MTA Bus Exams 7300 & 9309

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+

Here is the latest Notice of Examination for the part-time position for informational purposes.

Good luck and don't forget to check those mirrors every 3 to 5 seconds!

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/10/2020 at 11:56 PM, MTA MAC said:

Again, I wanna thank @Young for the suggestions he gave on how to get my name restore to a few list such as 7300. Out of all of the people I tried contacting I was only successful with getting assistance from the office of Vice President of Human Resources (Patricia Lodge) and Ms. Emma Marie Rivera. I read in an earlier post that someone received a PE letter with a list number in the 3000 range. So I'm confused, this is what  I received in an email yesterday from Ms. Rivera:

(For the MTB Bus Operator, exam 7300, we have not reached your list number. If and when the hiring dept have approval and class date, we will be reaching out to the candidates).

My list #7xx, I hoping that she was not just giving me the "company answer". On a positive note she did CC other individuals responsible for this list. Hopefully they'll catch the error if there was one. At any rate, I am going to email the other individuals also to make sure I'm not forgotten.

My list number is higher than yours and I got the letter to Come Jan 31 2020 (Seems so long ago) for employment processing but my DL was only 2 years

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 10/8/2020 I received a call, text and email in reference to Exam 7300. I completed and submitted the drivingtitle1.pdf in October 2020. On 1/13/2021, I received another call, text and email for the same exam and resubmitted the drivingtitle1.pdf again. Last week, I received a call, text and email to report to 180 Livingston on 1/25/2021 to continue the pre-employment process and take a drug/alcohol test.

Anyone else at this stage of the game? I'm excited and nervous af at the same time. 

Good luck to EVERYONE here!

PS: I was also contacted for Exam 9604 on 10/8/2020, submitted the drivingtitle1.pdf for this exam but haven't heard anything further. 

17 hours ago, NYC NYC said:

PS: I was also contacted for Exam 9604 on 10/8/2020, submitted the drivingtitle1.pdf for this exam but haven't heard anything further. 

With the fact that the list for Exam 4600 has been extended until January 6th, 2022, I would not be surprised if the agency put this particular list (Exam 9604) "on hold" until further notice, since they are going to try to work with the candidates from the lists for Exam 4600 and Exam 7612 first.

55 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

With the fact that the list for Exam 4600 has been extended until January 6th, 2022, I would not be surprised if the agency put this particular list (Exam 9604) "on hold" until further notice, since they are going to try to work with the candidates from the lists for Exam 4600 and Exam 7612 first.

Wow, good to know. Thank you for that information! 

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Nycatracho on Dec 15 posted he got his pre employment package for exam 9309,I was exited they started on this exam since I am in that list number,  however I haven't gotten anything or heard anything when I call dcas. I dont know what to say bout that maybe it was an error or if in fact they started as well.

Edited by Newyork4

50 minutes ago, NYC NYC said:

Wow, good to know. Thank you for that information! 

You're welcome.

19 minutes ago, Newyork4 said:

...however I haven't gotten anything or heard anything when I call dcas. I dont know what to say bout that maybe it was an error or if in fact they started as well.

If you at the top of the first page of the Notice of Examination for Exam 9309, this is for "MTA Bus Company" which is not a Civil Service position. As per this webpage, DCAS is in charge of the "Civil Service" examinations, which is why you haven't gotten anything or heard anything when you call DCAS. The same goes for all other "MTA Bus Company" positions, in addition to all of the titles under the heading of "MaBSTOA" as well.

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

You're welcome.

If you at the top of the first page of the Notice of Examination for Exam 9309, this is for "MTA Bus Company" which is not a Civil Service position. As per this webpage, DCAS is in charge of the "Civil Service" examinations, which is why you haven't gotten anything or heard anything when you call DCAS. The same goes for all other "MTA Bus Company" positions, in addition to all of the titles under the heading of "MaBSTOA" as well.

Ok I get it, exam 9309 MTA bus company is not civil service,  I'm saying it looks like they started calling then for this exam according to that post. 

On 1/24/2021 at 8:24 PM, NYC NYC said:

On 10/8/2020 I received a call, text and email in reference to Exam 7300. I completed and submitted the drivingtitle1.pdf in October 2020. On 1/13/2021, I received another call, text and email for the same exam and resubmitted the drivingtitle1.pdf again. Last week, I received a call, text and email to report to 180 Livingston on 1/25/2021 to continue the pre-employment process and take a drug/alcohol test.

Anyone else at this stage of the game? I'm excited and nervous af at the same time. 

Good luck to EVERYONE here!

UPDATE: I was invited to continue the pre-employment process and come back for the medical and additional paperwork. My return date is Monday 2/1/2021 at 7:00am, however, the weather reports are predicting a snow storm on Monday lol I can see MTA looking at my application thinking.... either you want the job or you don't 😃 

Have a good day everyone! 

5 hours ago, NYC NYC said:

UPDATE: I was invited to continue the pre-employment process and come back for the medical and additional paperwork. My return date is Monday 2/1/2021 at 7:00am, however, the weather reports are predicting a snow storm on Monday lol I can see MTA looking at my application thinking.... either you want the job or you don't 😃 

We work all weather conditions. Yes we are expecting  a storm and operators will be in full force. This job can change your life. Do what it takes to be there on Monday. There are many more people waiting to take your spot. Good luck. 

7 minutes ago, lornaevo said:

We work all weather conditions. Yes we are expecting  a storm and operators will be in full force. This job can change your life. Do what it takes to be there on Monday. There are many more people waiting to take your spot. Good luck. 

I'll be there 💯 Thank you! 

On 1/30/2021 at 1:10 PM, NYC NYC said:

I completed the medical clearance & the pre-employment paperwork. I start on 2/14/2021. :) Anyone else starting on this date?