B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

You're welcome. Good luck and don't forget to keep us posted!!

So basically if it says 5/28/2019 we should be expecting a pre employment letter soon ..?? And also can anyone tell us what they look for in the medical examination part? Do they make you blow into anything like nyc corrections??

27 minutes ago, Bsalick1992 said:

So basically if it says 5/28/2019 we should be expecting a pre employment letter soon ..?? And also can anyone tell us what they look for in the medical examination part? Do they make you blow into anything like nyc corrections??

That's correct. As far as the medical exam is concerned, click here. Just be aware of sleep apnea.

Hope this helps.

5 hours ago, Bsalick1992 said:

The medical exam is pretty much a routine physical. First you'll have your vitals checked, blood pressure, heart beat. They'll tell you to take a few deep breaths. Then they'll have you pee in a cup again and they'll test your urine for any chemical imbalances. After that you'll do the EKG, vision and hearing test. Then it's back to the doctor who first saw you when you were called in.

If you get called in for your first pre-employment do they ask if you have pending tickets or is that after the medical.? reason being have date for ticket  June 27th 2019 and its very possible it will be dismissed. just was not sure if i would have to just pay it before. Still would have under 4 points. 

24 minutes ago, trigger said:

If you get called in for your first pre-employment do they ask if you have pending tickets or is that after the medical.? reason being have date for ticket  June 27th 2019 and its very possible it will be dismissed. just was not sure if i would have to just pay it before. Still would have under 4 points. 

I did my first pre employment in November and had to put on hold, but to answer your question they did a complete license check(pulled abstract) right there and then on first pre employment,  I believe with under 4 points you should still be ok 

Sounds like i will be put on hold no matter what because they have the rest of the list going in this month and only 300 vacancies.  I guess if i get a letter to come in before the court date I will just quickly pay the ticket so i can get the ball rolling with employment. I actually went and took road test with dmv so I have cdl bp. The ticket is a red light ticket. I do not think that is considered serious in NY. 

59 minutes ago, trigger said:

I actually went and took road test with dmv so I have cdl bp. The ticket is a red light ticket. I do not think that is considered serious in NY. 

Congrats on getting the CDL!! As long as the ticket is paid and you disclose it, you'll be fine.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:10 PM, +Young+ said:

Hey Folks:

If you check out the Civil Service List Certification page, you'll see that for Bus Operator 7612 (type "07612" in the search box on the top right, followed by "enter"), you'll see that this past Tuesday, May 28th, DCAS has certified the next "batch" of candidates from this list. Now the reason why I say "batch" is because, although, according to the website, they only have 300 vacancies to fill, they certified and/or requested over 2,000 names. So we'll see happens...

In addition, if any of you are wondering what my status is, after this incident took place, let me just say that, when I typed "04600" into that search box on the Civil Service List Certification page, I got screwed yet, again. Although I'm not going to go into details on this website which is open to anybody and everybody, in the long run, all of this is just making me "mentally" sick, especially since it's an all-day process to very simply take a drug test by peeing in a cup.

Hi, I went on the web site but I didn't see any updated Request date. My list number is 7** which I would have thought by now that I probably would have gotten another 90 days expiration pre-employment to come back in. Should I reach out to Ms. CHESNUT and ask? 

On 6/2/2019 at 2:21 AM, SoSpectacular said:

The medical exam is pretty much a routine physical. First you'll have your vitals checked, blood pressure, heart beat. They'll tell you to take a few deep breaths. Then they'll have you pee in a cup again and they'll test your urine for any chemical imbalances. After that you'll do the EKG, vision and hearing test. Then it's back to the doctor who first saw you when you were called in.

Is the vision exam the ishahira test or a different type of colorblind test? How is it conducted? 

4 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

Hi, I went on the web site but I didn't see any updated Request date. My list number is 7** which I would have thought by now that I probably would have gotten another 90 days expiration pre-employment to come back in. Should I reach out to Ms. CHESNUT and ask? 

Mind I ask when you took your first drug test? Was it less than 90 days ago? If you want to be on the safe side, I would definitely call Ms. Chestnut...

3 hours ago, train1290 said:

Is the vision exam the ishahira test or a different type of colorblind test? How is it conducted? 

