B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Hova124 said:

Wat was the last number that been called? Mines is in the 2600's im still waitin to be contacted

I hate to admit this, however if you type "Bus Operator" into the search box of the Civil Service List Certification webpage, which can be viewed by clicking here, you will see that they already started calling people off of the next list, Exam #9604, since, according to the March 19th Certification, which expired a week ago, April 19th, the list numbers for this particular examination off of Exam #9604 "jumped" from 9 to 20, to 46, to 56, to 61, to 67, to 104, to 121, etc. In addition, the "consecutive" list numbers off of Exam #9604 don't start until the person whose list number is 200.

Therefore, although this is a public forum, I have a few questions for you:

-Have you called DCAS (212-669-1357, Option #2, enter your Social Security Number, and follow the prompts) to see where you stand on the list?

-Have you considered e-mailing DCAS (certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov) to see where you stand on the list?

-Instead of typing "Bus Operator" of the search box of the Civil Service List Certification webpage, have you considered typing in your last name to figure out when you might have been called for this position in the past?

Finally, welcome to the Forums! Glad to have you on board!

Good luck!

11 hours ago, +Young+ said:

I hate to admit this, however if you type "Bus Operator" into the search box of the Civil Service List Certification webpage, which can be viewed by clicking here, you will see that they already started calling people off of the next list, Exam #9604, since, according to the March 19th Certification, which expired a week ago, April 19th, the list numbers for this particular examination off of Exam #9604 "jumped" from 9 to 20, to 46, to 56, to 61, to 67, to 104, to 121, etc. In addition, the "consecutive" list numbers off of Exam #9604 don't start until the person whose list number is 200.

-Have you called DCAS (212-669-1357, Option #2, enter your Social Security Number, and follow the prompts) to see where you stand on the list?

-Have you considered e-mailing DCAS (certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov) to see where you stand on the list?

-Instead of typing "Bus Operator" of the search box of the Civil Service List Certification webpage, have you considered typing in your last name to figure out when you might have been called for this position in the past?

Good luck!

Does that mean their no longer calling from exam 7612?

1 hour ago, MTA MAC said:

Does that mean their no longer calling from exam 7612?

They still are, especially since this particular list does not expire until October of 2022. If you look at the March 19th Bus Operator Certification, which you can do by clicking here and typing "Bus Operator" into the search box, followed by pressing "enter" on your keyboard, you will see that this Certification consists of people from all three examinations (4600, 7612 and 9604).

However, if you want to be considered for this position off of this list, especially since they are starting to canvass names off of the 9604 list, you have to restore your name back to the (Civil Service) list. To do, follow the instructions in the green announcement box located at the top of this particular webpage which I just updated.

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+
Addition...

15 hours ago, +Young+ said:

They still are, especially since this particular list does not expire until October of 2022. If you look at the March 19th Bus Operator Certification, which you can do by clicking here and typing "Bus Operator" into the search box, followed by pressing "enter" on your keyboard, you will see that this Certification consists of people from all three examinations (4600, 7612 and 9604).

However, if you want to be considered for this position off of this list, especially since they are starting to canvass names off of the 9604 list, you have to restore your name back to the (Civil Service) list. To do, follow the instructions in the green announcement box located at the top of this particular webpage which I just updated.

Good luck!!

@+Young+Thanks man..

Hey everyone! Has there been a update on a class this month? Has anyone got an email to go for the drug test then the next step. I heard there calling from 9604 are they mixing them into a class? 

thanks

40 minutes ago, Slems said:

Hey everyone! Has there been a update on a class this month? Has anyone got an email to go for the drug test then the next step. I heard there calling from 9604 are they mixing them into a class? 

thanks

I was emailed pre-employment packet about 3 weeks ago followed up last week to find out  my status. I'm still waiting for a response, and yes it appears that they are mixing both 7612 and 9604 together since their at the end of 7612. No update on a class though.

