MTA Bus Exams 7300 & 9309

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+

Here is the latest Notice of Examination for the part-time position for informational purposes.

Good luck and don't forget to check those mirrors every 3 to 5 seconds!

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Jojofromtheblock said:

Hey guys so I was called in Thursday to go in on Monday for a drug test. Exam 7300. Does anyone know how long it takes? 

Be prepared to be there all day. 

12 hours ago, Gtv said:

I know after you down all the tests

Do classes start every 15th in 30th of the each months.  Question what is your random# ?

Usually they start every 2 weeks, on a Monday. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 12:58 PM, +Young+ said:

Since this is not a civil-service exam, you can always call them at 347-643-8229/30/31/32 to see how you can reinstate yourself before the list expires.

By the way, I'm glad you passed that BOSS exam!!

Thank You so much Young 😃

Interesting thing that has happened to me as I have been following this forum. Took and passed the BOSS exam on 10/23/17. Received a pre-employment packet back in June but had to decline back then, and so figured that since being the case, my number of 88.0000 would essentially be removed from the list. Incredibly though, I just received a letter in the mail today to report to Livingston St THIS Monday the 10th and 7:30AM!! 😱, like whoa! Talk about short notice!! Keep in mind, that I still reside in SE Massachusetts so I am going to have to make a decision REAL quick about this. As in. Today! So, what do you think that the reason could be behind this? 

Thoughts appreciated. Happy Holidays!!

21 minutes ago, JV620 said:

Thank You so much Young 😃

Interesting thing that has happened to me as I have been following this forum. Took and passed the BOSS exam on 10/23/17. Received a pre-employment packet back in June but had to decline back then, and so figured that since being the case, my number of 88.0000 would essentially be removed from the list. Incredibly though, I just received a letter in the mail today to report to Livingston St THIS Monday the 10th and 7:30AM!! 😱, like whoa! Talk about short notice!! Keep in mind, that I still reside in SE Massachusetts so I am going to have to make a decision REAL quick about this. As in. Today! So, what do you think that the reason could be behind this? 

Thoughts appreciated. Happy Holidays!!

They need bodies everywhere, especially with the L train shutdown 4 months away.

2 hours ago, umidonthaveone said:

Ain’t the bus company that covers shuttles only NYCT? 7300 is only for reg MTA bus which isn’t the transit company ? I could be wrong 

3 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

They need bodies everywhere, especially with the L train shutdown 4 months away.

Today, on my way to and from work, I went through the intersection of 31st and **** in the northern part of Queens. With the (N) train not running between Queensboro Plaza and Astoria/Ditmars Boulevard, I saw Shuttle Buses from NYC Transit, MaBSTOA and MTA Bus Company. Something similar happened last summer when the (E) & (F) were not running from Forest Hills/71st/Continental Avenue to either Jamaica/179 Street or Jamaica Center.

Now keep in mind that both of these are only for a 55-hour duration from 10 PM Friday to 5 AM Monday within the same borough. However, with the (L) train shutdown, this is going to be going on for 15 months (aka 1 year & 3 months) with Interborough Select Bus Service across the Williamsburg Bridge. In addition, while this goes on, I'm sure that there will be another subway section shut-down in which they'll still need more buses and Bus Operators, especially on the weekend and/or overnight.

(Click here for more information about the (L) train shutdown.)

Edited by +Young+

On 12/8/2018 at 7:19 PM, umidonthaveone said:

Didn’t know they all worked together, makes sense thou 

I'm sure @SevenEleven can provide more insight, however, like I previously said, on the weekends it's a 55-hour duration (sometimes close to 80 hours if it's a holiday weekend). Therefore, if I recall correctly, selected depots will provide a certain number of buses for selected General Orders (aka G.O.'s), whether it's replacing the (7) from Main Street to Willets Points, or the (N) from Ditmars Blvd to Queensboro Plaza, or the (R) from 59th Street to 95th Street in Brooklyn, etc. (the list can go on and on). Once on site, Dispatchers will be at both ends to organize the commuters and the Bus Operators. Keep in mind that this is only a temporary duration.

From July of 2017 to April of 2018, when the Myrtle Viaduct was being replaced, which the (M) line uses to go from Myrtle Avenue to Metropolitan Avenue, things were a little bit more organized. As you can see below, they had three [3] specific routes, therefore they assigned each route to a specific depot (or two) in an effort to minimize the confusion within the Dept. of Buses. When the time comes for the (L) train shutdown, you will be able to view those specific depots that are chosen to help transport the commuters by clicking here.

(My apologies for briefly going off-topic.)

servChanges1.jpg

Edited by +Young+
Typographical error

• 2 months later...

I received an email for the pre-employment process for this exam on February 1st, 2019, but I had to defer. When I emailed DCAS requesting for my name to be restored onto the eligible list, I was told that I would have to contact the MTA. The contents of my email to them included my full name, birthdate, social security number, list number, and exam number. Not only was the response they gave me vague, but left me scratching my head on how to proceed. Any help with pointing me in the right direction will be highly appreciated.

3 hours ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

I received an email for the pre-employment process for this exam on February 1st, 2019, but I had to defer. When I emailed DCAS requesting for my name to be restored onto the eligible list...Any help with pointing me in the right direction will be highly appreciated.

Either call them at (347) 643 8229/30/31/32 or visit them on the 5th Floor of 180 Livingston Street and take it from there. The reason why they told you this is because this was not a civil service exam.

