MTA Bus Exams 7300 & 9309

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+

Here is the latest Notice of Examination for the part-time position for informational purposes.

Good luck and don't forget to check those mirrors every 3 to 5 seconds!

I’ve got a pre employment email last week from 9309. List number so high I was surprised I got the email I’m in the 4,5XX. Had to send it before Thursday 20th. I sent it last Wednesday but never got an answer if they got it or not.

how this works? Do they actually let you know they got it or you just find out down the road if they call you?

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey ya'll I also received an email for exam #9309 on Thursday and was given until today the 20th to respond with my documents and proof of either permit or CDL. I did not have my permit and was able to schedule an appointment at the DMV on Tuesday morning. I called out of work and passed my permit exam along with the passenger endorsement and I also took airbrakes. I'm looking forward to finally going down to Livingston. Can any of you kindly tell me or share a link which explains the differences in benefits or retirement when it pertains to TA, MaBSToa and MTA Bus? I am on a list for all 3 and was curious to know if it was worth it or made sense to leave MTA Bus when contacted for the other 2. Thank you in advanced.

i got called last year jan 2020 (pre-employment paperwork) for 7300 and my # is 3***.** But my DL was 1.5 yrs. Said to call june 2021. Damn time fly. Welp.

oh and i got a list number for 9309 but i didnt do the exam.🤔

Edited by misslo

4 hours ago, Jessi1427 said:

Congrats- That's awesome!!!!! I'm still waiting, already submitted my docs. The last time I inquired the were calling list #'s in the 500's. Are they in the 1000's yet?

They’re in the 5,XXX’s I believe.

I also received a email regarding pre employment. 

I wanted to inquire about the below statement which was included in the email. Will it be "any" borough as stated or the ones that correspond with MTA bus company. 

Please note that if you are appointed to the position, you will be subject to a one year probationary period. You may also be required to work in any borough, day, evening or night shifts, including Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays. 

19 minutes ago, -Galan- said:

I also received a email regarding pre employment. 

I wanted to inquire about the below statement which was included in the email. Will it be "any" borough as stated or the ones that correspond with MTA bus company. 

Please note that if you are appointed to the position, you will be subject to a one year probationary period. You may also be required to work in any borough, day, evening or night shifts, including Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays. 

Any borough that's MTA bus associated. But if it helps you there's a 80% chance it's going to be Queens. Only 2 depots outside of Queens.

1 hour ago, dman1455 said:

Any borough that's MTA bus associated. But if it helps you there's a 80% chance it's going to be Queens. Only 2 depots outside of Queens.

From doing my research on the TTMG website, the list of Depots for MTA Bus are as follows:

-Baisley Park Depot (Queens) (former Jamaica Bus Lines)

-College Point Depot (Queens) (former Queens Surface Corporation)

-Eastchester (Bronx) (former New York Bus Service)

-Far Rockaway Depot (Queens) (former Green Bus Lines)

-JFK Depot (Queens) (former Green Bus Lines)

-LaGuardia Depot (Queens) (former Triboro Coach)

-Spring Creek Depot (Brooklyn) (former Command Bus Company)

-Yonkers (former Liberty Lines Express)

If you're interested in reading more about the history of MTA Bus Company, which is less than 20 years old, click here.

Good luck!!

11 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

From doing my research on the TTMG website, the list of Depots for MTA Bus are as follows:

-Baisley Park Depot (Queens) (former Jamaica Bus Lines)

-College Point Depot (Queens) (former Queens Surface Corporation)

-Eastchester (Bronx) (former New York Bus Service)

-Far Rockaway Depot (Queens) (former Green Bus Lines)

-JFK Depot (Queens) (former Green Bus Lines)

-LaGuardia Depot (Queens) (former Triboro Coach)

-Spring Creek Depot (Brooklyn) (former Command Bus Company)

-Yonkers (former Liberty Lines Express)

If you're interested in reading more about the history of MTA Bus Company, which is less than 20 years old, click here.

Good luck!!

