B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

8 minutes ago, New2this said:

So we got to pick depots today... only 3 depots in Brooklyn where available. My question is, what can I do to get transferred to a depot that I want?? And how would I know that the depot that I want has openings? 

First Congrats! 👏

What  3 depot was available and you can only request for a transfer to either Staten Island or Queens based on seniority order.

Edited by Flatbush SBS Duece
Error

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@New2this  The only time you can go to another TA/OA depot within  Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan is during the general system pick  which starts October - December  in seniority order through-out the bus operator system pool. 

If you want to go to a Queens or Staten Island depot, you have to see your union or depot Gen Supt Transportation  "aka The Boss" to fill out a request form for a transfer to Qns or SI depot. It will also be based on seniority order and when they're if an opening they will offer you.  

At the moment the depot you were able to pick to start off your probationary period will be your current home until you decide to pick out during the general system pick or a request transfer to the other two boroughs.  If you pick out, You will start to report to your new home in January.

Edited by Flatbush SBS Duece

1 hour ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

First Congrats! 👏

What  3 depot was available and you can only request for a transfer to either Staten Island or Queens based on seniority order.

Thank you.....East NY, Grand Ave, and Jackie Gleason

Edited by New2this

1 hour ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

@New2this  The only time you can go to another TA/OA depot within  Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan is during the general system pick  which starts October - December  in seniority order through-out the bus operator system pool. 

If you want to go to a Queens or Staten Island depot, you have to see your union or depot Gen Supt Transportation  "aka The Boss" to fill out a request form for a transfer to Qns or SI depot. It will also be based on seniority order and when they're if an opening they will offer you.  

At the moment the depot you were able to pick to start off your probationary period will be your current home until you decide to pick out during the general system pick or a request transfer to the other two boroughs.  If you pick out, You will start to report to your new home in January.

Thanks for the info... guess I have to wait until general system pick.

8 hours ago, BusOperator0913 said:

Is there a way I can see if there’s gonna be more classes? Still hopeful for this year at least 

It's just a matter of patience.

One of things I can recommend is to check out this website on a regular basis. Although I put my last name in the search box since I'm on multiple lists between NYC Transit & DCAS, you can always type "07612" in the search box on the top right followed by pressing "enter." If you see that the "Request Date" was recent, as in the last couple of days or within the past week, then you'll know that they sent out the next "batch" of letters in which they'll be an upcoming TA (not OA or BC) class soon.

We just need patience, that's all...

2 hours ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

What are the license requirements for this title. Can i have previous moving violations and suspensions

The license requirements can be found on page two of the Notice of Examination which can be viewed here and at the top of this thread.

As far as previous moving violations: You cannot have more than four [4] points and you can have two accidents max, whether you were at fault or not. As far as suspensions, DWI, DUI, etc., you will not be able to proceed if you have any of these on your abstract within the past three [3] years.

Offhand, are you unsure of what your abstract contains for the past three [3] years? If so, you can always run off your abstract online. Click here for more details.

In addition, as a result of this incident taking place, I compared the abstracts they run off with my own abstract which I obtained online, and it's the exact same information which is contained in the standard driving record, or abstract. You don't have to pay extra $$ to run off your CDL abstract or your lifetime driving abstract, unless you want to, respectively.

12 hours ago, +Young+ said:

The license requirements can be found on page two of the Notice of Examination which can be viewed here and at the top of this thread.

As far as previous moving violations: You cannot have more than four [4] points and you can have two accidents max, whether you were at fault or not. As far as suspensions, DWI, DUI, etc., you will not be able to proceed if you have any of these on your abstract within the past three [3] years.

Offhand, are you unsure of what your abstract contains for the past three [3] years? If so, you can always run off your abstract online. Click here for more details.

In addition, as a result of this incident taking place, I compared the abstracts they run off with my own abstract which I obtained online, and it's the exact same information which is contained in the standard driving record, or abstract. You don't have to pay extra $$ to run off your CDL abstract or your lifetime driving abstract, unless you want to, respectively.

Thanks for the information. However one question I have had one pre employment and I have continued on with the process (not disqualified). They will make me continue on and disqualify me at the end of everything? 

13 minutes ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

Thanks for the information. However one question I have had one pre employment and I have continued on with the process (not disqualified). They will make me continue on and disqualify me at the end of everything? 

Which exam is this for? Is it for this exam (Bus Operator, 7612) or a different exam such as Train Operator, 7604?

Chances are that if you've been down to Livingston Street once before, unless something happens between now and then, you will be permitted to continue with the process, providing there are still vacancies available.

In addition, if this question is for Train Operator, please post in the relevant thread as per the guidelines of the site.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Which exam is this for? Is it for this exam (Bus Operator, 7612) or a different exam such as Train Operator, 7604?

Chances are that if you've been down to Livingston Street once before, unless something happens between now and then, you will be permitted to continue with the process, providing there are still vacancies available.

In addition, if this question is for Train Operator, please post in the relevant thread as per the guidelines of the site.

Thank you.

