Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Union Tpke

General SBS Discussion

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

The city somehow manipulated an activist judge to get what they want

 

And you have proof?

In any case, the busway is sorely needed.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

The city somehow manipulated an activist judge to get what they want

 

 

20 minutes ago, Lex said:

And you have proof?

In any case, the busway is sorely needed.

UPDATE: BUS LANE IN FULL EFFECT ON MONDAY 8/12/19. Per media reports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lex said:

And you have proof?

In any case, the busway is sorely needed.

If they tried to do this on 34th, 57th or 125th Street where would all the bridge and tunnel motorists go? It would be too obstructive. Maybe they should do this on Bedford Avenue in Williamsburg to speed up the B62.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

The city somehow manipulated an activist judge to get what they want

 

Oh stop whining. You don't even live here anymore

  • Like 1
  • LMAO! 4
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KK7365 said:

If they tried to do this on 34th, 57th or 125th Street where would all the bridge and tunnel motorists go? It would be too obstructive. Maybe they should do this on Bedford Avenue in Williamsburg to speed up the B62.

That doesn't answer the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Breaking news: 14th Street busway on hold indefinitely due to appellate court approving an appeal by residents.

Link: https://abc7ny.com/traffic/14th-street-busway-plan-put-on-hold-indefinitely-dot-confirms/5456338/

There should be more coverage on this soon, but seriously, does this ever end?

Then what next? The judge will rule that the busway will be okay to go through and someone else will threaten to sue again? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Breaking news: 14th Street busway on hold indefinitely due to appellate court approving an appeal by residents.

Link: https://abc7ny.com/traffic/14th-street-busway-plan-put-on-hold-indefinitely-dot-confirms/5456338/

There should be more coverage on this soon, but seriously, does this ever end?

Enough is enough already, JUST LET THE PLAN GO THROUGH!!! Jesus this is annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Enough is enough already, JUST LET THE PLAN GO THROUGH!!! Jesus this is annoying.

 

18 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

Then what next? The judge will rule that the busway will be okay to go through and someone else will threaten to sue again? 

It’s NIMBYism at its finest. I bet we won’t see any end to this.

And look at that. More coverage on this. It’s the ruling heard round the world.

And in this case, Arthur Schwartz is the definition of annoying.

Edited by JeremiahC99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JeremiahC99 said:

 

It’s NIMBYism at its finest. I bet we won’t see any end to this.

And look at that. More coverage on this. It’s the ruling heard round the world.

ALL they've done is complain, and complain...and complain ever since the (L) shutdown planning started. Like enough already.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

ALL they've done is complain, and complain...and complain ever since the (L) shutdown planning started. Like enough already.

Agreed. It gets very nauseating, and tiresome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

M42 SBS, I mean M42 update. The M42, M96 and B35 among other routes will essentially be SBS routes, but, with the arrival of OMNY, SBS branding will go away. Bus stops are being consolidated, bus lanes are being added, queue-jumps and quik curbs are being added-this is an SBS route. I just wish that the bus lanes were 24/7.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/downloads/pdf/42nd-st-cb6-sep042019.pdf

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

M42 SBS, I mean M42 update. The M42, M96 and B35 among other routes will essentially be SBS routes, but, with the arrival of OMNY, SBS branding will go away. Bus stops are being consolidated, bus lanes are being added, queue-jumps and quik curbs are being added-this is an SBS route. I just wish that the bus lanes were 24/7.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/downloads/pdf/42nd-st-cb6-sep042019.pdf

The only one that is 24/7 is the bus lane on kings hwy between ocean avenue and Flatbush 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

The only one that is 24/7 is the bus lane on kings hwy between ocean avenue and Flatbush 

Ironically, that's where a 24/7 bus lane makes almost no sense. It should have proper hours like most bus lanes in the city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one that thinks that SBS should just be re-branded as Limited again? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 12:29 PM, P3F said:

Ironically, that's where a 24/7 bus lane makes almost no sense. It should have proper hours like most bus lanes in the city.

The bus lanes through Spring Creek Towers are also 24/7.

As for a special livery, I feel that it should be ended, especially since the MTA Bus XD60s for the Q53 SBS (6234 and higher) are/will not be wrapped at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 11:29 AM, Union Tpke said:

M42 SBS, I mean M42 update. The M42, M96 and B35 among other routes will essentially be SBS routes, but, with the arrival of OMNY, SBS branding will go away. Bus stops are being consolidated, bus lanes are being added, queue-jumps and quik curbs are being added-this is an SBS route. I just wish that the bus lanes were 24/7.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/downloads/pdf/42nd-st-cb6-sep042019.pdf

Making bus lanes 24/7 in some cases make no sense.  If traffic is flowing then you don't need them 24/7.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Making bus lanes 24/7 in some cases make no sense.  If traffic is flowing then you don't need them 24/7.

Try telling that to the DOT in Brooklyn for Kings Highway and Spring Creek. My guess is that people speed thru the right lane and it’s an deterrent for that aspect. SMH. 7A-7P is good enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Try telling that to the DOT in Brooklyn for Kings Highway and Spring Creek. My guess is that people speed thru the right lane and it’s an deterrent for that aspect. SMH. 7A-7P is good enough. 

If we had better transportation throughout the ENTIRE city, I could understand having bus lanes 24/7, but with the way the (MTA) is going trying to justify cutting service at every turn, they are essentially forcing people to drive, and so those people should be able to get around as well.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

If we had better transportation throughout the ENTIRE city, I could understand having bus lanes 24/7, but with the way the (MTA) is going trying to justify cutting service at every turn, they are essentially forcing people to drive, and so those people should be able to get around as well.

The B82 Select Bus doesn't even run on weekends, much less 24/7. For those bus lanes, anything more than 7AM-9AM and 4PM-7PM is overkill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Try telling that to the DOT in Brooklyn for Kings Highway and Spring Creek. My guess is that people speed thru the right lane and it’s an deterrent for that aspect. SMH. 7A-7P is good enough. 

That would be a counterproductive reason for the DOT, since they've installed a multitude of speed cameras on Kings Highway.

Thank goodness for Waze showing their locations, at the very least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, P3F said:

That would be a counterproductive reason for the DOT, since they've installed a multitude of speed cameras on Kings Highway.

Thank goodness for Waze showing their locations, at the very least.

.... and that I agree ☝

Edited by Future ENY OP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.