Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
+Young+

B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+

Attention Folks:

The list for this exam has been published as of October 17th, 2018. To view your list number, click here and type either "7612" or your last name in the search box on the top right followed by "enter" to view your results.

In addition, here is the Notice of Examination for this specific exam in case anyone needs this for future reference.

Good luck and please do not forget to keep us posted!!

Message added by +Young+

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

Interstate (No K restriction). If you're not looking to work in Staten Island, then you can apply for the Medical Certificate Exemption. (A3 restriction)

Even if you decide to go for a medical certificate, those examinations are very basic and simple. If you need help finding a certified physician, click here. Just note that most places accept cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I have the Non-Excepted Interstate on my CDL C. All you gotta do is keep a medical card current every two years by seeing your federally-certified medical examiner, which could very well be your PCP for all we know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question. And redirect it if it needs to be. But let's say you done medical and drug test, but for the other exams, would it count towards this one? Or would you have to do it all over again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"This is the MTA notifying you that we have mailed you a letter to report for employment processing for Bus Operator, Exam no. 7612. Please refer to your letter for your scheduled reporting date. If you do not receive your letter by Tuesday, November 10, please call us at 347-643-7149 to confirm your appointment. Please note that you will be required to have a valid CDL permit with passenger endorsement when you report and if you do not have one, you will not be permitted to proceed in the process at this time. Thank you."

Just got this email, followed by a phone call from the MTA, so they started calling. My list number is 4XX. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DLovo313 said:

"This is the MTA notifying you that we have mailed you a letter to report for employment processing for Bus Operator, Exam no. 7612. Please refer to your letter for your scheduled reporting date. If you do not receive your letter by Tuesday, November 10, please call us at 347-643-7149 to confirm your appointment. Please note that you will be required to have a valid CDL permit with passenger endorsement when you report and if you do not have one, you will not be permitted to proceed in the process at this time. Thank you."

Just got this email, followed by a phone call from the MTA, so they started calling. My list number is 4XX. 

Just received mine too. List # 9x.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sb1914 said:

Question. And redirect it if it needs to be. But let's say you done medical and drug test, but for the other exams, would it count towards this one? Or would you have to do it all over again

Drug tests are valid for 30 calendar days; medical examinations are valid for 90 calendar days. Therefore, if it's within this time frame - probably. If not, then it won't be valid.

18 minutes ago, DLovo313 said:

"This is the MTA notifying you that we have mailed you a letter to report for employment processing for Bus Operator, Exam no. 7612. Please refer to your letter for your scheduled reporting date. If you do not receive your letter by Tuesday, November 10, please call us at 347-643-7149 to confirm your appointment. Please note that you will be required to have a valid CDL permit with passenger endorsement when you report and if you do not have one, you will not be permitted to proceed in the process at this time. Thank you."

Just got this email, followed by a phone call from the MTA, so they started calling. My list number is 4XX. 

Good for you!!

2 minutes ago, U4real said:

Just received mine too. List # 9x.

Good for you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DLovo313 said:

Just got this email, followed by a phone call from the MTA, so they started calling. My list number is 4XX. 

 

15 minutes ago, U4real said:

Just received mine too. List # 9x.

According to this site, if you type "07612" in the search box on the top right, and if you put the list numbers in descending order, everyone whose list number is 1463 or lower is certified, which, according to this website, means that "The Civil Service List or portion of the Civil Service List officially sent to City agencies and from which they can hire." Therefore, if you haven't started already, make sure to get those permits and keep your abstracts clean!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all. I just got the email, text and automated phone call about reporting when I receive the letter. I'm currently doing contract work in Nashville. I wanted to know if there was a way I can defer it until I get back in 2 months. Thanks and congrats to those who made it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trigger said:

Does this mean they will not certify the higher list numbers? Or will they ? My list number is in 1500s

Kinda stressing now..

They will, when they're ready to process more candidates. It will probably and most likely be during 2019.

55 minutes ago, bigadmin4ever said:

Hello all. I just got the email, text and automated phone call about reporting when I receive the letter. I'm currently doing contract work in Nashville. I wanted to know if there was a way I can defer it until I get back in 2 months. Thanks and congrats to those who made it. 

All you have to do is nothing. When you're ready, you first have to restore your name to the list via DCAS. This fastest way to do this is to send them an email, which can be viewed here. Next, you will have to wait for NYC Transit to send you another letter in the mail. What's good is that your list number remains the same, so you'll probably be processed first before the other candidates who will have a higher list number than yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received a pre emplyment package. I was wondering if I decline this appointment, will my name still be on the list for the next group that gets called?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 3:26 PM, Db24 said:

I just got the letter as well but tomorrow is the 10th not Tuesday lol

Seems to be a typo, they probably meant Tuesday November 20th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 6:51 PM, Fkremen said:

I just received a pre emplyment package. I was wondering if I decline this appointment, will my name still be on the list for the next group that gets called?

You can decline up to two times .. third time you decline then your name will be completely removed from the list. At least that's what I've been told by a fellow Transit worker. 

There's a catch tho if you decline now.. they would have to finish the list entirely before it expires and if they still need to fill vacancies then they will reach out a second time around to those who declined the first time. Same goes for the third attempt. 

