B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Congrats!! As a reminder, your list number for this exam is in the 1500's, right?

As far as final processing is concerned, from what I recall, they look over your pre-employment packet and your CPD packet to make sure both match. If so, they'll enter you into payroll, you'll get your photo taken for your MetroCard pass, you'll go for your fingerprints, swear you in, give you some paperwork and booklets, and finally, give you a date to report to Zerega, as well as information regarding your temporary uniform.

Can you please share your list number for Exam 7612? Don't forget to hide the last digit or two in order to hide your identity...thanks.

15**

4 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Congrats!! As a reminder, your list number for this exam is in the 1500's, right?

As far as final processing is concerned, from what I recall, they look over your pre-employment packet and your CPD packet to make sure both match. If so, they'll enter you into payroll, you'll get your photo taken for your MetroCard pass, you'll go for your fingerprints, swear you in, give you some paperwork and booklets, and finally, give you a date to report to Zerega, as well as information regarding your temporary uniform.

Can you please share your list number for Exam 7612? Don't forget to hide the last digit or two in order to hide your identity...thanks.

Yes I'm #21xx, I probably should be a bit clearer in my question. As far as gaps in employment how do they expect it to be written on the application if you were supported by family at certain times. Do they expect you to write the family members info? Or just put supported by family from month/year - month/year? Please help!! Thanks..

Just now, MTA MAC said:

Yes I'm #21xx, I probably should be a bit clearer in my question. As far as gaps in employment...Or just put supported by family from month/year - month/year? Please help!! Thanks..

You just need to write down when you were unemployed (month/year to month/year) and how you were supported (parents, spouse, siblings, etc.) Personally, I would not put "family" down since that's a little vague, however that is just me.

Thank you for sharing your list number, I appreciate it.

On 2/28/2020 at 5:10 PM, MTA MAC said:

Received a letter to come in for P/E 7612 on 3/4 and I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have a few gaps in employment as a teenager and as an adult. What do they expect as far as filling in the gaps of employment? Can anyone give an example of what they expect on the P/E application? Thanks in advance...

You just put down "unemployed/living with parents or family" whatever reason or what you were doing during the gaps you weren't working.

Hello 

I been following this thread On and off since November. Didn't really want to chip in until I had a concrete answer from mta. Just received an email telling me to report to 180 Livingston on March 10. My listing number is in the 23xx so I was not expecting them to call me this soon. Got a couple of questions. What is the next step? I don't have my CDL permit yet (going this week to the DMV lol) I have 3 points on my license. But I have like 3 pending traffic violations? How can I handle this? I have no drug or alcohol problem and no criminal record.  Any advice?

looking forward on being part of this journey with everyone here.

best regards,

phat

On 5/25/2019 at 11:15 PM, +Young+ said:

The license requirements can be found on page two of the Notice of Examination which can be viewed here and at the top of this thread.

As far as previous moving violations: You cannot have more than four [4] points and you can have two accidents max, whether you were at fault or not. As far as suspensions, DWI, DUI, etc., you will not be able to proceed if you have any of these on your abstract within the past three [3] years.

Offhand, are you unsure of what your abstract contains for the past three [3] years? If so, you can always run off your abstract online. Click here for more details.

In addition, as a result of this incident taking place, I compared the abstracts they run off with my own abstract which I obtained online, and it's the exact same information which is contained in the standard driving record, or abstract. You don't have to pay extra $$ to run off your CDL abstract or your lifetime driving abstract, unless you want to, respectively.

Hey Young , how sure are you about that 3yr mark ? Would you possibly have a number for Livingston or somewhere  I can call to get more info 

14 minutes ago, Mikepro6 said:

Hey Young , how sure are you about that 3yr mark ? Would you possibly have a number for Livingston or somewhere  I can call to get more info 

You can try calling their general phone number - (347) 643 8229/30/31/32 or Ms. Juanita Chestnut, who's in charge of the lists for the Bus Operators @ 347-643-8213 or Ms. Emma Marie Rivera, the manager of Employment Operations @ 347-643-8523. Hopefully you'll get an answer from one of their representatives.

