Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
SevenEleven

MTA Bus Exams 7300 & 9309

+Young+

The application period for Exam 9309 has been extended until Friday, June 14th, 2019.

For more information, click here to view the Notice of Examination and click here to apply online.

Good luck and don't forget to check those mirrors every 3 to 5 seconds!!

Message added by +Young+

Recommended Posts

You'll need to travel down to New York not only for the pre-employment process, but also for the 10-day training period, which takes place over the course of 2 weeks, Monday through Friday. Since you have your CDL and several years of experience operating commercial vehicles, you should be okay. When it comes to the MTA, please note that they are very strict and will expect you to operate exactly how they teach you. Study the methods they teach you and the job will be yours permanently if you successfully complete your probationary period without incident.

Edited by AlgorithmOfTruth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

When it comes to the MTA, please note that they are very strict and will expect you to operate exactly how they teach you. Study the methods they teach you and the job will be yours permanently if you successfully complete your probationary period without incident.

Please do not forget about the handouts!! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all. So I know that I received a letter to come in to Livingston tomorrow at 7:30, but the problem is I don’t live at the place they sent the letter. Do I have to bring the letter with me? Or what number can I call to reschedule or try to get a letter sent to the correct address 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyheem said:

Hi all. So I know that I received a letter to come in to Livingston tomorrow at 7:30, but the problem is I don’t live at the place they sent the letter. Do I have to bring the letter with me? Or what number can I call to reschedule or try to get a letter sent to the correct address 

You don't need the letter, they will print one when you get there. Definitely make sure your address gets updated when you're there. (although the pre-employment process should do that)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mcmillan

Blessings to you and thanks again fir the info. 29 dollars is alot of money and i think it is worth relocating for sure. I pray you have made it to the appointment this morning. This is an opportunity that can help with any goals you may have.  I am just excited that i passed and i know i will be called in the near future. I currently drive a school bus and have been doing this for over a year. I never thought about driving a bus before i worked at my current company.  I wish i would have thought of this sooner. Please let us know how the process went for you if you decided to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Starr said:

Mcmillan

Blessings to you and thanks again fir the info. 29 dollars is alot of money and i think it is worth relocating for sure. I pray you have made it to the appointment this morning. This is an opportunity that can help with any goals you may have.  I am just excited that i passed and i know i will be called in the near future. I currently drive a school bus and have been doing this for over a year. I never thought about driving a bus before i worked at my current company.  I wish i would have thought of this sooner. Please let us know how the process went for you if you decided to go. 

Ohh noo, Starr...it was JV620 that received the pre-employment letter and gave you the salary info...oops! MTA Bus is not even near my list#!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 6:10 AM, msmcmillan said:

Yes, there is parking. It is located on Livingston St...on the same side as the transit building...on the corner. It is a weird looking outdoor parking lot with car lifts. I don't know the rates...I usually take public transportation to get there because it's a hot mess on Livingston St. There are other parking garages, but it is so congested in that area I couldn't tell you.

The whole employment process depends on you. For example a friend of mine who is at Springcreek line training was hire by MTA Bus in one week. The day of his pre-employment he already had his CDL and all necessary documents, so he took his drug test the same day. They emailed him three days later for medical and he went the next day. He took the medical and passed the same day and he was fingerprinted and went to training two weeks later. The process is smooth if you have it together...Good Luck!

MacMillan 

Thanks for that info, that was very informative.

Quick update guys: 
So I went there this morning. There were alot of people, I think like about 100+ or so. Majority were there for 7300 pre-employment. There were maybe about 15 people for promotion to conductor.

If everything went good they were going to send me for drug test today after they looked over my paperwork. I had everything and was all set. But I had an issue with the name that's on my passport, social and ID. My passport has my whole name written out. But my SS and ID only has my first name, middle initial letter and last name. The ID and social aren't all written out like the passport.

So the guy that did my paperwork told me that I would need to go to the SS office and DMV to switch my name's on both cards so they all match each other. He gave me a paper slip with instructions and a card with a number to call so that when I receive the updated cards I can reschedule an appointment to continue the process. So now I have to wait to receive those updated cards to proceed.

