MTA Bus Exams 7300 & 9309

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+

Here is the latest Notice of Examination for the part-time position for informational purposes.

Good luck and don't forget to check those mirrors every 3 to 5 seconds!

Question? I recently declined this position, and I plan on reinstating my name to the list at a later date. How many times can I decline and reinstate my name to the list? A more clearer question, can I reinstate and decline every 4 months?

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MTA MAC said:

Question? I recently declined this position, and I plan on reinstating my name to the list at a later date. How many times can I decline and reinstate my name to the list? A more clearer question, can I reinstate and decline every 4 months?

What list # were you ? Not sure, if it works like general city exams my best guess is you will have to retake the Boss unless your score remains active. I did the same with NYPD traffic but didn’t bother with it again. 

1 hour ago, umidonthaveone said:

What list # were you ? Not sure, if it works like general city exams my best guess is you will have to retake the Boss unless your score remains active. I did the same with NYPD traffic but didn’t bother with it again. 

My list #7xx. I didn't have to take the boss. I was exempt from taking it due to taking it and passing it for other exams, all within the same year.

9 hours ago, Mr NewFlyer said:

Sure no problem. I didn't make it past the drug test. And was wondering, did they schedule for medical after you took your drug test. Or did they say they would mail you a letter or call you another day for medical?  Did you start the process yet or what? Have you heard anything from them after that day at Livingston? 

Was also wondering if any one knows, did they start any classes yet for this?

Just an update on what's going on with me. I received my updated SS card with my name fixed, now I'm just waiting for my updated drivers license to come in the mail.  I went last Monday so I should be getting it any day now. When I get it I'll call the number I got to continue the process.  I'll be updating here as I go along. Can't wait to get started on this :D

Haven’t heard anything back yet as your probably know they said 3-90 for the drug test results to come back. So as of now just waiting. 

Update, so I got my updated SS card and driver's license. Called the number they gave me to schedule a day to come in. The person took my information/phone #. And told me at the moment there's no vacancy available. But as soon as vacancies occur, they will call me up to continue the process. So now it's a waiting game for me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

How much advance notice does MTA give when they call you for 10 day training?

I believe once you successfully pass the medical, you are offered a training date. It can range anywhere from two weeks to four weeks. It all depends on what training classes are open the day your hired, which is the same day you pass the medical. I hope I made sense MTA MAC!

10 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

I believe once you successfully pass the medical, you are offered a training date. It can range anywhere from two weeks to four weeks. It all depends on what training classes are open the day your hired, which is the same day providing you pass the medical. I hope I made sense MTA MAC!

If you do not pass Medical on the same day, they might tell you that they'll call you once they have an upcoming class available.

Keep in mind that the medical examinations are good for 90 calendar days; drug tests are good for 30 calendar days.

14 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

I believe once you successfully pass the medical, you are offered a training date. It can range anywhere from two weeks to four weeks. It all depends on what training classes are open the day your hired, which is the same day you pass the medical. I hope I made sense MTA MAC!

Thanks for the response..

4 hours ago, +Young+ said:

If you do not pass Medical on the same day, they might tell you that they'll call you once they have an upcoming class available.

Keep in mind that the medical examinations are good for 90 calendar days; drug tests are good for 30 calendar days.

Thanks for the reply Young. What's the process when you decline/reinstate your name to a particular list? The reason I'm asking is I declined 7300 pre-employment a few months back. Thanks in advance..

8 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

Thanks for the reply Young. What's the process when you decline/reinstate your name to a particular list? The reason I'm asking is I declined 7300 pre-employment a few months back. Thanks in advance..

For the MTA Bus Company and MaBSTOA, I would call the employment office (347) 643 8229/30/31/32 and see what they say. Keep in mind that this is not a civil service examination, therefore DCAS has nothing to do with this particular exam. If they do, I would personally be 100% shocked.