Help please

Antuka

Hello guys I took a drug test for CI it is been 3weeks? How long before they call me back for next process? Do I get phone call or mail? How long is the urine analysis good for? Thanks

The general rule of thumb is anywhere from 3 to 90 calendar days. The urine analysis is good for thirty (30) days.

When I got processed back in late 2013 & early 2014, it was a phone call. However, lately I've been reading that they've been sending out e-mails instead.

Not necessarily because for RTO (either Conductor or Train Operator) you have to go through school car. If you don't pass that, you're out!!

Similarly within the Dept. of Buses, if you don't pass the 10-day training session, you're also out!!

Antuka, taking the drug test its a good sign because regardless you will get called its just a matter of time, there always hiring for CI's due to a lot of them retiring and the training is not crazy like RTO or CR or anything operating related but you still have to pass regardless...so  far its a good Gig..I have many friends who are CI's and they don't complain as much as I hear people complaining regarding RTO, Bus etc...just have some patience..MTA is a waiting game so try not to think too much about it and they will call you when you least expect it..

only downfall so far with CI is that you can get placed anywhere, so for example if your residing in Queens you might have to report to the Bronx depot till the picks are out...but same goes for RTO as well ...good luck man and let us know how it works out..

I just took the signal maintainer exam hoping I get in but as I stated I wont think too much about it

• 6 months later...
On 4/26/2017 at 11:04 AM, +Young+ said:

Not necessarily because for RTO (either Conductor or Train Operator) you have to go through school car. If you don't pass that, you're out!!

Similarly within the Dept. of Buses, if you don't pass the 10-day training session, you're also out!!

So let' say for a helper signals after they pass the drug test are they in?

Archived