So yea guys, make sure your documents have the exact name's accross them all and that they match each other exactly so you don't have this issue I had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, 

I’m new to this forum, I got a letter to report to Livingston on Thursday for the pre employment process can someone please explain what goes on and approximately how long the process takes thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 11:08 AM, Tyheem said:

Hi all. So I know that I received a letter to come in to Livingston tomorrow at 7:30, but the problem is I don’t live at the place they sent the letter. Do I have to bring the letter with me? Or what number can I call to reschedule or try to get a letter sent to the correct address 

 

On 6/15/2018 at 5:13 PM, Mr NewFlyer said:

MacMillan 

Thanks for that info, that was very informative.

Quick update guys: 
So I went there this morning. There were alot of people, I think like about 100+ or so. Majority were there for 7300 pre-employment. There were maybe about 15 people for promotion to conductor.

If everything went good they were going to send me for drug test today after they looked over my paperwork. I had everything and was all set. But I had an issue with the name that's on my passport, social and ID. My passport has my whole name written out. But my SS and ID only has my first name, middle initial letter and last name. The ID and social aren't all written out like the passport.

So the guy that did my paperwork told me that I would need to go to the SS office and DMV to switch my name's on both cards so they all match each other. He gave me a paper slip with instructions and a card with a number to call so that when I receive the updated cards I can reschedule an appointment to continue the process. So now I have to wait to receive those updated cards to proceed.

So yea guys, make sure your documents have the exact name's accross them all and that they match each other exactly so you don't have this issue I had.

@Mr NewFlyer Do you remember if all call backs had been in list number or was it random ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 11:08 AM, Tyheem said:

Hi all. So I know that I received a letter to come in to Livingston tomorrow at 7:30, but the problem is I don’t live at the place they sent the letter. Do I have to bring the letter with me? Or what number can I call to reschedule or try to get a letter sent to the correct address 

Mind if I ask what list # you are ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2018 at 11:41 AM, msmcmillan said:

Ohh noo, Starr...it was JV620 that received the pre-employment letter and gave you the salary info...oops! MTA Bus is not even near my list#!!!

Question so letters after exam are sent randomly or is it by number ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nyc1718 said:

Hi everyone, 

I’m new to this forum, I got a letter to report to Livingston on Thursday for the pre employment process can someone please explain what goes on and approximately how long the process takes thank you.

It's orientation day that Thursday. The person there pretty much will go over that form they sent you with everyone there to make sure everyone filled it out right. You'll have some other paperwork work to have to fill out over there also.

After orientation. You will be called for them to have a look at all your paperwork you filled out. If everything checks out. They will send you for drug test. They do their own drug test in the same building.

What takes long is the drug test. So expect to be there almost all day.

On that packet they sent you, make sure you fill out that employment part going 10 years back. Don't leave no gaps at all.

And make sure you bring all the documents they ask for on that paper.

 

Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, umidonthaveone said:

 

@Mr NewFlyer Do you remember if all call backs had been in list number or was it random ?

List number. There were maybe 2-3 people there that were called back. Because they had some issue they had to take care of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr NewFlyer said:

List number. There were maybe 2-3 people there that were called back. Because they had some issue they had to take care of

Gotcha thanks man ! Im in the low 4K so i'm guessing it maybe a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, umidonthaveone said:

Gotcha thanks man ! Im in the low 4K so i'm guessing it maybe a while. 

I wouldn't worry so much. This list came out pretty quick. So they're definitely looking to hire abunch of people. And from what I saw the day I went. Alot of people have issues that hold them back from moving forward. Seen some people get sent home because of open tickets they gotta take care of. Alot of people didn't even have there permits yet. So they move through the list pretty quick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr NewFlyer said:

I wouldn't worry so much. This list came out pretty quick. So they're definitely looking to hire abunch of people. And from what I saw the day I went. Alot of people have issues that hold them back from moving forward. Seen some people get sent home because of open tickets they gotta take care of. Alot of people didn't even have there permits yet. So they move through the list pretty quick

 True you are right about that, I didn't put any of that into consideration. I have a clean Class B, the licensing part is the least of my worries as of now, thanks for getting back to me thou I appreciate it. If you have any other info please keep me posted ! Good luck with the process.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, umidonthaveone said:

 True you are right about that, I didn't put any of that into consideration. I have a clean Class B, the licensing part is the least of my worries as of now, thanks for getting back to me thou I appreciate it. If you have any other info please keep me posted ! Good luck with the process.  