3 hours ago, Lilphat23 said:

Hello 

I been following this thread On and off since November. Didn't really want to chip in until I had a concrete answer from mta. Just received an email telling me to report to 180 Livingston on March 10. My listing number is in the 23xx so I was not expecting them to call me this soon. Got a couple of questions. What is the next step? I don't have my CDL permit yet (going this week to the DMV lol) I have 3 points on my license. But I have like 3 pending traffic violations? How can I handle this? I have no drug or alcohol problem and no criminal record.  Any advice?

looking forward on being part of this journey with everyone here.

best regards,

phat

First of all, thank you for sharing your list number.

Second, to make a long story short, besides the fact that you need your CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), they will not let you continue with your three pending traffic violations. The only way they will let you continue is if you pay and settle everything up. If you do not do this by March 10th, they will not allow you to continue with the process. Worse comes to worse, when everything does settle, whether you're found guilty or not, have to go to court, etc., you can always restore your name to the list. It's not the end of the world, other people have done this in the past. Click here for instructions on how to do this via e-mail.

Good luck!!

21 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

You can try calling their general phone number - (347) 643 8229/30/31/32 or Ms. Juanita Chestnut, who's in charge of the lists for the Bus Operators @ 347-643-8213 or Ms. Emma Marie Rivera, the manager of Employment Operations @ 347-643-8523. Hopefully you'll get an answer from one of their representatives.

First of all, thank you for sharing your list number.

Second, to make a long story short, besides the fact that you need your CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), they will not let you continue with your three pending traffic violations. The only way they will let you continue is if you pay and settle everything up. If you do not do this by March 10th, they will not allow you to continue with the process. Worse comes to worse, when everything does settle, whether you're found guilty or not, have to go to court, etc., you can always restore your name to the list. It's not the end of the world, other people have done this in the past. Click here for instructions on how to do this via e-mail.

Good luck!!

Young, I just got a police stop ticket last year that I sent in Not Guilty for and my court date is November of this year. So you are telling me that I would not be able to continue processing until it is paid or court final decision?

39 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

Young, I just got a police stop ticket last year that I sent in Not Guilty for and my court date is November of this year. So you are telling me that I would not be able to continue processing until it is paid or court final decision?

If you're in the 'processing' stages out of Livingston Street, correct. If you're finished with Livingston Street and they already sent you to Zerega, just tell your Superintendent/Instructor and take it from there.

2 hours ago, +Young+ said:

If you're in the 'processing' stages out of Livingston Street, correct. If you're finished with Livingston Street and they already sent you to Zerega, just tell your Superintendent/Instructor and take it from there.

Does anyone know where I can print out an extra page of the packet that was mailed to me with my letter to report for 180 Livingston street. Its the page where you list your current and prior Traffic Tickets? Thank you in advance

1 hour ago, train1290 said:

Does anyone know where I can print out an extra page of the packet that was mailed to me with my letter to report for 180 Livingston street. Its the page where you list your current and prior Traffic Tickets? Thank you in advance

Click here and scroll to page 9 of the PDF document.

49 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Also in the letter it says no more than 5 points on my record, but you guys are saying 4 points? So, Which one is it?

If they're saying 5, they must have changed things. I would still confirm by giving them a phone call before going down. Sometimes they make typographical errors.

32 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Click here and scroll to page 9 of the PDF document.

If they're saying 5, they must have changed things. I would still confirm by giving them a phone call before going down. Sometimes they make typographical errors.

Hmm... well ok, well the ticket violation date anniversary is March 15, 2017, were only days away from that date. Now question will they allow me to take the drug test....or allow me to wait and give me a piece of paper to come back at a later date to take the drug test without removing my name from the list?

25 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Hmm... well ok, well the ticket violation date anniversary is March 15, 2017, were only days away from that date. Now question will they allow me to take the drug test....or allow me to wait and give me a piece of paper to come back at a later date to take the drug test without removing my name from the list?

