B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Bacardi23 said:

I have to go downtown Wednesday... Number 5xx... How long does it normally take for app and drug test? I went in Nov and it was 14 hrs....

That depends on how many others are going that day. When I went yesterday there wasnt even 200 people. The line went from the lobby up to bbqs door. Processing was fast.  Drug testing took longer than then paper work. 

13 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

MTA really need to stop stringing people along. This gets me upset. There are some people who have jobs, family, etc that can't keep this up.  

I got a notice to come in tomorrow but I can't call out of my job on such short notice. The letter is postmarked and dated 3/29. I couldn't, especially if I just got this letter Monday. I'm also 5XX in list numbers. I'll have to come in another day. Too much paperwork to redo!

2 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

I got a notice to come in tomorrow but I can't call out of my job on such short notice. The letter is postmarked and dated 3/29. I couldn't, especially if I just got this letter Monday. I'm also 5XX in list numbers. I'll have to come in another day. Too much paperwork to redo!

One of the things I personally do is run off a copy of everything. This way, in the event you're called back 90+ days later, when the pre-employment paperwork expires, you just have to copy everything over, providing you're with the same employer. Also, this will come in very handy when you fill out the 21-page CPD-B booklet since everything has to match. If not, you will get grilled in final processing (trust me).

3 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

One of the things I personally do is run off a copy of everything. This way, in the event you're called back 90+ days later, when the pre-employment paperwork expires, you just have to copy everything over, providing you're with the same employer. Also, this will come in very handy when you fill out the 21-page CPD-B booklet since everything has to match. If not, you will get grilled in final processing (trust me).

Yeah. It's a lot of writing I don't want to mess up so I guess I will do just that

58 minutes ago, SoSpectacular said:

Yeah. It's a lot of writing I don't want to mess up so I guess I will do just that

I had to rewrite my application again. They can give you back the old one to copy. They had my old application and I copied and redated or fix something. Plus they'll go over the dates to help you catch anything wrong. But you have to make sure they're good.

Edited by Moody

3 minutes ago, SoSpectacular said:

Yeah, I called up yesterday and now I'm on for Monday. I hope they don't keep me for 11 hours like last time.

I don't know what time they open, but you should go when they do. Try to be there at 7am.  It will cut down on some time. It also depends on how many pre-employments they have on Monday. In addition, you know paper work has to be flawless. 

Basically, early bird and tight paperwork is key!

1 hour ago, SoSpectacular said:

Yeah, I called up yesterday and now I'm on for Monday. I hope they don't keep me for 11 hours like last time.

1 hour ago, msmcmillan said:

I don't know what time they open, but you should go when they do. Try to be there at 7am.  It will cut down on some time. It also depends on how many pre-employments they have on Monday. In addition, you know paper work has to be flawless. 

I was there yesterday. Got in at 7:30 and was out by 2pm. Wasn’t bad at all. 

7 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

I think it's all about list #, the first time I went for pre employment I was the first 30 to be there and it end up I am the last 30 to do the drug test

Bring blue pens for the applications.  You're going to be dealing with counter 3. They're going to check for cdl, identifications etc. They're going to tell you to fill out the paper work and sign it but don't put any dates on it.  And they're going to tell you NOT TO FILL OUT THE PENSION PART. WHEN YOU GET TO PENSIONS PART STOP.

She will then tell you to move to the other part towards medical. They will call by your ticket.

The lady at the medical counter will call you up and give you instructions for the computer. It's a medical survey yes or no.  Then you go back to the counter. And then you will sit down and wait to be called in for medical.

This is for medical.

Edited by Moody

On 4/2/2019 at 1:34 PM, Josie said:

Hi, When I go to the DMV what type of CDL permit test should I take?  CDL with passenger and school bus endorsements or just CDL Passenger endorsement ? 

It would be wise to take both. If not, after you take the road test with a "P" endorsement, if you want the "S" endorsement, you have to take the same road test in the same vehicle again. On the other hand, if you initially get both endorsements, you just have to take one road test in a bus.

Edited by +Young+

10 hours ago, Deirdre0407 said:

I Start Monday!! So nervous and excited!! Good luck everyone! Thanks for all the info and updates and I hope to see you all on the road and rails soon😊

Good luck! Tell us how it goes!

I went in yesterday as expected after a slight mishap getting there but all went smooth afterwards. Just waiting on that call to come back!

On 2/25/2019 at 10:34 AM, R170 said:

I was on a medical hold. List number 3xx I got it resolved on feb 15th. Went to dcas on the 17th to restore my name. For some reason or another they missed me for the next class and told me I’d be one of the first ones called when they start again in July thru September. So frustrating but we will see what happens. Good luck everyone