Yea having that class B definitely helps. One less thing to worry about. I have the class b also and with the endorsements they ask. But i got held up by a name issue on my ID,SS. Just waiting now to receive my updated cards so I can continue the process. Not worried about the drug test and medical either. Only thing I'm worried about is that 10 day training we got to go through. From reading through the forum and speaking to some drivers I get that those days will be very difficult

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah deff right on that one, Passenger and air break right ? as long as you can still move forward with everything you'll be fine just a minor hold up. They did you the favor of getting all of your docs fixed for future references i'm sure you would have had to fix it eventually .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Mr NewFlyer said:

It's orientation day that Thursday. The person there pretty much will go over that form they sent you with everyone there to make sure everyone filled it out right. You'll have some other paperwork work to have to fill out over there also.

After orientation. You will be called for them to have a look at all your paperwork you filled out. If everything checks out. They will send you for drug test. They do their own drug test in the same building.

What takes long is the drug test. So expect to be there almost all day.

On that packet they sent you, make sure you fill out that employment part going 10 years back. Don't leave no gaps at all.

And make sure you bring all the documents they ask for on that paper.

 

Good luck

I appriciate it thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, umidonthaveone said:

Yeah deff right on that one, Passenger and air break right ? as long as you can still move forward with everything you'll be fine just a minor hold up. They did you the favor of getting all of your docs fixed for future references i'm sure you would have had to fix it eventually .  

Yea those two. I'm kicking myself because of that lol. Had I known of it before I would have fixed it before even applying. It sucks because I was a low list number. Now I get pushed back some more because they don't hold your spot on the list. But it's all good, at the right time will make it

Did you apply to any of the other bus operator positions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr NewFlyer said:

Yea those two. I'm kicking myself because of that lol. Had I known of it before I would have fixed it before even applying. It sucks because I was a low list number. Now I get pushed back some more because they don't hold your spot on the list. But it's all good, at the right time will make it

Did you apply to any of the other bus operator positions?

So now you wait for another letter ? none only other test I applied for was exam #8623 (non driving) which is recent and closes today literally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, umidonthaveone said:

So now you wait for another letter ? none only other test I applied for was exam #8623 (non driving) which is recent and closes today literally. 

The person at the counter gave me an HR number to call. The person said once I get my updated cards in the mail. I call the number and they reschedule a day for me to come back in to continue the process. Then if there's still a vacancy they put me in.

 

Nice, good luck on that one too.

 I applied to 4 bus operator positions.

About two months ago I got called for part time 7304. But I passed on it. And recently got called for this one. I'm also on the list for Mabstoa and nyct. They definitely made some money from me lol. I figured applying to abunch of them would help my chances of getting a low number and getting called

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr NewFlyer said:

The person at the counter gave me an HR number to call. The person said once I get my updated cards in the mail. I call the number and they reschedule a day for me to come back in to continue the process. Then if there's still a vacancy they put me in.

 

Nice, good luck on that one too.

 I applied to 4 bus operator positions.

About two months ago I got called for part time 7304. But I passed on it. And recently got called for this one. I'm also on the list for Mabstoa and nyct. They definitely made some money from me lol. I figured applying to abunch of them would help my chances of getting a low number and getting called

So the wait is just for documents, shouldn't be long. ahh yeah I don't blame you I wouldn't go through all of this for a PT pos. Thanks man, same too you. Hey never a bad idea you give yourself more chances doing so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, umidonthaveone said:

So the wait is just for documents, shouldn't be long. ahh yeah I don't blame you I wouldn't go through all of this for a PT pos. Thanks man, same too you. Hey never a bad idea you give yourself more chances doing so. 

Yea those documents are the only thing holding me back. And for PT it's not worth it. Specially after taxes,gas and time it takes to get to spring Creek Depot. I only applied to that pt one because at the time I wasn't working and even pt looked good. But when they called me I was in a good situation. So no point of leaving for that. It worked out because I got low list numbers on this and for Mabstoa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr NewFlyer said:

Yea those documents are the only thing holding me back. And for PT it's not worth it. Specially after taxes,gas and time it takes to get to spring Creek Depot. I only applied to that pt one because at the time I wasn't working and even pt looked good. But when they called me I was in a good situation. So no point of leaving for that. It worked out because I got low list numbers on this and for Mabstoa

Ahh okay gotcha gotcha so Is spring creek the only PT depot ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.