Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
+Young+

B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 11/6/2019

The list for this exam has been published as of October 17th, 2018. To view your list number, click here and type either "7612" or your last name in the search box on the top right followed by "enter" to view your results.

In addition, here is the Notice of Examination for this specific exam in case anyone needs this for future reference.

PAY: $23.84 to start, raises to $34.06

TRAINING: See this thread for more information.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1700s); For Medical: (Last Known - 14xx)

NEXT SCHEDULED CLASS: November 25th

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Good luck!!

Message added by +Young+

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

I'm sorry you had to go through this Young, You are very humble and I really hope you get over on this side NYCT as bus operator very soon.

Thank you @Flatbush SBS Duece...I appreciate those kind words...

Edited by +Young+

Yesterday April 23, 2019 was Day 6 and Today April 24, 2019 is day 7.  Both Day 8 and 9 are usually a Thursday and Friday and they give the weekend off and returned back to Zerega on Monday for Day 10. Depending on the week and weather condition are subject to change.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Thank you @Flatbush SBS Duece...

There has been a slight changes with the training process and Superintendents. Some of the new sets has been more teaching friendly instead being rough and tough. After certain amount of years, they rotate the instructors where some gets promoted to a higher position such as "Accident Investigator", or "General Superintendent" for depot operations or road operations. Right now at Flatbush Depot, the new General Superintendent Transportation was a 19A Superintendent Instructor for the 10 day training.  I know another Superintendent that use to do the 7-10 day training recently got promoted to Assistance General Superintendent  for road operations, which is a higher rank from the previous position held. So I believe things are becoming less rough and more teaching with a few of the new instructors they have in place.

Edited by Flatbush SBS Duece

4 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

I'm sorry you had to go through this Young, You are very humble and I really hope you get over on this side NYCT as a Bus operator very soon.

I believe Day 6 route has been modify a little bit, not sure the exact details, but I heard they made a slightly change on the tour.

Anyone from the recent classes can confirm this?.....

Our instructor took each of us along different paths for Day 6. We didn't follow the same course except for a few turns. 

Because of my slight slip up yesterday though, couldn't qualify today. Day 8 and 9 for me automatically. Did so well today too!

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, SoSpectacular said:

Our instructor took each of us along different paths for Day 6. We didn't follow the same course except for a few turns. 

Because of my slight slip up yesterday though, couldn't qualify today. Day 8 and 9 for me automatically. Did so well today too!

Oh okay I see.... Don't worry you should be able to nail it on day 9. Day 9 should be easy since it will be uptown Manhattan. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Oh okay I see.... Don't worry you should be able to nail it on day 9. Day 9 should be easy since it will be uptown Manhattan. 

What makes Manhattan much easier compared to the other boroughs?

36 minutes ago, train1290 said:

What makes Manhattan much easier compared to the other boroughs?

Okay let me rephrase that, Manhattan is not easier compared to other boroughs. The reason I stated that Day 9 should be easier, its because on Day 5 the students are taken to uptown Manhattan and Day 9 will be in the upper Manhattan location.  

3 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Okay let me rephrase that, Manhattan is not easier compared to other boroughs. The reason I stated that Day 9 should be easier, its because on Day 5 the students are taken to uptown Manhattan and Day 9 will be in the upper Manhattan location.  

Manhattan is TOO stressful.... I'm still not sure where day 7 (qualification day) is conducted/held?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Manhattan is TOO stressful.... I'm still not sure where day 7 (qualification day) is conducted/held?

It's up to the Instructor. Chances are that it will not be in Manhattan, however, it's all up to the instructor.

Edited by +Young+

3 hours ago, train1290 said:

Day 7 is at the discretion of your Superintendent. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Class 4/15/2019 actually is quite lucky since school close for 2 week for Easter and Jewish holiday , so everywhere  is quiet than usual.

11 hours ago, Moussy said:

Class 4/15/2019 actually is quite lucky since school close for 2 week for Easter and Jewish holiday , so everywhere  is quiet than usual.

So true! The MTA Gods were smiling down on us!

1 hour ago, Deirdre0407 said:

So true! The MTA Gods were smiling down on us!

You drive good today, I was in the same bus with you lol

2 minutes ago, Moussy said:

You drive good today, I was in the same bus with you lol

Thanks!!

15 hours ago, Deirdre0407 said:

Day 7 is at the discretion of your Superintendent. 

This is true. We stayed mainly along the B13 route. Some real nasty turns along the way. That's what I call a proving ground loool 

9 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

This is true. We stayed mainly along the B13 route. Some real nasty turns along the way. That's what I call a proving ground loool 

Good luck bro, u can do it, we will see u at Jamaica on monday!

• Thumbs Up 1

Good Morning folks. Good luck to you all that will be tested on Day 9. If you need help and you're going to day 10?... You can always contact me by private messaging me and we can meet up on Saturday while I'm on duty on the B41 ((Most interactive line in Brooklyn)) just to show a few things you are struggling with. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Good Morning folks. Good luck to you all that will be tested on Day 9. If you need help and you're going to day 10?... You can always contact me by private messaging me and we can meet up on Saturday while I'm on duty on the B41 ((Most interactive line in Brooklyn)) just to show a few things you are struggling with. 

I just sent you a Private Message (PM)...

9 hours ago, Moussy said:

Good luck bro, u can do it, we will see u at Jamaica on monday!

I will be seeing you guys on Monday for equipment training! On a side note, I don't have to travel out too far now! So I'm very pleased!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SoSpectacular said:

I will be seeing you guys on Monday for equipment training! On a side note, I don't have to travel out too far now! So I'm very pleased!

Congratulations🎊👏🙏

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SoSpectacular said:

NICE!

see you Monday man

• Thumbs Up 1

I been seeing a lot of people getting calls and going through the process .. happy for you guys my number is 12XX can’t anyone kind of give me a sense of direction or idea on when i can expect a call... seems like a forever wait