If I had to take an educated guess, they will probably give you a piece of paper to come back on or after Monday, March 16th, 2020. Since we're only talking about two weeks and not two months or anything greater, I think they'll allow you to come back without removing your name from the list.

The first time a candidate reports to 180 Livingston Street, they're primarily screening them of their license and/or permit, paperwork and drugs, so you should be fine.

ok so i got a call and an email saying to come in tomorrow for final processing. I guess i had to wait for the urine test to come back that i took last friday. I got the 88.25 postal order and everything ready to go...  Have to be there at 9am.  I will most likely show up around 8am just because and hopefully i can get into the march 16 2020 class. Question...................

If all goes well tomorrow, will i be given a start date? or is the class not part of being appointed. reason being is i took two personal days already and if i get into the march 16 class id have to either put in my 2 weeks at my current job or put in for vacation like as of today. Trying to keep this job in good standing. 

1 hour ago, trigger said:

If all goes well tomorrow, will i be given a start date? or is the class not part of being appointed. reason being is i took two personal days already and if i get into the march 16 class id have to either put in my 2 weeks at my current job or put in for vacation like as of today. Trying to keep this job in good standing. 

First, congrats on making it this far! If all goes well tomorrow, you will be given a date to report to Zerega for training, which will be your "start date." As far as the "start date" is concerned, if the interviewer has more than one "start date" available, such as March 16th, March 30th, etc., from what I recall, he/she will work with you. Just keep in mind that if you choose the later class date, such as March 30th compared to March 16th, you will be losing seniority as far as the general pick is concerned, your probation will be delayed by 2 weeks, and a few other things. So just keep that in mind.

And, as a reminder to everyone, your list number is in the 1500's.

Again, congrats on making it this far!!

2 hours ago, +Young+ said:

First, congrats on making it this far! If all goes well tomorrow, you will be given a date to report to Zerega for training, which will be your "start date." As far as the "start date" is concerned, if the interviewer has more than one "start date" available, such as March 16th, March 30th, etc., from what I recall, he/she will work with you. Just keep in mind that if you choose the later class date, such as March 30th compared to March 16th, you will be losing seniority as far as the general pick is concerned, your probation will be delayed by 2 weeks, and a few other things. So just keep that in mind.

And, as a reminder to everyone, your list number is in the 1500's.

Again, congrats on making it this far!!

Thanks for the info....I will post my experience tomorrow when I get home.  ^^^^^15** 

Just now, trigger said:

Good news for me, I got thru the final process.  Going to March 16th 2020 class.  I did not realize they swear you in, felt like when I joined the navy. Very similar.  

List ^^^15**

Best of luck sir if you have any question feel free to shoot me a message,I was in the 11/24 class and been out on my own for a while now.I should still have the stuff pretty much fresh in my head

14 hours ago, trigger said:

Thanks for the info....I will post my experience tomorrow when I get home.  ^^^^^15** 

Best of luck and let us know how things go.

On the other hand how is everyone? So today I went to 180 Livingston street for pre employment but I couldn't do the drug test due to having 7 points on my driving record. However, they gave me a piece of paper to call milisi I think that's how you spell her name. Well she's in charge for this list and that when the 15th comes....call the 16th to set up a day to come in for the drug test. That is all for now...I will keep you guys posted.

1 minute ago, trigger said:

Good news for me, I got thru the final process.  Going to March 16th 2020 class.  I did not realize they swear you in, felt like when I joined the navy. Very similar.  

List ^^^15**

Good stuff, I go for medical tomorrow also. How long were you there today?

2 hours ago, Cactus683 said:

Best of luck sir if you have any question feel free to shoot me a message,I was in the 11/24 class and been out on my own for a while now.I should still have the stuff pretty much fresh in my head

Thanks. I am really happy this finally got done. I do have a question though. The itinerary paper states there is no parking at zerega. Is this a true statement or a precaution?