B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

5 hours ago, +Young+ said:

I was playing around with the NYC Open Data List Certification website and this is the story:

Back on November 7th, they have Certified the remainder of the B/O 4600 list. As a result, the person who has a list number of 8,221 has a certification sequence number of 736. Next, the person who has a list number of '1' for Bus Operator Exam 7612 has a certification sequence number of 737. If you keep clicking "next" towards the bottom, this continues up until list number 1463 who has a certification sequence number of 2,199.

Therefore, as long as your certification sequence numbers are getting lower, I wouldn't worry. When they're ready to process the "next" batch of candidates, your certification sequence number should be even smaller, and, as a result, they'll mail you a letter inviting you to come down for pre-employment processing. Keep in mind though that if someone from the B/O 4600 list restores their name to the list, or if someone whose list number is lowers than yours restores their name to the B/O 7612 list, they will have first priority, as I already described.

The list for Bus Operator 4600 doesn't expire until January 6th of 2020, so I wouldn't be surprised if this continues to happen for the next year to 13 1/2 months.

Something similar happened for me for some of the other lists that I'm on, such as Track Worker. My first certification sequence number for that was in the 1800's, followed by the 1200's, followed by the 700's, followed by the 100's before I received something in the mail for that particular list.

I would do two things: Call Ms. Rivera and stay on top of it. What's good is that they just started calling people from this list, so hopefully whatever your problem is, it can be rectified sooner rather than later.

I agree, however it shouldn't happen. There are rules and they should follow them, just like with the other city agencies.

8 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

It is weird how they skip around. It can be discouraging at times. 

If they skipped you, you should call, or go to 180 Livingston. Let them know your list number, and that you didn’t get a letter to report, for pre employment. Though they have, called people with higher list numbers.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, U4real said:

If they skipped you, you should call, or go to 180 Livingston. Let them know your list number, and that you didn’t get a letter to report, for pre-employment. Though they have, called people with higher list numbers.

I agree, however, for most folks who have to work Monday thru Friday, it'll probably be easier to call compared to going down.

In the event you need it, the main phone numbers for their Human Resources Department are (347) 643 8229/30/31/32.

11 minutes ago, Greg1029 said:

Do I have to take the general knowledge to take the passenger endorsement? Or am I able to just take passenger endorsement for now?

Yes, you need all three.. general knowledge, passenger & air brakes. Even if you pass air brakes and passenger, they won't give you your permit until you pass general knowledge.

How long have you guys been waiting? I have to report next week to 180 livingston.....i was wondering how long will it take to get called back after i go in...i already have my CDL class b with passenger endorsement

6 minutes ago, Db24 said:

How long have you guys been waiting? I have to report next week to 180 livingston.....i was wondering how long will it take to get called back after i go in...i already have my CDL class b with passenger endorsement

When did you get your letter ? I just got an email and voicemail on Friday stating that they mail a letter to me and that I should have it by today. 

8 minutes ago, Boom7180 said:

I also received the text and the phone call to look out for a letter, I tired calling the number to confirm but iam getting a busy tone all day. Still no letter in the mail , keep a positive mind ! 

Check your mail. I just got the letter 

1 hour ago, Db24 said:

Hey...I'm going to dmv on Thurs after work...I just have to take the passenger test for right now? Not the general knowledge or air brakes? My appointment for Livingston st. is on Monday

17 minutes ago, Greg1029 said:

Hey...I'm going to dmv on Thurs after work...I just have to take the passenger test for right now? Not the general knowledge or air brakes? My appointment for Livingston st. is on Monday

You need to have all 3. You will need General knowledge and airbrakes for CDL B with a  passenger endorsement 

2 hours ago, Db24 said:

Well not that long honestly. I have to report on the 26th. But the medical and drug test was a few weeks ago from another. 

Edited by Sb1914

1 hour ago, Sirjin said:

You need to have all 3. You will need General knowledge and airbrakes for CDL B with a  passenger endorsement 

But on the letter I received it says just passenger endorsement...I understand I'm going to need all 3 obviously but for the 1st step at Livingston st. I was wondering if I just need passenger for Monday

This whole premployment process is being rushed and mistakes are being made on Transit's end,  such as the text, email and phone call message stating that some of us were supposed to get our premployment letters prior to Tuesday November 10th (which is not correct since Tuesday is the 13th). I originally thought maybe they meant Tuesday the 20th since that's closer to being a typo.