Addendum: NYCT Buys 200 Orions from TTC...May not happen!

The Real

I knew that article sounded suspect. It was confusing the shit out of people when it came out on Sunday,because it mentioned the upcoming option order more times than the 200 buses and didn't even say they were old...

Whats crazy is that I knew about the 200 TTC Buses almost two months ago, the information came from BOTH sides of the border but was told to sit on the information until it because a press release. So when TimeOut New York came out with the 200 buses, I was surprised that it had hit the press that way, with the lack of the full story. Yesterday, a connect told me that the MTA is backing away from the purchase and then another reliable source passed wind about the cracks in a bus.

This is the reason why I sit on certain information for a while. I'm standing by my sources as they have never really lead me a stray with information and is always on point. But there is more to this story that needs to hit the surface.

Now to those in the Bus Lounge running their mouths, just shut the f**k up. Or see me on my wall or in my inbox and we can talk man to man instead of you keyboard warrior'ing on a Facebook group.

Here's another similar article not posted long ago too:

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20170427/williamsburg/mta-subway-train-bus-select-bus-williamsburg-bridge-l-train-shutdown.amp

In regards to the environmentalists, they have to suck it up because not everything is about "new, new, new". If you want electric buses so bad, rotate the TTC Orions with our Orions. What I mean is send about 20 or so buses to each depot with OGs, like QV, FP, ENY, MQ, GA, and maybe even MCH and MV. If each depot gets about 20-30 buses each from TTC, I bet they wouldn't complain as much as they did.

Also I wonder what would happen if the MTA did order more LFS and Xcelsiors beyond the option order. Would these so called "environmentalists" try as hard to get those electric buses that we didn't even test yet? *sigh* I hope the MTA does get these Orions because the way they are set up are making me want to ride them.

Whats crazy is that I knew about the 200 TTC Buses almost two months ago, the information came from BOTH sides of the border but was told to sit on the information until it because a press release. So when TimeOut New York came out with the 200 buses, I was surprised that it had hit the press that way, with the lack of the full story. Yesterday, a connect told me that the MTA is backing away from the purchase and then another reliable source passed wind about the cracks in a bus.

This is the reason why I sit on certain information for a while. I'm standing by my sources as they have never really lead me a stray with information and is always on point. But there is more to this story that needs to hit the surface.

Now to those in the Bus Lounge running their mouths, just shut the f**k up. Or see me on my wall or in my inbox and we can talk man to man instead of you keyboard warrior'ing on a Facebook group.

Yessir. Especially that one individual who said you made this post because you miss your "rustbucket of an Orion" as he called it. 

Damn fools

The article bashes the whole thing from front to back and basically sums it up as "MTA solves L train shutdown with "200 old used ass non-green diesel buses."

LMAO

Also, if the (MTA) would like about 50 Orion V's for less than $30 each, they can check out these auctions: http://www.auctionsinternational.com/auction/nassau-mta-10640-10640

[Many, if not all, run on CNG so that may render those buses useless.]

LMAO

Also, if the (MTA) would like about 50 Orion V's for less than $30 each, they can check out these auctions: http://www.auctionsinternational.com/auction/nassau-mta-10640-10640

[Many, if not all, run on CNG so that may render those buses useless.]

Most of those can't run.

Yessir. Especially that one individual who said you made this post because you miss your "rustbucket of an Orion" as he called it. 

Damn fools

Jeez, that's just pathetic.

Here's another similar article not posted long ago too:https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20170427/williamsburg/mta-subway-train-bus-select-bus-williamsburg-bridge-l-train-shutdown.amp

In regards to the environmentalists, they have to suck it up because not everything is about "new, new, new". If you want electric buses so bad, rotate the TTC Orions with our Orions. What I mean is send about 20 or so buses to each depot with OGs, like QV, FP, ENY, MQ, GA, and maybe even MCH and MV. If each depot gets about 20-30 buses each from TTC, I bet they wouldn't complain as much as they did.

Also I wonder what would happen if the MTA did order more LFS and Xcelsiors beyond the option order. Would these so called "environmentalists" try as hard to get those electric buses that we didn't even test yet? *sigh* I hope the MTA does get these Orions because the way they are set up are making me want to ride them.

These buses are for the L train shutdown. There's no need for them to go to most of the depots you mentioned. MV and OH are hybrid depots anyway so that wouldn't happen. These buses need to stay in large groups for fleet comonality. If they were Cummins powered buses then maybe they could do that, but they aren't. They would likely keep them together within only a couple depots for ease of maintenance.

