Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Union Tpke

General SBS Discussion

4 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I was talking about the lanes on Kings Hwy between Flatbush Avenue and Avenue K. Those are the bus lanes whose 24-hour operation, even though there is no bus service there overnight, are in question. I was wondering if the main road bus lane hours were in retaliation for bus lane rejection, since it would make absolutely no sense to have bus lanes in effect if there are no overnight bus lines to use them.

I agree that it makes no sense but that's what they also did on Richmond Ave in SI. 24 hr bus lanes when there is no bus service. What's also nuts is that there is virtually nowhere to switch between the main and service roads which means if you need to make a right turn, you have to know to make your whole trip in the service road or go way out of your way. 

5 minutes ago, MidwoodMartin said:

The plan is 7-7, not 24/7. I'm not sure why the signs don't list the times.

Rumors float around all the time. I wouldn't believe them all.

If it were 7 to 7, there would be signs to indicate that. No signs mean 24/7.

28 minutes ago, BrooklynBus said:

I agree that it makes no sense but that's what they also did on Richmond Ave in SI. 24 hr bus lanes when there is no bus service. What's also nuts is that there is virtually nowhere to switch between the main and service roads which means if you need to make a right turn, you have to know to make your whole trip in the service road or go way out of your way. 

You would think that the DOT would’ve built some slip lanes to switch from main road to service road when making the whole SBS project, but I think it may cut into the government villains diabolical plans to make driving in NYC a huge pain in the a$$.

Does anyone know why the M60 was rerouted between Astoria Blvd and Steinway St? They added new SBS machines at Starbucks and said it was temporary , any ideas?

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Does anyone know why the M60 was rerouted between Astoria Blvd and Steinway St? They added new SBS machines at Starbucks and said it was temporary , any ideas?

Aren’t they redoing the station like in raising it? Probably why they’re rerouting it. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

M60+ and Q19 stop is temporarily relocated during construction until Tuesday Feb. 6th.

Edited by East New York

On 2/2/2019 at 1:32 AM, Lawrence St said:

Well for one, they're using columbus triangle (where the normal stop is) as a construction staging area. 

Second, that intersection will be closed for 20 weekends during construction.

intersectionclosure.jpg

More:

https://new.mta.info/sites/default/files/2019-02/Astoria Blvd ADA and Renewal v4- 1-30-19.pdf

On 2/2/2019 at 10:12 PM, East New York said:

M60+ and Q19 stop is temporarily relocated during construction until Tuesday Feb. 6th.

I think it will be longer than that... Unless we're talking about two different things

• Upvote 2

IMPLEMENT A TRAFFIC SIGNAL PRIORITY SYSTEM ON SEVERAL SELECTED BUS SERVICE (SBS) ROUTES THROUGH SIGNAL PRIORITY IN CONGESTED CORRIDORS TO REDUCE BUS TRAVEL TIME AND MAKE BUS SERVICE MORE RELIABLE ON THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS: BX6 SBS (155TH ST, 161ST ST, ELTON AVE, 163RD ST, ETC.); B82 SBS (BAY PARKWAY, KINGS HWY, FLATLANDS AVE; PENNSYLVANIA AVE, ETC); B46 SBS (UTICA AVE); BX12 SBS (207TH ST, FORDHAM ROAD, PELHAM PKWY, ETC.) [ITS: PT09]

https://www.nymtc.org/Portals/0/Pdf/TIP/TIP Comment 021119/TIPcomment021119.pdf?ver=2019-02-06-143209-003

• Thanks 1

Aren't Eagle Teams suppose to be patrolling every SBS line once in a while? I've been on the M23 and Bx12 a lot lately and haven't seen one single person.

16 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Aren't Eagle Teams suppose to be patrolling every SBS line once in a while? I've been on the M23 and Bx12 a lot lately and haven't seen one single person.

Eagle teams appear less often than fare beaters themselves. But I hear they appear semi-often on the B44/46 and less often on other routes.

• Upvote 1

They appear on the M15 more often now.. I’ve seen them as low as Fulton St... but mostly Catherine St I see them all the time 

Since the Bx12 started, i've only seen the eagle team twice in my life:

On February 24th, 2019 on the B46 at Utica and Fulton

On March 3rd, 2019 on the Q53 at Woodhaven and Jamaica Avenue

maybe i just don't go outside a lot

6 minutes ago, Train92 said:

Since the Bx12 started, i've only seen the eagle team twice in my life:

On February 24th, 2019 on the B46 at Utica and Fulton

On March 3rd, 2019 on the Q53 at Woodhaven and Jamaica Avenue

maybe i just don't go outside a lot

They should be on the Bx12 more often...lots of kids farebeat during the school time.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

They should be on the Bx12 more often...lots of kids farebeat during the school time.

They don’t give kids fines they are kids .. kids farebeat on every route, most they can do is tell them to use your school metro card to get a ticket

Edited by Kingjunior34

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Yeah, the Target isn't on kids. The target here is adults.

2 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

Yeah, the Target isn't on kids. The target here is adults.

But still, isnt the fare going up and service getting cut because farebeaters are doing it?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

But still, isnt the fare going up and service getting cut because farebeaters are doing it?

Students here aren't the issue. School's can make it hell for Students to get replacement MetroCards' and in essence Students are no longer being targeted according to an Internal NYPD Memo. The thing is that a student shouldn't be punished for not having a MetroCard, mind that Students with MetroCards don't have to pay for a ride, while adults have to. So it isn't fair in both senses. Adults are curbing this bad habit, and they are the one's who deserved to be punished to the fullest extent. Students have nothing to do with Fare Beating increasing, they're just kids. Most of these kids come from struggling families who can barely put food on the table, and putting shit on their record for not having a MetroCard is just insane too. This shouldn't even have to be a conversation, it's quite clear that the adults curb this bad behavior and they should be the ones reprimanded for it.

Edited by WestFarms36
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, WestFarms36 said:

Students here aren't the issue. School's can make it hell for Students to get replacement MetroCards' and in essence Students are no longer being targeted according to an Internal NYPD Memo. The thing is that a student shouldn't be punished for not having a MetroCard, mind that Students with MetroCards don't have to pay for a ride, while adults have to. So it isn't fair in both senses. Adults are curbing this bad habit, and they are the one's who deserved to be punished to the fullest extent. Students have nothing to do with Fare Beating increasing, they're just kids. Most of these kids come from struggling families who can barely put food on the table, and putting shit on their record for not having a MetroCard is just redicolous too. This shouldn't even have to be a conversation, it's quite clear that the adults curb this bad behavior and they should be the ones reprimanded for it.

I understand. I misunderstood the situation.

6 hours ago, Union Tpke said:

I'm surprised they didn't use the new SBS timetable format for the B82 but did for the M14A/D.

6 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Wow that's frequent overnight service, presumably to connect to the (J) at Delancey

IDK if 10 minute overnight service on the M14A is needed though. The (L) runes it's regular frequency overnight and the (J) only runs every 20 minutes overnight. I doubt that there was an extreme boost in overnight ridership.

57 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

IDK if 10 minute overnight service on the M14A is needed though. The (L) runes it's regular frequency overnight and the (J) only runs every 20 minutes overnight. I doubt that there was an extreme boost in overnight ridership.

There wasn’t. The only boost there was is on the M line. I said before people are going to take the train over a bus. The MTA is just throwing money for the M14 sbs for no reason in my opinion. 

29 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

The MTA is just throwing money for the M14 sbs for no reason in my opinion. 

And cutting service on other routes to make this happen. (M55 anyone?)

• LMAO! 1
  • Upvote 1