Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Union Tpke

General SBS Discussion

On 6/22/2019 at 6:56 PM, Brillant93 said:

The MTA is just throwing money for the M14 sbs for no reason in my opinion. 

In my eyes they only did it was so that they can slap more XD60s on both lines

At the expense of other corridors, SBS was implemented on crosstown bus corridors in Manhattan.

Yet, look at this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/30/nyregion/trying-to-get-buses-to-crawl-a-little-faster.html?searchResultPosition=6

But the Manhattan crosstown routes most notorious for their maddening slowness -- like the M23 and the M96 -- are not part of the study. The short distances traveled and the need to stop at every avenue do not make bus rapid transit feasible, planners said.

• Upvote 1

I don't know if this thread is the perfect place to put this, but there is news on the 14th Street Plans: Today, NY Supreme Court Justice Eileen Rakower blocked the DOT from implementing the 14th Street Busway. However, the M14A/D SBS is still scheduled to be implemented on Monday. Don't believe me? Google "14th Street Busway" and in the news, there should be a few articles about the restraining order.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I don't know if this thread is the perfect place to put this, but there is news on the 14th Street Plans: Today, NY Supreme Court Justice Eileen Rakower blocked the DOT from implementing the 14th Street Busway. However, the M14A/D SBS is still scheduled to be implemented on Monday. Don't believe me? Google "14th Street Busway" and in the news, there should be a few articles about the restraining order.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

https://gothamist.com/2019/06/28/14th_street_busway_block.php

Edited by Union Tpke

23 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

That's right. Arthur Schwartz and his transit-hating villains have done it again, blocking a beneficial bus lanes due to them putting their own interests getting in the way of better bus service. I bet this will go out of control when they go back to court in August.

You know it never ceases to amaze me on what great lengths these people will go to in order to stop improvements to make bus service better. I've seen it all from community board oppositions to written letters, but full-fledged lawsuits, really? What else are they going to do?

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

That's right. Arthur Schwartz and his transit-hating villains have done it again, blocking a beneficial bus lanes due to them putting their own interests getting in the way of better bus service. I bet this will go out of control when they go back to court in August.

You know it never ceases to amaze me on what great lengths these people will go to in order to stop improvements to make bus service better. I've seen it all from community board oppositions to written letters, but full-fledged lawsuits, really? What else are they going to do?

It's all because of some greedy politicians that want to drive their cars around. So I guess the M14 SBS is now another S79 SBS with no bus lanes.

Thanks so much for running buses😒

arthur-schwartz-pier-40-hudson-park-2018

“If speeding up buses at the expense of my kids breathing soot in their lungs, the buses can be 1 mile an hour slower,” said Schwartz.

What a stupid A** hole, the cars and trucks that are bustling down the street now have more soot than just these buses down 14th Street. How dumb can politicians be?

Edited by Lil 57
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

So no M14 SBS then?

SBS = YES.

Vehicle restrictions = NO

Per judge order.. There are articles circulating read up on them this weekend!

1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

It's all because of some greedy politicians that want to drive their cars around. So I guess the M14 SBS is now another S79 SBS with no bus lanes.

Thanks so much for running buses😒

arthur-schwartz-pier-40-hudson-park-2018

What a stupid A** hole, the cars and trucks that are bustling down the street now have more soot than just these buses down 14th Street. How dumb can politicians be?

I thought the s79 had bus lanes it just didnt have off board boarding.

22 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I thought the s79 had bus lanes it just didnt have off board boarding.

Only on Hylan north of Lincoln Ave and for a section on Richmond from Forest Hill Road to the SI Mall. The ones on Hylan are only peak hours, peak direction. The S79 is basically a limited and since the SBS wraps are getting discontinued that doesn't help either.

Is there a reason to how come the S79 is a SBS route but doesn't do machines with receipts and all-doors to open?

2 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Only on Hylan north of Lincoln Ave and for a section on Richmond from Forest Hill Road to the SI Mall. The ones on Hylan are only peak hours, peak direction. The S79 is basically a limited and since the SBS wraps are getting discontinued that doesn't help either.

Still better than the old S79 local

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

Is there a reason to how come the S79 is a SBS route but doesn't do machines with receipts and all-doors to open?

With the exception of the SI Mall and the first stop in Brooklyn, ridership at the stops aren’t enough to warrant off-board payment.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Calvin said:

To secure Federal funding and to make sure SI doesn't get left out of the SBS program.

Posted (edited)

A message of the 14 St SBS with 6101/5 that are out of 100 st now

Edited by Calvin

19 minutes ago, Calvin said:

A message of the 14 St SBS with 6101/5 that are out of 100 st now

Those clips were probably taken days ago.

I feel like the M14 isn’t going to be as efficient as it was made to be. The whole point of this was for it to have a bus way to get to it’s destination faster, but that never happened at all. 

• Upvote 2

When is the Q10 going to get SBS? JFK is the only airport in NY to not have any SBS routes serving it.

54 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

When is the Q10 going to get SBS? JFK is the only airport in NY to not have any SBS routes serving it.

Maybe in the future.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

The B15 is on its way In future, but the Q10 seems like a way better choice in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2019 at 11:21 AM, Brillant93 said:

The B15 is on its way In future, but the Q10 seems like a way better choice in my opinion. 

There is no room for bus lanes on Lefferts.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

This is what made me think that the B15 cannot be +SBS a year ago. But the B46 +SBS is privileged, and has no room for the bus lanes going from St. Johns Pl towards Fulton and passed it via Utica Ave(also the opposite run). And yes for the one who said that the Q10 works for +SBS. Wait Lefferts ??? I know the B15 don't run on Lefferts Ave, unless you mean something else.

33 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

You don’t necessarily need bus lanes for sbs, you can get away with off board payment. If I recall the Q70 doesn’t have bus lanes, correct me if I’m wrong.