Well I think I just uncovered a bombshell and I am continuing to gather intel as I type. My sources call bullshit with the 70 cracks, and someone is being told to say this because the eco geeks don't want 200 diesel buses.

That was just the beginning. What I just uncovered in addition to the eco geeks just blew me away.

After I got this breaking, news I was told to go read the article "thoroughly." Well my first time actually reading it was 5 minutes ago and I instantly identified everything my source was talking about. The article bashes the whole thing from front to back and basically sums it up as "MTA solves L train shutdown with "200 old used ass non-green diesel buses."

Someone leaked this shit from within the MTA in an attempt to shut it down in my opinion. This article should NOT have been posted in the news. It should have posted first and exclusively by Trevor and followed up my none other than myself, and added to the Roster by Ray.

I posted 2 months ago and I always update you all on bus orders even if I know the model and can't say anything. So for there to ALL of a sudden an issue with something that Trevor and I have known about for 2 months screams out to me and says this right here and right now...

Dante Robinson, AKA East New York calls bullshit and I want to see the recipes for 70 cracks please. I been doing this shit for over 10 years. Trevor has been doing it longer, and the MTA has been doing it longer than both of us combined. Now all of a sudden after this shit is leaked, someone finds 70 cracks..... FOH

I know for a fact the MTA inspected those buses. This was supposed to be Trevor's exclusive that I already backed with the facts released only here at NYC Transit Forums. This was not supposed to be put out there yet.

Whoever did this knew that Trevor and I would post on it but like always we cannot and will not ever tell our direct sources. By them putting this in the news makes it a much bigger issue than what it really is in an attempt to make the issue bigger that what it really is... I'm just amazed right now.... I want to see receipts for 70 cracks right now, and until Time Out posts pictures, this is officially a damn scandal..... Not to mention Trevor and I were completely sidelined out of our exclusive in an attempt to make it seem as if we didn't know this was coming. Good thing I posted a random 200 diesel buses 2 months ago. I knew all the forum viewers would assume it was "new buses" and not ask any questions at all. All off a sudden it's a problem...... And all of a sudden there is a surprise emergency inspection on the buses coincidentally one day after Trevor makes the initial post....

Until I see pictures, Bye Felicia!! #OrionGate #SomeOneIsHating

Damn, and I thought the OP was a twist! :o

I don't see the big deal with having diesel buses...it's not like the hybrids have been the environmental miracle everyone assumed they would be, what with the difficult to recycle batteries, etc. It's not like these buses are running on coal!

A TTC Orion 7? Didn't someone else say the Orions in question are still active TTC buses?

I believe TTC wanted to retire these buses around 2017-18. So this doesn't surprise me.

Speaking of surprises, word has it one of the Orions were spotted on the Hillcrest with ny license plates. No logos or decals were spotted on the bus

To clarify whats being said.

It was spotted at Hillcrest Shops in TTC(still in Canada), on a truck that has NY license plates, not the bus.

Clarification is key, fellas. It might come here, it might not, just wait and see.

To clarify whats being said.

It was spotted at Hillcrest Shops in TTC(still in Canada), on a truck that has NY license plates, not the bus.

Clarification is key, fellas. It might come here, it might not, just wait and see.

Oh! Silly me had Queens on the brain...

Is there any way to confirm or deny that this unit did have logos removed?

Word is from both sides of the border that the deal is still on, but someone is trying to stop it because they are diesels.

These people... I swear some people take it too far... No diesel buses? I thought any bus that run would be fine, but noooo they want "electric buses". Let em choose, do they want 200 buses to replace the (L) or 10. Reminds me of PETA where they even try to prevent people from drinking milk...

If you want to see pictures of the buses in Toronto,, take a look at the Transit Toronto weblog which has really great pictures of the Orions in service.

I think that Mlatransit spoke for me on this issue as I agree that any bus that runs is fine. It is my opinion that no matter what the MTA does here, there  will always be someone or some group that will complain about it and find some politician who will say"there should be a law to stop it" and then have someone file a lawsuit to delay the project even longer.The fact that the MTA is doing some long range planning here is fine with me.

Word is from both sides of the border that the deal is still on, but someone is trying to stop it because they are diesels.

Does anyone know what's going on with this bus supposedly in a TTC depot on a trailer with NY plates?

They have begun to retire, but the bulk of the fleet is still active.

So about 5-10 have retired?

Archived