MTA Bus Exams 7300 & 9309

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+

Here is the latest Notice of Examination for the part-time position for informational purposes.

Good luck and don't forget to check those mirrors every 3 to 5 seconds!

46 minutes ago, Jojofromtheblock said:

Hello I was called in June 2018 for preemployment process but unfortunately I had a pending cell phone ticket for August so they pushed me back now it's all clear and now I'm just waiting for a call back. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to call back? List# 3××

Since this is not a civil service exam, I would call them at 347-643-8229/30/31/32 and take it from there.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Jojofromtheblock said:

Hello, yes I did call and they told me that there's No Vacancy right now. So I have to wait they will notify me with a call or mail.I just hope that I didn't lose my chance on this job.

In the short run, I believe you did. However, in the long run, providing you stay on-top of your situation, I don't think so.

Good luck!!

3 hours ago, umidonthaveone said:

Just take every exam that comes out, letters for the 9100 are already being sent, pt is out the 18 and they have an nyct out till the 26th I think 

Please stay on-topic as per the guidelines of the website. Although it is encouraged to take every exam, the last thing this site needs is for one member to start talking about a different exam in a different thread/topic, and then other members join in and make the 'potential' mess even more messier.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Please stay on-topic as per the guidelines of the website. Although it is encouraged to take every exam, the last thing this site needs is for one member to start talking about a different exam in a different thread/topic, and then other members join in and make the 'potential' mess even more messier.

Thank you.

No prob. question do you know when exam lists expire ? Say we have a high list # for the 7300 is there a certain number that you’d think they would get up to?

7 hours ago, umidonthaveone said:

No prob. question do you know when exam lists expire ? Say we have a high list # for the 7300 is there a certain number that you’d think they would get up to?

For these exams, I honestly do not know since they are not civil service. Sorry...

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2018 at 12:45 PM, Natalie said:

For people that are already employed.  What do you tell your job when you are called for training??

I received my admission letter to take the BOSS Survey In jan. 2019, so i'm just thinking ahead about what I will tell them. 

Thank you

The best thing to do is to try to take 2 to 3 weeks of vacation. Therefore, if you don't pass the training, you still did not "burn your bridges" respectfully.

On 9/17/2018 at 12:45 PM, Natalie said:

For people that are already employed.  What do you tell your job when you are called for training??

I received my admission letter to take the BOSS Survey In jan. 2019, so i'm just thinking ahead about what I will tell them. 

Thank you

1) Bus Operator training is six weeks. Clearly states that in the application. 

2)BOSS Survey is basically an exam that tests your psychological, logical and commonsense. Some of us from Exam 7300 took it last year and got results a few months later. My waiting list number is in the 1,500's after taking the BOSS Survey (exam) last year. That being said I haven't been called in yet so I wouldn't worry about leaving your current employer just because you got a letter to take the BOSS Exam.

Young has the best advice, Natalie. Since you are taking the BOSS in Jan, try to accumulate at least 2-3 weeks vacation time. You actually don't start training until you receive your Pre-employment letter and pass the DMV check, urine test, and medical exam (not on the same day) After ID and fingerprints then they will schedule you for orientation day. The day after orientation is training. You will need your vacation to be planned from orientation then ten days after just in case you don't qualify after the 7th and 9th day. Whenever you qualify and start your line training at your selected depot you could give your job notice. If you could take a whole month of vacation that's better because you still have to pass line training and graduate. It's up to you how to plan it, but at least have two weeks open. 

On 9/14/2018 at 12:53 PM, Jojofromtheblock said:

Hello I was called in June 2018 for preemployment process but unfortunately I had a pending cell phone ticket for August so they pushed me back now it's all clear and now I'm just waiting for a call back. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to call back? List# 3××

How can they use that against you? Aren't you innocent until proven guilty?. It's one thing when you're found guilty and haven't paid the fine but being denied for a job because your waiting for a hearing is unconstitutional.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to decline the position myself, I could not make it to Brooklyn to do the pre-employment process due to family matters back here in MA, but I am wondering how everyone else made out? I took the BOSS in October last year, passed and then got the pre-employment packet this past summer. I would like to somehow get reinstated but I doubt that will happen. I was actually #88 too. Ah well...Good Luck to everyone else. I will be peeking in here to see how you all are making out. 

1 hour ago, JV620 said:

I had to decline the position myself, I could not make it to Brooklyn to do the pre-employment process due to family matters back here in MA, but I am wondering how everyone else made out? I took the BOSS in October last year, passed and then got the pre-employment packet this past summer. I would like to somehow get reinstated but I doubt that will happen. I was actually #88 too. Ah well...Good Luck to everyone else. I will be peeking in here to see how you all are making out. 

Since this is not a civil-service exam, you can always call them at 347-643-8229/30/31/32 to see how you can reinstate yourself before the list expires.

By the way, I'm glad you passed that BOSS exam!!

Edited by +Young+

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Jojofromtheblock said:

Hey guys so I was called in Thursday to go in on Monday for a drug test. Exam 7300. Does anyone know how long it takes? 

I know after you down all the tests

Do classes start every 15th in 30th of the each months.  Question what is your random# ?