B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Thank you @Flatbush SBS Duece...

There has been a slight changes with the training process and Superintendents. Some of the new sets has been more teaching friendly instead being rough and tough. After certain amount of years, they rotate the instructors where some gets promoted to a higher position such as "Accident Investigator", or "General Superintendent" for depot operations or road operations. Right now at Flatbush Depot, the new General Superintendent Transportation was a 19A Superintendent Instructor for the 10 day training.  I know another Superintendent that use to do the 7-10 day training recently got promoted to Assistance General Superintendent  for road operations, which is a higher rank from the previous position held. So I believe things are becoming less rough and more teaching with a few of the new instructors they have in place.

Edited by Flatbush SBS Duece

4 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

I'm sorry you had to go through this Young, You are very humble and I really hope you get over on this side NYCT as a Bus operator very soon.

I believe Day 6 route has been modify a little bit, not sure the exact details, but I heard they made a slightly change on the tour.

Anyone from the recent classes can confirm this?.....

Our instructor took each of us along different paths for Day 6. We didn't follow the same course except for a few turns. 

Because of my slight slip up yesterday though, couldn't qualify today. Day 8 and 9 for me automatically. Did so well today too!

39 minutes ago, SoSpectacular said:

Our instructor took each of us along different paths for Day 6. We didn't follow the same course except for a few turns. 

Because of my slight slip up yesterday though, couldn't qualify today. Day 8 and 9 for me automatically. Did so well today too!

Oh okay I see.... Don't worry you should be able to nail it on day 9. Day 9 should be easy since it will be uptown Manhattan. 

36 minutes ago, train1290 said:

What makes Manhattan much easier compared to the other boroughs?

Okay let me rephrase that, Manhattan is not easier compared to other boroughs. The reason I stated that Day 9 should be easier, its because on Day 5 the students are taken to uptown Manhattan and Day 9 will be in the upper Manhattan location.  

3 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Okay let me rephrase that, Manhattan is not easier compared to other boroughs. The reason I stated that Day 9 should be easier, its because on Day 5 the students are taken to uptown Manhattan and Day 9 will be in the upper Manhattan location.  

Manhattan is TOO stressful.... I'm still not sure where day 7 (qualification day) is conducted/held?

6 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Manhattan is TOO stressful.... I'm still not sure where day 7 (qualification day) is conducted/held?

It's up to the Instructor. Chances are that it will not be in Manhattan, however, it's all up to the instructor.

Edited by +Young+

Good Morning folks. Good luck to you all that will be tested on Day 9. If you need help and you're going to day 10?... You can always contact me by private messaging me and we can meet up on Saturday while I'm on duty on the B41 ((Most interactive line in Brooklyn)) just to show a few things you are struggling with. 

5 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Good Morning folks. Good luck to you all that will be tested on Day 9. If you need help and you're going to day 10?... You can always contact me by private messaging me and we can meet up on Saturday while I'm on duty on the B41 ((Most interactive line in Brooklyn)) just to show a few things you are struggling with. 

I just sent you a Private Message (PM)...