Marie Rivera, the manager of Employment Operations, whose contact information can be found here.

Third, I would try reaching out to Ms. Marisol Quinones-Gomez, the Senior Director of Employment Operations at marisol.quinones-gomez@nyct.com.

If all of this fails, for whatever reason, I would encourage you to call the Office of the President at 646-252-5800 and take it from there.

As far as the "phone problems" are concerned, I would encourage you to read what another member had to go through with the same Human Resources Office by clicking here.

Good luck getting through to them!!

VP Lodge Business Card.jpg

Thanks, I hope I get a response from somebody.

Again, I wanna thank @Young for the suggestions he gave on how to get my name restore to a few list such as 7300. Out of all of the people I tried contacting I was only successful with getting assistance from the office of Vice President of Human Resources (Patricia Lodge) and Ms. Emma Marie Rivera. I read in an earlier post that someone received a PE letter with a list number in the 3000 range. So I'm confused, this is what  I received in an email yesterday from Ms. Rivera:

(For the MTB Bus Operator, exam 7300, we have not reached your list number. If and when the hiring dept have approval and class date, we will be reaching out to the candidates).

My list #7xx, I hoping that she was not just giving me the "company answer". On a positive note she did CC other individuals responsible for this list. Hopefully they'll catch the error if there was one. At any rate, I am going to email the other individuals also to make sure I'm not forgotten.

• 4 weeks later...