O wow wrong thread thanks again

21 hours ago, +Young+ said:

What if your license was suspended for one day in the past two years, for a fine you paid late?

38 minutes ago, Dorrell Love said:

What if your license was suspended for one day in the past two years, for a fine you paid late?

37 minutes ago, Dorrell Love said:

Would that be an issue?

That would be an issue. Mind I ask what your list number is, without revealing the last digit or two? The reason why I'm asking is because, depending on your list number, and depending on when this specifically took place, things might work out for you as far as the timing is concerned.

Keep in mind also that for the next 7 months, those from the previous list, Bus Operator 4600, including myself, have priority since that list is not only older, but it expires this January, so this factor would actually be in your favor as well.

Edited by +Young+

10 hours ago, +Young+ said:

That would be an issue. Mind I ask what your list number is, without revealing the last digit or two? The reason why I'm asking is because, depending on your list number, and depending on when this specifically took place, things might work out for you as far as the timing is concerned.

Keep in mind also that for the next 7 months, those from the previous list, Bus Operator 4600, including myself, have priority since that list is not only older, but it expires this January, so this factor would actually be in your favor as well.

25××

Just now, Dorrell Love said:

25××

So wait let me get this correct, they will allow no more than 4 points, no more than two accidents and one suspension which is not related to a moving violation and not even suspended a full day, they would have an issue with? That's kind of weird or strange. 

2 minutes ago, Dorrell Love said:

So wait let me get this correct, they will allow no more than 4 points, no more than two accidents and one suspension which is not related to a moving violation and not even suspended a full day, they would have an issue with? That's kind of weird or strange. 

2 minutes ago, Dorrell Love said:

So if your license is clean of everything else but that one late payment caused your license to be suspended for a day, they would have a problem with that? 

1 hour ago, Dorrell Love said:

25××

So with this list number you have some time before they call you.

1 hour ago, Dorrell Love said:

So if your license is clean of everything else but that one late payment caused your license to be suspended for a day, they would have a problem with that? 

When you get to Livingston Street, they are going to run your abstract which you can do yourself here. If the suspension shows up on your abstract, and if it's less than 3 years old, they will have a problem. Between their drug test laboratory being "backed up" and people having issues with their licenses, I've seen a lot of people sit there all day for nothing when they should have been in-and-out, especially if they have a problem with their license.

Hey Folks:

If you check out the Civil Service List Certification page, you'll see that for Bus Operator 7612 (type "07612" in the search box on the top right, followed by "enter"), you'll see that this past Tuesday, May 28th, DCAS has certified the next "batch" of candidates from this list. Now the reason why I say "batch" is because, although, according to the website, they only have 300 vacancies to fill, they certified and/or requested over 2,000 names. So we'll see happens...

In addition, if any of you are wondering what my status is, after this incident took place, let me just say that, when I typed "04600" into that search box on the Civil Service List Certification page, I got screwed yet, again. Although I'm not going to go into details on this website which is open to anybody and everybody, in the long run, all of this is just making me "mentally" sick, especially since it's an all-day process to very simply take a drug test by peeing in a cup.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:10 PM, +Young+ said:

Hey Folks:

If you check out the Civil Service List Certification page, you'll see that for Bus Operator 7612 (type "07612" in the search box on the top right, followed by "enter"), you'll see that this past Tuesday, May 28th, DCAS has certified the next "batch" of candidates from this list. Now the reason why I say "batch" is because, although, according to the website, they only have 300 vacancies to fill, they certified and/or requested over 2,000 names. So we'll see happens...

In addition, if any of you are wondering what my status is, after this incident took place, let me just say that, when I typed "04600" into that search box on the Civil Service List Certification page, I got screwed yet, again. Although I'm not going to go into details on this website which is open to anybody and everybody, in the long run, all of this is just making me "mentally" sick, especially since it's an all-day process to very simply take a drug test by peeing in a cup.

Thank you for this update!!  I have made this list according to certification page, has anyone else who has made this most recent certified list received a letter to report for pre employment? I have not yet received anything  , also to anyone who has recently been to  initial training how many trainees are usually grouped together,  thank you in advance for any help 

9 minutes ago, jacknyc said:

...also to anyone who has recently been to  initial training how many trainees are usually grouped together,  thank you in advance for any help 

For day zero, which usually takes place on a Monday, unless it's a holiday, you'll be grouped together at Zerega. However, for the training for Days 1 to 9, it'll be four students and one instructor so each person gets adequate time behind the wheel.

In addition, I would strongly encourage you to read this thread, which not has good, but, in my opinion, invaluable information, especially for those just starting out.

5 hours ago, +Young+ said:

For day zero, which usually takes place on a Monday, unless it's a holiday, you'll be grouped together at Zerega. However, for the training for Days 1 to 9, it'll be four students and one instructor so each person gets adequate time behind the wheel.

In addition, I would strongly encourage you to read this thread, which not has good, but, in my opinion, invaluable information, especially for those just starting out.

Thank you for the info , and thanks for posting the added link it has a lot of good info