When were they asking you to report for premployment?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MaxFever said:

You can decline up to two times .. third time you decline then your name will be completely removed from the list. At least that's what I've been told by a fellow Transit worker. 

There's a catch tho if you decline now.. they would have to finish the list entirely before it expires and if they still need to fill vacancies then they will reach out a second time around to those who declined the first time. Same goes for the third attempt.

What? I agree with the first part of the quote but the second part...where did you hear that? I've been keeping a close eye on some of the threads, including Track Worker 3600 and although they haven't finished that entire list, which consists of about 12,500 names, I know some people have restored their name to the list and were able to get in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, +Young+ said:

What? I agree with the first part of the quote but the second part...where did you hear that? I've been keeping a close eye on some of the threads, including Track Worker 3600 and although they haven't finished that entire list, which consists of about 12,500 names, I know some people have restored their name to the list and were able to get in.

Believe it or not, I actually have evidence to prove my point:

If you click here, I would encourage you to type in "03600" in the search box on the top right. Once you get that, you'll see the list of Track Worker candidates that they requested back on June 8th of this year. If you compare the "list number," which is the second column from the left, with the "certification sequence number" which is the 9th column from the left, you'll see that for the certification sequence numbers from 1 to 50, the list numbers range from 2767 to 292. Therefore, if I had to take an educated guess, the people towards the top of the page had their list numbers reinstated, and, as a result, their list number stayed the same, which means that they got priority before those who had a lower list number including me since my list number for that exam was in the 2800's.

In addition, if you click on the same link from scratch and if you type in "04600" in the search box, you'll see that for the list certification numbers 2 to 50, their list numbers range from 3805 to 385. Therefore, just like with the previous list, I wouldn't be surprised if the people towards the top of that page also had their list numbers reinstated, and as a result of their list numbers staying the same, they got first priority before those who had a higher list number.

Therefore, what do you folks think?

Edited by +Young+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, +Young+ said:

What? I agree with the first part of the quote but the second part...where did you hear that? I've been keeping a close eye on some of the threads, including Track Worker 3600 and although they haven't finished that entire list, which consists of about 12,500 names, I know some people have restored their name to the list and were able to get in.

Hey Young, that's what I was told. I wasn't looking to start an argument.

Now your theory with the certificate sequence number .. I personally have two different certificate sequence numbers for exam 7612 but I have yet to receive a single pre-employment letter.. what does that mean for me ? I was already taken into consideration once and not picked ?

 

Also a friend of mine only received one pre-employment letter for exam 3600 but he has about four different certificate sequence numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fkremen said:

@MaxFever they were asking me to report on the 26th of November 

When did you get the letter ?

It's really odd how they operate, my list number is in the 130's and i didnt get anything yet. Meanwhile you said your list number is in 470's and you got a letter. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MaxFever said:

When did you get the letter ?

It's really odd how they operate, my list number is in the 130's and i didnt get anything yet. Meanwhile you said your list number is in 470's and you got a letter. 

 

It is weird how they skip around. It can be discouraging at times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MaxFever said:

Hey Young, that's what I was told. I wasn't looking to start an argument.

Now your theory with the certificate sequence number .. I personally have two different certificate sequence numbers for exam 7612 but I have yet to receive a single pre-employment letter.. what does that mean for me ? I was already taken into consideration once and not picked ?

Also a friend of mine only received one pre-employment letter for exam 3600 but he has about four different certificate sequence numbers. 

I was playing around with the NYC Open Data List Certification website and this is the story:

Back on November 7th, they have Certified the remainder of the B/O 4600 list. As a result, the person who has a list number of 8,221 has a certification sequence number of 736. Next, the person who has a list number of '1' for Bus Operator Exam 7612 has a certification sequence number of 737. If you keep clicking "next" towards the bottom, this continues up until list number 1463 who has a certification sequence number of 2,199.

Therefore, as long as your certification sequence numbers are getting lower, I wouldn't worry. When they're ready to process the "next" batch of candidates, your certification sequence number should be even smaller, and, as a result, they'll mail you a letter inviting you to come down for pre-employment processing. Keep in mind though that if someone from the B/O 4600 list restores their name to the list, or if someone whose list number is lowers than yours restores their name to the B/O 7612 list, they will have first priority, as I already described.

The list for Bus Operator 4600 doesn't expire until January 6th of 2020, so I wouldn't be surprised if this continues to happen for the next year to 13 1/2 months.

Something similar happened for me for some of the other lists that I'm on, such as Track Worker. My first certification sequence number for that was in the 1800's, followed by the 1200's, followed by the 700's, followed by the 100's before I received something in the mail for that particular list.

3 hours ago, MaxFever said:

When did you get the letter ?

It's really odd how they operate, my list number is in the 130's and i didnt get anything yet. Meanwhile you said your list number is in 470's and you got a letter.

I would do two things: Call Ms. Rivera and stay on top of it. What's good is that they just started calling people from this list, so hopefully whatever your problem is, it can be rectified sooner rather than later.

3 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

It is weird how they skip around. It can be discouraging at times. 

I agree, however it shouldn't happen. There are rules and they should follow them, just like with the other city agencies.

Edited by +Young+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.