Enhanced Station Initiative

10 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I agree. The new design is also very shortsighted. If I were designing these subway stations, I would go with a new turnstile design with a 7 foot tall paddle gate entry along with a 7 foot tall emergency exit door, complete with alarms (something like what San Francisco has). New dedicated ADA turnstiles would also be added specifically for wheelchairs. That could be a great design to thwart turnstile hoppers because seriously. Who is the world is going to hop over a 7 foot tall paddle door. However, I would also have clear windows separating the paid area from the unpaid area instead of the traditional “prison bar”-like fences we have now. I would like a feeling of openness and world class in this system.

people still gonna enter through the gate , alarms not gonna do shit

Edited by Maxwell179

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can’t tell if the ESI work at the two Penn Stations has wrapped up or if it’s still ongoing. The only work I’ve seen done was in the mezzanine, with a few staircases being resolved. Apart from that, the station platforms themselves appear to be virtually untouched. 

10 hours ago, Cabanamaner said:

I can’t tell if the ESI work at the two Penn Stations has wrapped up or if it’s still ongoing. The only work I’ve seen done was in the mezzanine, with a few staircases being resolved. Apart from that, the station platforms themselves appear to be virtually untouched. 

It's finished, but of all ESI stations, these were the most disappointing because of the lack of actual ESI work.

• 1 month later...