MTA Bus Exams 7300 & 9309

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+

Here is the latest Notice of Examination for the part-time position for informational purposes.

Good luck and don't forget to check those mirrors every 3 to 5 seconds!

I got this email from the exam unit after I send them an email. 

"For Bus Operator, Exam # 9309, the Employee Center has called up to list number 524.  For further information, please contact the Employment Center at employmentcenter@nyct.com."

So they have called up to 524 from exam 9309, not bad at all. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/8/2021 at 10:04 PM, Newyork4 said:

I got this email from the exam unit after I send them an email. 

"For Bus Operator, Exam # 9309, the Employee Center has called up to list number 524.  For further information, please contact the Employment Center at employmentcenter@nyct.com."

So they have called up to 524 from exam 9309, not bad at all. 

Are they still actively calling from the 9309 test tho I wonder?

So I was contacted by the canvass dept on 2/4 for test 9309. I didn’t have my cdl permit yet but sent in all the pre employment info, I received a email 4 days later stating that I couldn’t  proceed with the employment process until I get the cdl permit. Which I got the following Tuesday and sent in. It’s been a week and no reply from the MTA. Did I lose my spot?

17 minutes ago, Ty3 said:

So I was contacted by the canvass dept on 2/4 for test 9309. I didn’t have my cdl permit yet but sent in all the pre employment info, I received a email 4 days later stating that I couldn’t  proceed with the employment process until I get the cdl permit. Which I got the following Tuesday and sent in. It’s been a week and no reply from the MTA. Did I lose my spot?

I would give them a call at (347) 643 8229/8230/8231/8232 and see what they can do.

If you get the "runaround," I would encourage you to get in contact with the "higher ups," who you can view here.

Good luck!!

3 hours ago, +Young+ said:

I would give them a call at (347) 643 8229/8230/8231/8232 and see what they can do.

If you get the "runaround," I would encourage you to get in contact with the "higher ups," who you can view here.

Good luck!!

Thank you for that info. I called today spoke to a representative  and was told to give them some time as they send out a lot of  inquiries at one time. So once all my info is looked at again I should get another email soon to report to Livingston Ave. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I have been calling the numbers (even the higher ups) for the past two weeks leaving messages and no response.  I’m just afraid that I missed the  employment window the mta had open. Is there anything else I could do to help my chances of getting hired? 

On 3/16/2021 at 2:06 PM, Ty3 said:

So I have been calling the numbers (even the higher ups) for the past two weeks leaving messages and no response.  I’m just afraid that I missed the  employment window the mta had open. Is there anything else I could do to help my chances of getting hired? 

You could try (212) 878 7000, which is the phone number for the MTA Corporate Office.

Other than that, the only other thing which I have to say is "patience." And yes, I know it's hard.

Good luck!!

On 3/3/2021 at 11:25 AM, Ka1969 said:

Hi I took 7300 test for BO can you work on Staten Island 

No. This examination is for MTA Bus Company, the depots on Staten Island are TA [NYCT] Bus Depots.

Edited by +Young+

Thank you for all your help. I finally got a response back on 3/18. Asking me to send the documents missing (cdl permit and drivers license) which I sent on 2/16/21 once I obtained my cdl on 2/16. But at least this time I got someone other the general email, who  I called after resending the requested info. She told me most likely I will be in this April’s classs and to follow up if not contacted for April’s classes.  🤞🏾

On 3/19/2021 at 8:11 PM, Ty3 said:

Thank you for all your help. I finally got a response back on 3/18. Asking me to send the documents missing (cdl permit and drivers license) which I sent on 2/16/21 once I obtained my cdl on 2/16. But at least this time I got someone other the general email, who  I called after resending the requested info. She told me most likely I will be in this April’s classs and to follow up if not contacted for April’s classes.  🤞🏾

Are they still on list number 524 or did they start calling again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With COVID they apparently change the employment process. I went in today to take the urine test and was told after to wait for an email to return for the physical (pending on my urine results). Has anyone gone through this process? So I can kinda know the waiting time for the next email. My brother is currently working for the MTA and was surprised when I told him that I only did the urine test. 

13 minutes ago, Ty3 said:

With COVID they apparently change the employment process. I went in today to take the urine test and was told after to wait for an email to return for the physical (pending on my urine results). Has anyone gone through this process? So I can kinda know the waiting time for the next email. My brother is currently working for the MTA and was surprised when I told him that I only did the urine test. 

I received the email to do the medical screening one week after the urine drug screen test. Good luck!

10 minutes ago, Ty3 said:

Thanx for the reply. Did you do your physical and then went to Zerega after?

If everything is okay with the medical screening and once you complete the hiring paperwork then the training starts in Zerega.

I’ve received my email that they’re canvassing and I have to send in a few documents by the deadline this Friday but I do not have my cdl yet, will that be a problem? I have no doubt I can get it but I don’t actually have it yet. Can I still respond to the canvassing email or have an extension to submit my documents? I wasn’t expecting this so fast. Test 9303 btw 

1 hour ago, Robbiep96 said:

I’ve received my email that they’re canvassing and I have to send in a few documents by the deadline this Friday but I do not have my cdl yet, will that be a problem? I have no doubt I can get it but I don’t actually have it yet. Can I still respond to the canvassing email or have an extension to submit my documents? I wasn’t expecting this so fast. Test 9303 btw 

Exam 9303 was in 2019..?

Go to the DMV and get your CDL B Permit WITH Passenger endorsement ASAP! I don't know how extensions work.

REQUIREMENTS TO BE APPOINTED
Driver License Requirement: At the time of appointment, you must possess either:
1. A Class B Commercial Driver License (CDL) valid in the State of New York with a passenger
endorsement and no disqualifying restrictions with proof of residency for the state in which the license was issued; OR
2. A Motor Vehicle Driver License valid in the State of New York and a Learner Permit for a Class  B CDL valid in the State of New York with a passenger endorsement and no disqualifying restrictions with proof of residency for the state in which the license was issued.

***If you qualify under “2” above, your appointment will be subject to the receipt of a Class B CDL valid  in the State of New York with a passenger endorsement and no disqualifying restrictions at the end of  a special training course in bus operation.  
If you fail to successfully complete the special training course in bus operation, including the receipt  of a Class B CDL valid in the State of New York with a passenger endorsement and no disqualifying  restrictions with proof of residency for the state in which the license was issued, your employment will  be terminated.

Edited by NYC NYC

5 hours ago, Robbiep96 said:

I would respond to the canvass and make sure you tell them that you plan on getting your CLP (Commercial Learners Permit) ASAP. They will initially remove your name from the list until you get your CLP. Once you get your CLP, I would e-mail them ASAP and take it from there.

By the way, you know that you can not 'physically' go to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles ASAP to get your CLP, since you need an appointment first, right? If you need to make an appointment for yourself, click here. In the meantime, if you and/or anyone else wishes to practice the multiple-choice questions which will be on your exam, I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free!!

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+
Addition...