B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

1 hour ago, Fkremen said:

Went down to livingston for pre-employment today. Does anyone know how long it takes before they call back for medical?

It can take anywhere from 3-90 days.  However, MTA has a reputation of longer than normal wait times. As a result, many have to take the urine more than once.  If you guys passed the urine test, you should hear back soon. I think the next training class is April 1.

Edited by msmcmillan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

It can take anywhere from 3-90 days.  However, MTA has a reputation of longer than normal wait times. As a result, many have to take the urine more than once.  If you guys passed the urine test, you should hear back soon. I think the next training class is April 1.

Tell me about it, this is my 3rd time taking the drug test smh

3 hours ago, Mikepro6 said:

Isn’t this for buses , what’s TA?

I think he works for MTA bus and he wants to switch to TA, which is NYCT buses. TA or NYCT buses is a civil service position which has better benefits and pay. MTA bus company is not civil service.

27 minutes ago, Fkremen said:

Went down for medical today, got put on hold for high blood pressure. Does anyone know how much time I have to get this corrected before application expires?

Did they tell you to go to a doctor for a note saying you're fine to drive? Im probably going to have the same problem. But I heard that you can get a doctors note and go back that same day. But I'm not sure.

31 minutes ago, Moody said:

Did they tell you to go to a doctor for a note saying you're fine to drive? Im probably going to have the same problem. But I heard that you can get a doctors note and go back that same day. But I'm not sure.

They told me I have to go to a doctor and get diagnosed. If the doctor puts me on meds I will have to get a sleep study done. If the doctor says I can get BP down with a change of diet, I can go in with a bit but still have to have blood pressure taken and be in compliance. 

17 minutes ago, Fkremen said:

They told me I have to go to a doctor and get diagnosed. If the doctor puts me on meds I will have to get a sleep study done. If the doctor says I can get BP down with a change of diet, I can go in with a bit but still have to have blood pressure taken and be in compliance. 

Good luck man. I'm probably going to have to do the sleep test. I guess it's a sleep apnea test. Don't know nothing about it.

On 3/28/2019 at 2:43 PM, Fkremen said:

Went down for medical today, got put on hold for high blood pressure. Does anyone know how much time I have to get this corrected before application expires?

The pre-employment paperwork is good for 90 calendar days. Worse comes to worse you'll just have to do the pre-employment paperwork over again.

On 3/28/2019 at 3:44 PM, Fkremen said:

As per their requirements, anything from 110/70 to 130/90 is normal. Therefore, if it's a "tad" on the high side, such as in the 130s or 140s, I would google "ways to lower blood pressure" and see what you can do. I know for me, if I know I'm going to have it taken, I sprinkle cinnamon on my food starting a few days before the physical or the visit to my PCP or my blood donation, and, most times, this does the trick.

Edited by +Young+
Additional information

57 minutes ago, Moussy said:

Just got a letter today for 4/4 pre employment again , my list number was 5xx, the first pre employment was 11/27.

Me too!! I’m going the 3rd. My number is 5**. 

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+
Identity purposes...

8 hours ago, Moussy said:

Just got a letter today for 4/4 pre employment again , my list number was 5xx, the first pre employment was 11/27.

MTA really need to stop stringing people along. This gets me upset. There are some people who have jobs, family, etc that can't keep this up.  

1 hour ago, msmcmillan said:

MTA really need to stop stringing people along. This gets me upset. There are some people who have jobs, family, etc that can't keep this up.  

I strongly agree with you, my job require me to have 2 weeks notice for a personal day, so now I will have to make a excuses to not going to work on that day, I feels bad for that, they could just send the letter weeks ealier

49 minutes ago, Moussy said:

I strongly agree with you, my job require me to have 2 weeks notice for a personal day, so now I will have to make a excuses to not going to work on that day, I feels bad for that, they could just send the letter weeks ealier

Seriously! I know you guys will disagree, but I would rather get a disqualified letter. At least I would where I stand with transit. I feel taking multiple urine tests and multiple pre-employment appointments will lead to so much frustration that most will give up on the whole process.

There are only so many times you can call out sick from a job before they fire you. Not to mention you have to have 10 extra days off from work for the training. 

It is worth it in the end for the great salary and benefits, but you might end up losing your job, and family because of it.