Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Union Tpke

Select Bus Service Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Brillant93 said:

I think also having unfinished construction materials and equipment in nieghborhoods would cause disruption. It’s probably postponed to tweak whatever is cost effective and to thoroughly finish all the construction. 

You don't tell people a project is on hold while you are continuing construction. That is just flat out lying. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, BrooklynBus said:

You don't tell people a project is on hold while you are continuing construction. That is just flat out lying. 

So you rather have a sidewalk closed for 3+ months instead of finishing the necessary pieces. The SBS machines can be postponed, but everything else i believe should be finished.

And quite honestly the MTA never officially told the actual public (not just the representatives) that construction wouldn't stop. We don't even truly know if the MTA is even going to postpone the start date. It's just undetermined ATM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BrooklynBus said:

You don't tell people a project is on hold while you are continuing construction. That is just flat out lying. 

How is that lying? A project on hold doesn’t mean leaving construction uncompleted. That doesn’t mean the B82 sbs is being launched in July. Leaving unfinished work in certain areas with equipment and such is sloppy and dangerous for pedestrians. They said the launch was delayed I think you should at least not worry about that until they announce a new launch date. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

How is that lying? A project on hold doesn’t mean leaving construction uncompleted. That doesn’t mean the B82 sbs is being launched in July. Leaving unfinished work in certain areas with equipment and such is sloppy and dangerous for pedestrians. They said the launch was delayed I think you should at least not worry about that until they announce a new launch date. 

Clearing equipment and not leaving dangerous conditions is one thing. Proceeding with construction to finish it shows there is no intention of making changes, delaying  or scrubbing the project. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

So you rather have a sidewalk closed for 3+ months instead of finishing the necessary pieces. The SBS machines can be postponed, but everything else i believe should be finished.

And quite honestly the MTA never officially told the actual public (not just the representatives) that construction wouldn't stop. We don't even truly know if the MTA is even going to postpone the start date. It's just undetermined ATM.

And there are many who believe the project as proposed should not go forward at all. And you seem to be saying it is alright to tell representatives one thing and tell or not tel, the public something else. That what they tell, representative to appease them does not matter. I repeat you don't tell representatives that you are delaying the project to obtain additional community input and then close down the input on the web. But this is typical of how DOT has handled every SBS project thus far with lies, distortions and omissions to deliberately mislead the public and reduce opposition. Why is it that you won't find a single SBS report that states a general traffic lane will be converted to an exclusive bus lane? Why is something like 90 percent of the people caught by surprise when SBS starts if publicity was so great? Why is there no mention of any proposed SBS routes on the MTA website? That is where someone would look to go to learn about it, not to the DOT website where if you want to learn about the B82 SBS, you have to look under Southern Brooklyn SBS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrooklynBus said:

Clearing equipment and not leaving dangerous conditions is one thing. Proceeding with construction to finish it shows there is no intention of making changes, delaying  or scrubbing the project. 

The changes your community wanted was no bus lanes. What does that have to do with construction in the areas that aren’t in your community? My community had its streets torn up for construction since January. Seems like you personally want the project cancelled but yet the B82 won’t get better if they just leave it be. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

The changes your community wanted was no bus lanes. What does that have to do with construction in the areas that aren’t in your community? My community had its streets torn up for construction since January. Seems like you personally want the project cancelled but yet the B82 won’t get better if they just leave it be. 

I only heard them say they didn't want bus lanes on the narrow portion of Kings Highway. There shouldn't be bus lanes in the wide portion of Kings Highway because there is no way to justify them. They won't improve service. Some of the other recommendations would improve B82 service, but they do not require SBS. I not only want this project to be put on an indefinite hold. The entire SBS program for new routes needs to be put on hold until the many problems associated with it are adequately addressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BrooklynBus said:

I only heard them say they didn't want bus lanes on the narrow portion of Kings Highway. There shouldn't be bus lanes in the wide portion of Kings Highway because there is no way to justify them. They won't improve service. Some of the other recommendations would improve B82 service, but they do not require SBS. I not only want this project to be put on an indefinite hold. The entire SBS program for new routes needs to be put on hold until the many problems associated with it are adequately addressed. 

They released the bus plan city wide today so that’s already addressed. Why would they still not at least complete construction  that would reroute the B82? On top of that one of the representatives got money from the city to redo kings hwy anyway. Even if sbs was canceled for the B82 construction on the pedestrian islands along kings hwy would see need to be done because most of them are decayed. I believe they set aside 20 million to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

They released the bus plan city wide today so that’s already addressed. Why would they still not at least complete construction  that would reroute the B82? On top of that one of the representatives got money from the city to redo kings hwy anyway. Even if sbs was canceled for the B82 construction on the pedestrian islands along kings hwy would see need to be done because most of them are decayed. I believe they set aside 20 million to it. 

Where do I find this citywide bus plan that addresses SBS problems? I don't see it on their website. The buses would work just as fine in the service roads as in the main roads. Reconstruction of the bus stops is a waste of $20 million. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BrooklynBus said:

Where do I find this citywide bus plan that addresses SBS problems? I don't see it on their website. The buses would work just as fine in the service roads as in the main roads. Reconstruction of the bus stops is a waste of $20 million. 

The bus plan that was released today. Which outlines how they want to help the bus system. Via redesigning the routes, enforcing bus lanes, all door boarding, and so on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brillant93 said:

The bus plan that was released today. Which outlines how they want to help the bus system. Via redesigning the routes, enforcing bus lanes, all door boarding, and so on. 

Where can I find the document?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BrooklynBus said:

Where can I find the document?

It’s on the news. I posted a thread on it today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

It’s on the news. I posted a thread on it today. 

Yes. Its all over the news, but there is no document to look at is there? 

Edited by BrooklynBus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BrooklynBus said:

Yes. Its all over the news, but there is no document to look at is there? 

Yep, just like there is no documents showing the delayed date for the B82 SBS.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.