Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Union Tpke

General SBS Discussion

On 9/4/2018 at 10:01 AM, Lawrence St said:

The M60SBS is worse.

I don't understand how there can be 2 buses arriving at the same time and then the next one is 35 minutes away. And this happens EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Oh hell no. If I was coming off a plane at LaGuardia and I had a 35 minute wait for the M60 I’d get an Uber.

I wouldn’t care if the trip cost me $35 or if surge pricing was in effect. If an Uber can pick me up within 10 minutes with a guaranteed seat after a long flight you bet your ass I’m going to cross over from the bus stop to the rideshare stand.

• LMAO! 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

Oh hell no. If I was coming off a plane at LaGuardia and I had a 35 minute wait for the M60 I’d get an Uber.

I wouldn’t care if the trip cost me $35 or if surge pricing was in effect. If an Uber can pick me up within 10 minutes with a guaranteed seat after a long flight you bet your ass I’m going to cross over from the bus stop to the rideshare stand.

I’ve always come from JFK (thank God) and always took a cab to and from for my international flights. LaGuardia is just insane. We drove once to pick up folks from there and I couldn’t imagine flying out of there, let alone taking the M60. LOL

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8
  • Upvote 2

On 9/12/2018 at 5:57 PM, trainfan22 said:

Glenwood road is now a two way street near the Rock Park (L) station, traffic lights installed both ways, yellow lines and SBS machines on both sides of the street.

Nice. Thank f**k that weird loopy thing is eliminated. That was a complete waste of time for southbound B6/B82

Edited by Yankees4life
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Yankees4life said:

Nice. Thank f**k that weird loopy thing is eliminated. That was a complete waste of time for southbound B6/B82

I never understood why they had that loop thing. It never made sense. 

21 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

I never understood why they had that loop thing. It never made sense. 

I guess it was to provide an easier connection to the (L) but honestly, Glennwood should be been a two-way street from the get go if they wanted to do that.

11 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

I guess it was to provide an easier connection to the (L) but honestly, Glennwood should be been a two-way street from the get go if they wanted to do that.

Let me throw a little history lesson in here. It wasn't that long ago (to me) that the whole area east of the train station was a transit desert  There were three bus routes serving the station primarily.  The B42, the B17, and the B60 with the latter route serving the residents east of the station.  Let me point out that only alternate B60s came that far south. The terminal was at Hegeman and Rockaway Avenue. There's a playground where the the buses used to be stored in an old trolley barn on that corner today . Going back to the Glenwood situation east of the station remember that Flatlands was the primary street down there and anyone else who wanted the (L) could use the E 105th station if the subway was what they wanted. I can recall when the B6 and the old B50 began to serve the area east of the station.  Carry on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1