It is the ishahira test. They make you look into a "microscope" and, if you can't read below a certain line, either with or without glasses medical hold. They do NOT make you read the "eye chart" like all the other places do. Why they do this is beyond me. As far as color blindness, they'll make you look into the same "microscope" and read the numbers. If you can't figure out the numbers, medical hold!! Now, if you have a doctor's note saying that your "color blindness" is acceptable for driving, next time you go down, they'll try it again with the microscope. If that fails, they'll show you a traffic signal and, if you identify red, yellow and green, you'll be fine.

And yes, they love to screw people with these "Medical Holds," especially if they diagnose you with something - trust me.

Edited by +Young+

3 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Mind I ask when you took your first drug test? Was it less than 90 days ago? If you want to be on the safe side, I would definitely call Ms. Chestnut...

It is the ishahira test. They make you look into a "microscope" and, if you can't read below a certain line, either with or without glasses medical hold. They do NOT make you read the "eye chart" like all the other places do. Why they do this is beyond me. As far as color blindness, they'll make you look into the same "microscope" and read the numbers. If you can't figure out the numbers, medical hold!! Now, if you have a doctor's note saying that your "color blindness" is acceptable for driving, next time you go down, they'll try it again with the microscope. If that fails, they'll show you a traffic signal and, if you identify red, yellow and green, you'll be fine.

And yes, they love to screw people with these "Medical Holds," especially if they diagnose you with something - trust me.

+Young+, I'm going to private message you...is that ok?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2019 at 7:09 PM, +Young+ said:

Congrats on getting the CDL!! As long as the ticket is paid and you disclose it, you'll be fine.

Funny thing. I went to call to verify the court date, and they told me it was dismissed October last year, 1 month after I received the ticket but I never got a letter saying it was dismissed. 

So they said case closed no points on abstract.  I did request a letter of disposition and have received it.  Question do i still need to disclose this? Even though I never actually  had to go to court. 

6 minutes ago, trigger said:

Funny thing. I went to call to verify the court date, and they told me it was dismissed October last year, 1 month after I received the ticket but I never got a letter saying it was dismissed. 

So they said case closed no points on abstract.  I did request a letter of disposition and have received it.  Question do i still need to disclose this? Even though I never actually  had to go to court. 

If you have a disposition letter, I would definitely mention it. If possible, I would personally request multiple disposition letters. This way, if 180 Livingston Street needs a copy, and then Zerega needs a copy, etc.

Hello everyone ,

so I was put on medical hold back in March-April I believe and I won’t be able to continue the process because of my current job l, untill after January when I can get more time off and actually dedicate myself on trying to get this job

my question is that to late? Have I already lost my opportunity ? 

I heard something about about you never lose your list number or something like that

thanks you in advance !

1 hour ago, Mikepro6 said:

Hello everyone ,

so I was put on medical hold back in March-April I believe and I won’t be able to continue the process because of my current job l, untill after January when I can get more time off and actually dedicate myself on trying to get this job

my question is that to late? Have I already lost my opportunity ?

I heard something about about you never lose your list number or something like that

thanks you in advance !

It is not too late, since this particular list does not expire until October of 2022. When you're ready to restore your name to the list, click here for information on how to do so. It's easier than it looks. And yes, your list number stays the same, and this is what the folks at 180 Livingston Street go by when processing candidates, filling up classes, etc.

Hope this helps.

8 hours ago, +Young+ said:

It is not too late, since this particular list does not expire until October of 2022. When you're ready to restore your name to the list, click here for information on how to do so. It's easier than it looks. And yes, your list number stays the same, and this is what the folks at 180 Livingston Street go by when processing candidates, filling up classes, etc.

Hope this helps.

Yea it did thanks a lot !

Recieved email and recorded message today to report to Livingston St on Thursday 6/20 for pre-employment,  short notice but happy to say the least, this time I received an additional email to print out the paperwork and bring it in already completed hopefully this cuts down on the length of time spent there 

15 minutes ago, jacknyc said:

Received email and recorded message today to report to Livingston St on Thursday 6/20 for pre-employment,  short notice but happy to say the least, this time I received an additional email to print out the paperwork and bring it in already completed hopefully this cuts down on the length of time spent there 

Congrats!! Mind sharing the first digit or two of your list number, while omitting the last digit or two in an effort to hide your identity?

Again, congrats!!