Thank you 

Young what happens if you temporarily decide to differ from attending your appointment. It states they’ll remove you from the hiring list but how do you put yourself back on it when you’re ready? What’s the process to continue your process? 

On 5/19/2021 at 3:10 PM, Juls2595 said:

I’ve got a pre employment email last week from 9309. List number so high I was surprised I got the email I’m in the 4,5XX. Had to send it before Thursday 20th. I sent it last Wednesday but never got an answer if they got it or not.

how this works? Do they actually let you know they got it or you just find out down the road if they call you?

Got a call about an hour ago asking me to go down tomorrow to Brooklyn for my medical. Instructions will be sent via email. Haven’t got the email yet... I’ve tried calling every phone number I found in the group and no answer. What should I do?

• 2 weeks later...

Good day everyone,

I was put on medical hold on June 4th and received clearance by NYCT doctors this morning. I walked over to station number 3 in the employment center at Livingston Ave and was told that they no longer have any positions available for exam number 9309. I was also told to reach out to employmentcenterbuses@nyct.com on 7/12/21 for any updates. 

Question: Has anyone been through this,have any information about this or thoughts on this?

Thank you in advance anyone who helps or even replies. 

7 minutes ago, -Galan- said:

Good day everyone,

I was put on medical hold on June 4th and received clearance by NYCT doctors this morning. I walked over to station number 3 in the employment center at Livingston Ave and was told that they no longer have any positions available for exam number 9309. I was also told to reach out to employmentcenterbuses@nyct.com on 7/12/21 for any updates. 

Question: Has anyone been through this,have any information about this or thoughts on this?

Thank you in advance anyone who helps or even replies. 

They probably filled up the class with Ops for MTA bus and are waiting for approval to hire new ones. Just keep emailing them and you should be good to go as long as your persistent.

6 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

They probably filled up the class with Ops for MTA bus and are waiting for approval to hire new ones. Just keep emailing them and you should be good to go as long as your persistent.

Appreciate it. Emailed and will be following up. Another thing,can my BOSS test be transferred to Mabstoa.?

Sorry to come out of nowhere but I'm just curious as to what you guys would recommend as to my situation. 

So I passed the test and got to go down to Livingston and fill out paper work. At the time I only had my permit.  Eventually I got a letter saying that they weren't going to go further with my application. I started another job and I coworker recommended I call I supervisor he knew and ask what happeneded in my situation. I lost my phone before I got a chance to call and the coworker has since left.

I have tried to apply and do the exam again. Should I have applied for a new exam? Did I lose my spot from the first list number I got. This is so confusing. I'm currently driving for AAR and heard that it helps when trying to get a job with Transit. Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Yruluis said:

Sorry to come out of nowhere but I'm just curious as to what you guys would recommend as to my situation. 

So I passed the test and got to go down to Livingston and fill out paper work. At the time I only had my permit.  Eventually I got a letter saying that they weren't going to go further with my application. I started another job and I coworker recommended I call I supervisor he knew and ask what happeneded in my situation. I lost my phone before I got a chance to call and the coworker has since left.

I have tried to apply and do the exam again. Should I have applied for a new exam? Did I lose my spot from the first list number I got. This is so confusing. I'm currently driving for AAR and heard that it helps when trying to get a job with Transit. Thanks. 

Try calling and finding out why they didn't go with you. They probably won't honestly even tell you why, because that's just how this agency unfortunately operates.

11 minutes ago, -Galan- said:

Was just wondering if anyone knows the class schedule for exam 9309. I do understand it is based on needs but wanted the "typical" round about schedule they use. 

When things were in full swing, it was every 2 weeks. However, training classes are all 3 entities combined (TA, OA and MTA Bus) so it might not be a proportionate amount from each that makes up the class.

2 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

When things were in full swing, it was every 2 weeks. However, training classes are all 3 entities combined (TA, OA and MTA Bus) so it might not be a proportionate amount from each that makes up the class.

Thank you. I was told that they do not have any openings for mta bus at this time. Everything was a go for me after seeing the doctor that day. Was told to email July 12th for status update. Hopefully class will be sooner.