Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Union Tpke

General SBS Discussion

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Also not on trip planner yet

How hard is it to get a new route on that map? I've seen members here doing it with ease with paint :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Brillant93 said:

B82 sbs is on transit app but it’s not active. 

Wasn't the first bus suppose to leave an hour ago? I'm still seeing data for the B82 LTD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The westbound sign reads "BENSONHURST ÷ BAY 38 ST", in contrast to the older "24 AV ÷ CROPSEY AV" (or "25 AV ÷ CROPSEY AV").

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, P3F said:

The westbound sign reads "BENSONHURST ÷ BAY 38 ST", in contrast to the older "24 AV ÷ CROPSEY AV" (or "25 AV ÷ CROPSEY AV").

Is it Bay 37 St or Bay 38 St?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Is it Bay 37 St or Bay 38 St?

The sign says Bay 38 St.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, P3F said:

The westbound sign reads "BENSONHURST ÷ BAY 38 ST", in contrast to the older "24 AV ÷ CROPSEY AV" (or "25 AV ÷ CROPSEY AV").

They should’ve made that sign ages ago. Why did they wait until SBS to do this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JeremiahC99 said:

They should’ve made that sign ages ago. Why did they wait until SBS to do this?

You could ask the same question about the B82's routing near Rockaway Parkway on the (L).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the 82 select as I speak and a few things off here:

1) Seems my driver forgot the memo that the 82 Select was supposed to turn on to Avenue K for Kings Highway instead of continuing straight to Flatbush via Flatlands.

2) Seems that some fare boxes are still taking MetroCard seeing that a few people got on without the driver saying anything

🤷‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the B82 SBS right now, seems like bus lanes are needed in more areas then they should. Trucks are still blocking traffic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

On the B82 SBS right now, seems like bus lanes are needed in more areas then they should. Trucks are still blocking traffic.

The DOT converted some metered parking to truck loading zones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, P3F said:

The DOT converted some metered parking to truck loading zones.

No dice. Than how are the buses moving through the lane. *crunches numbers* to say B82SBS is moving at rapid rate while the real truth is that buses are moving extra slow. SMDH 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

No dice. Than how are the buses moving through the lane. *crunches numbers* to say B82SBS is moving at rapid rate while the real truth is that buses are moving extra slow. SMDH 

What are you even trying to say? If trucks aren't using the designated loading zones, that should be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that the weekday B82 local short turns to Bath Beach are discontinued but are still there for weekends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, P3F said:

What are you even trying to say? If trucks aren't using the designated loading zones, that should be fixed.

Here’s my issue. The bulk of that traffic is between East 16th and Coney Island Avenue which is the main commercial district. Trucks have to make their deliveries along the commercial district. What are the hours? 10-3? or during rush hour? 

Had the re-route was on Avenue P. There wouldn’t be any issue to that problem. However, there are no entrances at Avenue P for the (B)(Q) so the issue will continue to present it self on Kings Highway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Here’s my issue. The bulk of that traffic is between East 16th and Coney Island Avenue which is the main commercial district. Trucks have to make their deliveries along the commercial district. What are the hours? 10-3? or during rush hour? 

Had the re-route was on Avenue P. There wouldn’t be any issue to that problem. However, there are no entrances at Avenue P for the (B)(Q) so the issue will continue to present it self on Kings Highway. 

The truck loading zones are set to middays, although the actual times vary between spots. An example of one is 10 AM - 2 PM. After 2 PM that segment becomes normal metered parking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

It seems that the weekday B82 local short turns to Bath Beach are discontinued but are still there for weekends.

Did the weekend schedule change at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, P3F said:

The truck loading zones are set to middays, although the actual times vary between spots. An example of one is 10 AM - 2 PM. After 2 PM that segment becomes normal metered parking.

Very clear on this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

On the B82 SBS right now, seems like bus lanes are needed in more areas then they should. Trucks are still blocking traffic.

Some people park in these loading zones not caring not one bit and that’s how we get congestion in the area. The traffic cops of the people who supposed to give out tickets aren’t doing so. 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

No dice. Than how are the buses moving through the lane. *crunches numbers* to say B82SBS is moving at rapid rate while the real truth is that buses are moving extra slow. SMDH 

I took the 82 today and it wasn’t slow at all. Actually it took off about 4-6 minutes off my commute home today. But it also could be because it’s a Jewish holiday today and tomorrow so we won’t really know how it does until everyone is back at work or school. 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Here’s my issue. The bulk of that traffic is between East 16th and Coney Island Avenue which is the main commercial district. Trucks have to make their deliveries along the commercial district. What are the hours? 10-3? or during rush hour? 

Had the re-route was on Avenue P. There wouldn’t be any issue to that problem. However, there are no entrances at Avenue P for the (B)(Q) so the issue will continue to present it self on Kings Highway. 

The issue with trucks are exactly lack of loadings zones... well until know. As I said up top you have people who’ve are parking in these loading zones prohibiting trucks from parking. Unless DOT and the NYPD actually do something about it congestion is still going to be an issue. 

But my experience with the 82 sbs has been good just for today. The busses were frequent more so than the old limited and they weren’t as crowded. Funny how the local was still crowded while sbs buses weren’t, but I guess people have to become more familiar with it over time. I really wished they would introduce it for the weekends because it’s needed in my opinion. I’ll post more about the 82 throughout the week because it is a religious holiday time so that route hasn’t seen the true traffic yet. 

Edited by Brillant93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Also, one of the "new" XD40's already broke down near 59th St on Flatlands.

I believe that bus was involved in a collision. When I was heading to work, I noticed a sedan door turned the opposite way. The ambulance , NYPD and MTA supervisions was at the scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Interested Rider said:

Today and tomorrow are religious holidays so that ridership may be lower on the Kings Highway portion of the route. 

Which is also probably why traffic was so great today. But even still a lot of people in that area have to become familiar with sbs. The local B82 was packed but I guess over time those same people who want a faster service will hop on the sbs realizing they now have an all day limited service. Even when the B82 had limited service a lot of people just hopped whatever came first and it often lead to a lot of people becoming confused on to why they missed their local stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.