In addition, if you still have the e-mail, I would print it out, go down there with all of your documentation and see what happens. February 1st is less than two weeks old, so they'll probably take you.

Just an update: 

Still receiving invitations to start the pre-employment process for this job. Recently received a third invitation! This time via 3 of the same text messages, which were then followed by 3 subsequent consecutive automated phone calls by a female voice echoing the same words as was in the text messages. Basically to report to 180 Livingston St in Brooklyn between today and this Friday as my number has been reached on the list 😮😮😮...

With myself still residing here in SE Massachusetts, I thought that after having to decide to decline the position 2x previously that they would have just moved on with the list by now...? I figure that eventually they will, but maybe this is a greater sign here...who knows? 🤔🤔🤔

Does anyone know what the story is at the MTA with regards to this Exam? Are they still in need of bodies for the L train shutdown thing, or has that been resolved? Just wondering what the story is. I bet this would never happen with the T/O #7604 list that I also took that I am waiting for. That one will be a looong wait..*sigh* 

Edited by JV620

54 minutes ago, JV620 said:

Just an update: 

Still receiving invitations to start the pre-employment process for this job. Recently received a third invitation! This time via 3 of the same text messages, which were then followed by 3 subsequent consecutive automated phone calls by a female voice echoing the same words as was in the text messages. Basically to report to 180 Livingston St in Brooklyn between today and this Friday as my number has been reached on the list 😮😮😮...

With myself still residing here in SE Massachusetts, I thought that after having to decide to decline the position 2x previously that they would have just moved on with the list by now...? I figure that eventually they will, but maybe this is a greater sign here...who knows? 🤔🤔🤔

Does anyone know what the story is at the MTA with regards to this Exam? Are they still in need of bodies for the L train shutdown thing, or has that been resolved? Just wondering what the story is. I bet this would never happen with the T/O #7604 list that I also took that I am waiting for. That one will be a looong wait..*sigh* 

They are still taking people, not sure if they are pulling from multiple exams but I know for a fact because I gave someone bus lessons that just got into TA. She also said they are hiring like crazy, I'm sure its cause they need bodies and not much people can make it past the training quote on quote a lot of people she seen failed out. 

On 12/5/2018 at 10:07 PM, Jojofromtheblock said:

Hey guys just wanted to give you and update. I start my traning at Zerega Dec 10th. So happy but very nervous. Hope this goes well for me. Exam 7300. Does anyone know what happens on the 1st day?

Jojofromtheblock how is training going ? 

On 2/11/2019 at 7:01 PM, Sfredo said:

What is the difference between NYCT bus and MTA bus company

NYCT is a civil service exam still given by DCAS, so I believe policies are governed under city laws. MTA bus company is governed by state laws. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

NYCT employees say that you have that "extra" layer of city protection and better pay and benefits because it is a civil service exam. However, MTA bus company is not.

12 hours ago, lornaevo said:

Ok. So I got home today and found a letter in my mailbox for PE and that I should report 02/22/19 @ 7:30 so that can’t happen obviously. What’s my next move?

Call them on Monday or head down to 180 Livingston with your letter and tell them that you received your letter late. They will reschedule you to another date that works with you.

• 1 month later...

I will start training on 4/29th at zerega avenue.  Can someone give me more information?  I'm told to be there at 7am but I do not know how long class is each day.  Does class end differently each day?  Am I allowed to park inside the building?  Any insight into the training would help a lot.  I'm hired as MTA bus driver however I paid to take the NYCTA exam and hope to switch over one day.  How difficult would it be to switch?

With my current job I am already invested into NYCERS but it appears I have to be under the NYCTA side to continue investing.  What exactly is the key difference between NYCTA, MTA and MABSTOA?  After training what borough could I be placed in?  

• Harry featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I recently spoke to an HR representative to inquire when I would be called off the list. He told me that they would get to me by this summer. I want to be prepared when they call and I know most of the time it it the application process or background checks that can hold a person up. 

Should I order a lifetime driving record or is the standard abstract sufficient?  What other things should you bring when they call you?

• +Young+ changed the title to MTA Bus Exams 7300 & 9309

Hi guys, I signed up for exam 9309. I was reading through this thread to try and get a little more information.

So from what I'm understanding, this isn't going to be like a test and then you get a list number. You will just get a random list number around October, and they will call off of that to take the BOSS exam? (Is this easy, sounds like it's just simple questions?)

Also I didn't know there were difference between MTA Bus Company and other tests. 9309 seems to be MTA Bus Company. I live in Staten Island right now. Would I be able to get into a Staten Island depot possibly with this one? I could probably stick it out for a couple years if I can't get into Staten Island right away, but obviously being closer to home would be best

1 hour ago, snooby said:

Hi guys, I signed up for exam 9309. I was reading through this thread to try and get a little more information.

So from what I'm understanding, this isn't going to be like a test and then you get a list number. You will just get a random list number around October, and they will call off of that to take the BOSS exam? (Is this easy, sounds like it's just simple questions?)

Also I didn't know there were difference between MTA Bus Company and other tests. 9309 seems to be MTA Bus Company. I live in Staten Island right now. Would I be able to get into a Staten Island depot possibly with this one? I could probably stick it out for a couple years if I can't get into Staten Island right away, but obviously being closer to home would be best

I believe MTA Bus Company is the Queens division and Springcreek(part time). NYCTA (TA) division is Bklyn and Staten Island. 

I don't think you can transfer from MTA Bus depot to a TA depot unless you actually take the NYCTA test.