Favorite Hip Hop/R&B artists

B46 via Utica

My Hip Hop top 5

1)Pac

2)Nas

3)Jay - Z

4)LL

5)Kool G rap.

Big Daddy Kane might creep into my top 5 someday but I'm a lazy listener and don't really feel like listening to his Catalog :lol:  

I like R & B but I don't have a particular favorite singer. 

joey softa$$, schenectady ave, ASAP (insert name here), big S.H.I.T., poor homie quan,

ab-soul utely garbage, (insert # here) savage, chance... a rapper?, fetty... STOP!

Now that that's out the way.... In no order:

Flesh n Bone/Bizzy Bone/Krazyie Bone (from Bone Thugs n Harmony)

Can-i-Bus (before the notepad)

Busta Rhymes (before the pregnancy)

DMX

Method Man

Sunz of Man

GZA (never cared for RZA)

Tech N9ne

Twista

Snoop Dogg (before his no limit stint)

Ice Cube (before he repped that twest)

Big L (RIP)

ODB (RIP)

Onyx

M.O.P.

joey softa$$, schenectady ave, ASAP (insert name here), big S.H.I.T., poor homie quan,

ab-soul utely garbage, (insert # here) savage, chance... a rapper?, fetty... STOP!

Joey Badass (1999) and Chance the Rapper (Coloring Book) are really good, the rest I agree are shit...

Oh and how did I forget to add DMX and Wu Tang Clan?

Nice to see that Strange Music gets some love on this forum. Missed the chance to call out Lil Yachty (Lil Yucky), Lil Uzi Vert (Lil IDK, Re-Vert?) and Kodak Black, lol. 

I'm not gonna claim I'm a Biggie fan, but if I hear (or recognize) a song, I'll let it play and maybe jam to it. 

Other artists I like include:

- Kendrick Lamar

- Nas

- J Cole

- Chance the Rapper

- Snopp Dogg

- Slaughterhouse

- Lupe Fiasco

- T.I 

- Wale

- B.o.B

- Eminem

- Pitbull (This one may look off and sound like a joke, especially when compared to the other rappers on this list, but I'm referring to his music up to Rebelution, which came out in 2009, when he wasn't yet popular. Everything from 2009-2011 was hit or miss, and everything after was just too EDM-ish & too "poppy" for me. He should have stuck with Crunk/Southern Hip-Hop IMO, his lyrics were more profound, and had more emotion. From time to time he'll put out a decent song with good lyrics, or jump on a remix and actually not kill the whole song, but they are once in a blue moon. His latest album had one track with good lyrics but on an EDM beat, so there goes that). 

-Macklemore (Another surprising one, but basically anything that is not on the radio is deeper than what is on the radio).

Certain other rappers I listen to include:

- Jeezy

- Busta Rhymes

- Logic

- 50 Cent (older stuff, newer stuff is straight up bullshit)

- Yelawolf

- Big Sean

- Lil Wayne

With all these artists though, I haven't heard much of their music to make an actual opinion on them, or they can be a hit or miss. 

Archived