B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

15 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

I went in for the medical April 11 and was quickly thrust into the 4/15 class after I was cleared.  I originally got called for the drug test back in November but did not get called back for the medical. I got another call to come in April 8 for another drug test. 

Did you have to take a Boss Survey? I just got an email to report May 1st 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already decline 15th and 29th class for personal reason, how many times i can decline for the training, i know they don't hold the position... last time i spoke to them and they advise call them again when ready, but the phone number they provide is always busy..

4 hours ago, cwing813 said:

I already decline 15th and 29th class for personal reason, how many times i can decline for the training, i know they don't hold the position... last time i spoke to them and they advise call them again when ready, but the phone number they provide is always busy..

According to the rules and regulations of the City of New York, you can restore your name to the list for a maximum of three times. Therefore, since they did advise to call them again, that's what I would do before going back to DCAS to restore your name to the list. I know it's a big headache, however, as we all know, in the end, it's worth it...

Edited by +Young+

On 4/19/2019 at 3:45 PM, +Young+ said:

According to the rules and regulations of the City of New York, you can restore your name to the list for a maximum of three times. Therefore, since they did advise to call them again, that's what I would do before going back to DCAS to restore your name to the list. I know it's a big headache, however, as we all know, in the end, it's worth it...

Hey sorry to double post, but do you have any more example questions from the boss aside the ones posted in the 4600 thread? I took the boss and passed it twice and I’m even more nervous because this is my next step. 

3 hours ago, BusOperator0913 said:

Hey sorry to double post, but do you have any more example questions from the boss aside the ones posted in the 4600 thread? I took the boss and passed it twice and I’m even more nervous because this is my next step. 

First of all, don't worry about double posting. Myself, you, the other staff members and everybody else are all human beings - we're not 100% perfect.

Second, as you referenced, I posted eleven [11] BOSS sample questions here. Since we do have anonymous guests on the site, including those from 180 Livingston Street and 2 Broadway, I would encourage you to use those BOSS 'sample' questions as a starter. After all, you passed it twice, so you probably know what you're doing.

By the way, I sent you a Private Message (PM)...

Edited by +Young+

43 minutes ago, Bacardi23 said:

I was put on medical hold till I fix this sleep apnea thing.. I have to wait till the 30 days of testing before I can go back and finish my paper work? Any had this?

Yes I did. You have to use your machine for at least 4 hours a night for 30 days straight. Once you complete it bring them the results. I got off my hold in February.  Still waiting to start 

49 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Hey guys how's it going? I have a question.....how is the training? Where do you do the qualification for Bus Operator to pass on day 7....which borough is the qualification held?

49 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Hey guys how's it going? I have a question.....how is the training? Where do you do the qualification for Bus Operator to pass on day 7....which borough is the qualification held?

U drive from midtown to downtown

1 hour ago, train1290 said:

1 hour ago, train1290 said:

No idea on day 7, but was sure it wont be manhanttan, may be someplace around your training depot

4 hours ago, Deirdre0407 said:

I Qualified for day 7!! How about you?

Congrats!! Any advice?

4 hours ago, train1290 said:

To make a long story short, it's up to the instructor. A little over five years ago, when I attempted the 10-day training session out of the Flatbush Depot, Day 7 was held in the Bronx since that gave the instructor time to file our sheets from Days 1 to 6 at Zerega without doing any pre-trip inspections. In addition, from reading another post at one point or another in my lifetime, another instructor, who was out of a Bronx depot, made the students do a complete pre-trip, followed by driving on the local streets and the highway for one exit.

Now here's my question: For those who have the CDL who do not have to take a road test, if your driving, backing up, parallel parking, etc. are 100%, but you screw up on your Day 7 pre-trip, they will still send you to Day 9? IMHO, that's discrimination, however, compared to this incident, I have no proof, therefore...

3 hours ago, Moussy said:

U drive from midtown to downtown

Day 7 is up to the Instructor...here is the route for Day 6.

Edited by +Young+

10 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Congrats!! Any advice?

To make a long story short, it's up to the instructor. A little over five years ago, when I attempted the 10-day training session out of the Flatbush Depot, Day 7 was held in the Bronx since that gave the instructor time to file our sheets from Days 1 to 6 at Zerega without doing any pre-trip inspections. In addition, from reading another post at one point or another in my lifetime, another instructor, who was out of a Bronx depot, made the students do a complete pre-trip, followed by driving on the local streets and the highway for one exit.

Now here's my question: For those who have the CDL who do not have to take a road test, if your driving, backing up, parallel parking, etc. are 100%, but you screw up on your Day 7 pre-trip, they will still send you to Day 9? IMHO, that's discrimination, however, compared to this incident, I have no proof, therefore...

Day 7 is up to the Instructor...here is the route for Day 6.

I'm sorry you had to go through this Young, You are very humble and I really hope you get over on this side NYCT as a Bus operator very soon.

I believe Day 6 route has been modify a little bit, not sure the exact details, but I heard they made a slightly change on the tour.

Anyone from the recent classes can confirm this?.....

Edited by Flatbush SBS Duece
spelling