On 4/26/2021 at 11:09 AM, +Young+ said:

Good luck!

Im sorry the exam i took is #7612 i shouldve made myself more clearer and i called the MTA building the guy said they should be calling me soon as far as they said

30 minutes ago, Hova124 said:

Im sorry the exam i took is #7612 i shouldve made myself more clearer and i called the MTA building the guy said they should be calling me soon as far as they said

Got it. If that's the case, then I would try to stay on top of this as much as possible without being annoying.

Good luck!!

9 hours ago, Hova124 said:

Whats your list number? ( if you dont mind me asking )

Hi everyone

a friend of mine resigned as a BO for this exam about 6 or 7 months ago and she told me that she could return in under a year.

She was on probation still, would she have to start all over again from the beginning Day 0 Zerega if she came back?

Who should she get in contact with if she plans to return to BO?

Thank you everyone

Edited by hh1a

On 5/5/2021 at 9:35 PM, Hova124 said:

26**

My list number is 20xx in the low 20s, What do I have to do to have MTA call me back for the pre employment ( Drug test) so i can continue the employment process? Will the come back to me again after passing me? Thanks in advance!

Edited by +Young+
Identity purposes...

On 5/5/2021 at 9:35 PM, Hova124 said:

26**

Going forward, if you can please hide the last digit or two of your list number for identity purposes, it would be appreciated. Keep in mind that, if you play around with this website, anyone's name associated with their list number can easily be revealed, which is not good.

On 5/8/2021 at 7:01 AM, hh1a said:

Hi everyone

a friend of mine resigned as a BO for this exam about 6 or 7 months ago and she told me that she could return in under a year.

She was on probation still, would she have to start all over again from the beginning Day 0 Zerega if she came back?

Has your friend reached out to the folks at Zerega? Let me know if you need a phone number.

8 hours ago, train1290 said:

My list number is 20xx in the low 20s, What do I have to do to have MTA call me back for the pre employment ( Drug test) so i can continue the employment process? Will the come back to me again after passing me? Thanks in advance!

Besides contacting the MTA, have you considered e-mailing DCAS to see if you need to restore your name to the "Civil Service" list? For more information on this, refer to the instructions in the green announcement box located at the top of this webpage. Providing you do what the MTA and/or DCAS says, they should come back to you again after initially passing over you. It happens to a lot of people - you're not the only one (trust me).

Good luck everyone!!

Edited by +Young+
Addition...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2021 at 7:01 AM, hh1a said:

Hi everyone

Thank you everyone

Most likely your friend will have to contact Zerega since they still belong to Zerega. They will not have to redo the training certification process, but instead they will have to attend to Zerega for two days for a refresher behind the wheel on the road with a group of other operators who have been out of work due to Workers Compensation or illness. After the refresher, they will continue their probation period. 

On 4/12/2021 at 11:21 PM, MTA MAC said:

Good luck, had to email them to find out why I didn't receive a call. Not sure what happened since I was recertified to the list on 3/19. Smh!!

Just want to update, that I received an email to report to Livingston to continue the process.

38 minutes ago, Ljay said:

Just want to update, that I received an email to report to Livingston to continue the process.

Wow! Congrats man,good luck with the process. As for me I've call and emailed everyone like every two weeks still no response. Smh..

22 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

... As for me I've call and emailed everyone like every two weeks still no response. Smh..

@MTA MAC, I just sent you a Private Message (PM) in regards to this. If you can please send me a reply, I would truly appreciate it.

On 5/20/2021 at 6:17 AM, Flatbush Operator said:

Most likely your friend will have to contact Zerega since they still belong to Zerega. They will not have to redo the training certification process, but instead they will have to attend to Zerega for two days for a refresher behind the wheel on the road with a group of other operators who have been out of work due to Workers Compensation or illness. After the refresher, they will continue their probation period. 

thank you, do you know if she will be able to return to the original depot that she picked?