B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

1 hour ago, Bsalick1992 said:

I been seeing a lot of people getting calls and going through the process .. happy for you guys my number is 12XX can’t anyone kind of give me a sense of direction or idea on when i can expect a call... seems like a forever wait

A majority of us that were in the 4/15 class had list numbers in the 500s and whoever they pulled from the previous exam so your time should be coming relatively soon. Just hold on in there man

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

I will be seeing you guys on Monday for equipment training! On a side note, I don't have to travel out too far now! So I'm very pleased!

Great news! Congratulations!! We’ll be Permit training Monday at Eastchester. Day 2. Hoping to get road tested later in the week. Study the pre trip! BbSAL, BBS, Triple S-U.  U can’t advance without passing that part of the road test. It’s a lot to know. See you soon 😊

1 hour ago, Deirdre0407 said:

Great news! Congratulations!! We’ll be Permit training Monday at Eastchester. Day 2. Hoping to get road tested later in the week. Study the pre trip! BbSAL, BBS, Triple S-U.  U can’t advance without passing that part of the road test. It’s a lot to know. See you soon 😊

Road test? You mean to get you CDL class B license?

43 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Road test? You mean to get you CDL class B license?

Yes you can't drive without an actual Class B commercial license. 

The hardest part about it is knowing what and where you're looking at when doing the pre-trip. I've got the exterior and interior parts down pat including the air brake test. I'm hoping I don't have to do the engine compartment but I'll have to keep looking at the important parts around the engine more to learn this

3 minutes ago, SoSpectacular said:

Yes you can't drive without an actual Class B commercial license. 

The hardest part about it is knowing what and where you're looking at when doing the pre-trip. I've got the exterior and interior parts down pat including the air brake test. I'm hoping I don't have to do the engine compartment but I'll have to keep looking at the important parts around the engine more to learn this

That's why I want to get my CDL on my own....it will be ONE less thing to worry about after passing the training. Do you have to do the pre-trip "pointing and describing" things out during 1-7 training days?

My number was 5xx and got first call at Nov 2018 for pre employ, and call for second pre employ again at April 5 2019, then got call for medical after a week and start training 3 days after medical. And for Apr 15 , 2019 training class start at about 70 student so I guess they called 100 people. And so far for day 7, about 33 passed, another 12 pass on day9. And the next class start next Monday 4/29

That's all I know hope that help, for your list number really no idea how much longer but wish you luck!

17 minutes ago, train1290 said:

That's why I want to get my CDL on my own....it will be ONE less thing to worry about after passing the training. Do you have to do the pre-trip "pointing and describing" things out during 1-7 training days?

It based on instructor, some push it some really not

8 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

I will be seeing you guys on Monday for equipment training! On a side note, I don't have to travel out too far now! So I'm very pleased!

Congrats!! Offhand, was the route for Day 9 the same as in these posts (5399 & 5400) or did they change it?

3 hours ago, Deirdre0407 said:

BbSAL? BBS? Triple S-U? Can you please elaborate? They all sound very interesting...

1 hour ago, train1290 said:

From what I recall over 5 years ago, the instructor showed you everything on day one, they make you do it on Day 4, and, as in the last post, some instructors 'push' it on Day 7, other's don't.

Even for @Mr NewFlyer, when he told me about his experience from this past October out of the JFK Depot, the instructor gave him two chances on Days 6 and 7 to do it 100% to determine if the student was going to qualify or be sent to Days 8 & 9.

Edited by +Young+

36 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Congrats!! Offhand, was the route for Day 9 the same as in these posts (5399 & 5400) or did they change it?

BbSAL? BBS? Triple S-U? Can you please elaborate? They all sound very interesting...

From what I recall over 5 years ago, the instructor showed you everything on day one, they make you do it on Day 4, and, as in the last post, some instructors 'push' it on Day 7, other's don't.

Even for @Mr NewFlyer, when he told me about his experience from this past October out of the JFK Depot, the instructor gave him two chances on Days 6 and 7 to do it 100% to determine if the student was going to qualify or be sent to Days 8 & 9.

What happened with Mr NewFlyer?

11 hours ago, train1290 said:

You should learn the exterior and interior pre-trip on Day 1 and practice it until about Day 4 or so. We got handouts for the engine compartment and the area within the front wheel wells. The ALSAPS (air brake test) is a MUST.

10 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Yeah, the route was more or less the same.

13 minutes ago, train1290 said:

What's 19-A certified?

It's requirement from government. 

At the day 7 you will be give a booklet to answer about 15 question, those are CDL question about safety operation of commercial vehicles, it's a part of the 19A certification. 

Search 19A certification  in Google, u will know every detail about it.

• Harry featured this topic
10 minutes ago, BusOperator0913 said:

I have 19 a certification from my previous job. Does it carry over or would I have to requalify myself 

Requalified........ When you're hired with MTA as an operator with a CDL, every birthday calendar year you will have to be re-certified for 19a.

The depot general dispatcher will give you a memo a month ahead when you have to go get re-certified. The two location is at Zerega or Spring creek depot. On the day you attend for 19a re-certification, you will be out of customer passenger service and attend a class and watch videos and etc. At the end of the day you will go on the road with a 19a Dispatcher to make sure you are driving the way you suppose to drive the bus and take a 25 multiple questions DMV test at MTA.  

31 minutes ago, New2this said:

Do we have to report parking tickets and/or Turning right on red ticket-(by street camera)? If none are pending. 

You only have to report any pending moving violation tickets, such as the ones that get you points or your license suspended. Camera tickets are a gray area because those go to whoever owns the car and not the driver so they don't really go on your abstract. If they're not pending, then you're good. I didn't have to mention a ticket I got back in May 2017 because it was already taken care of by the time I got to pre-employment.

I got a question when I put my first and last name on the website you have  above my information and results  came up but there is a part that saying some about  anniversary  In 2022 what doe means ? 

3 hours ago, Gavin said:

I got a question when I put my first and last name on the website you have  above my information and results  came up but there is a part that saying some about  anniversary  In 2022 what doe means ? 

The 'anniversary' you are referring to is when the list is supposed to expire. Depending on the circumstances, such as if there are a lot of people on a certain list, they might extend the list by a year or two. However, with the fact that this list contains less than 3,000 names, I highly doubt that they're going to extend this list.

27 minutes ago, BusOperator0913 said:

I’m just curious, how long does it take to grade a boss exam and if the need for bus operators are high, can they rush results?

Are you talking about this exam no, (7612)? Because the list was published. Or about Bus Operator exam no. (9604)?