B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

Sorry for delay  my list is 3xx I was called and went for pre employment in Nov and was called back in dec for medical at which point I had to put the process on hold due to current employment,   emailed dcas in march to have my number reinstated into list 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same here, i restore my name last week and luckily they call me go tomorrow already, but i just have a question, do i need to fill out the form pre-employment form again? since i went there on April, will they keep the record???

1 hour ago, cwing813 said:

same here, i restore my name last week and luckily they call me go tomorrow already, but i just have a question, do i need to fill out the form pre-employment form again? since i went there on April, will they keep the record???

not sure ,but I would definitely bring just in case, better to have them and not need them, good luck

10 hours ago, cwing813 said:

If you already handed in the pre-employment packet, you'll have to do them again, but they will give you your old one back to copy off of it/add more information should things had changed

Good afternoon so I checked the dcas database and it’s says my certification sequence number is 63* and then it’s says dates likes 5-30-2019 and expires 6-30-2019 can anyone explain what that means my list number is 12XX

Edited by +Young+
Identity purposes...

53 minutes ago, Bsalick1992 said:

Good afternoon so I checked the dcas database and it’s says my certification sequence number is 63* and then it’s says dates likes 5-30-2019 and expires 6-30-2019 can anyone explain what that means my list number is 12XX

Back on May 28th, when NYC Transit requested 2,462 candidates to fill 300 vacancies, your certification sequence number is 63*. That means that you are in between the 630th and the 640th person to be called to fill this vacancy. Chances are that, by the time they reach you, the vacancies will be filled, therefore when they request more candidates in the future, your certification sequence number will be smaller, and, eventually they'll contact you and invite you down to Livingston Street for employment processing.

As an example, I would encourage you to type in "04600" in the search box on the top right of this webpage, followed by pressing "enter" on your keyboard. As you can see, since B/O Exam 4600 has priority over this one, when NYC Transit requested candidates from this exam back in February and most recently in late May, their certification sequence numbers were all below 150, respectively.

I know it's hard, however you just need patience. Eventually your time will come.

In addition, can you please omit the last digit or two of your list number and your certification sequence number and anything to this nature? Don't get me wrong - we're all here to help each other, however, at the same time, let's try to respect each other's identity. Thank you!!

Edited by +Young+

16 hours ago, jacknyc said:

not sure ,but I would definitely bring just in case, better to have them and not need them, good luck

7 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

If you already handed in the pre-employment packet, you'll have to do them again, but they will give you your old one back to copy off of it/add more information should things had changed

Thanks you both for info. i went there today and do the drug test, hopefully they will call me for med test next week.

11 hours ago, BusOperator0913 said:

So I’m here for preemployment again... hopefully this wrap up fast. I was here end of April. There’s less people today. 

If you don't mind telling us....what's your list number? Please do not show us the last two digits of the list number or, hide the last number of your list number. Is this your second time going down to 180 Livingston street?

1 hour ago, train1290 said:

If you don't mind telling us....what's your list number? Please do not show us the last two digits of the list number or, hide the last number of your list number. Is this your second time going down to 180 Livingston street?

According to his/her profile, @BusOperator0913's list number for this list is in the 800's. And between him/her going down for MaBSTOA 7105 and this TA position, this was at least their second visit to 180 Livingston Street.

Edited by +Young+

17 hours ago, train1290 said:

I’m on the list for 2 exams. In December I went for 7612, April came around and I had to retake the drug test because it’s been over 90 days. May I was down here because I had to take a boss exam for 7612. Now June 21st I had to retake another drug test for 7612. For 7105 I took a drug test bout a month ago also so I’ve been down here quite a few times. They sent me a email 2 days before I had to report to 180 and I work late night so I was quite cranky. 

1 hour ago, train1290 said:

Once we take a BOSS exam do we have to take another BOSS exam....or is it good for the rest of the list life?

As far as the BOSS is concerned for a single Bus Operator exam, you're good for the duration of the list, until it expires.

However, if you are applying to several Bus Operator exams, between NYC Transit, MaBSTOA and/or MTA Bus Company, from what I originally read, once you take the BOSS exam, the results are valid for one [1] calendar year. See the e-mail message below, which I received from the Examinations Unit this past December.

However, the part that I don't understand is that when I took Exam 9604 this past December, I took the BOSS exam. And, as a result of taking Exam 9618 within the past couple of weeks, I had to take the BOSS exam again!! And, on the fourth page of this Notice of Examination, it says "If you believe you have already successfully completed BOSS for another exam number, you may email us at examsunit@nyct.com to request a transfer of those results to this exam number."

Therefore, if you plan on applying to multiple Bus Operator exams, I would personally email examsunit@nyct.com with your full name, applicant ID or the last four digits of your social security number, along with the exam numbers and see what they say. Worse comes to worse it's the same exam and they're no surprises, respectfully.

BOSS email JPEG.png

Edited by +Young+

I just called the 212 # to confirmed that they received my emailed to have my name be reinstated to the list, which the system stated I am on the list. However,  it follow up by saying that "I was not marked not qualified to certified from this eligible list and should received a letter....blah, blah, blah" Does this mean that 1 in 3 letter or just because my name was taken off that was the reason for the ineligible.  Please let me know for those who had to restored their names.

Any know about the cpap results. I was put on hold I finally got the machine. On the machine it says days used Day 1 Day 7 Day 30. They want you to use the machine at least 4 hours a night. My 30 day average is over 5 hours but I only used it 3 weeks do I need to use it more then 30 days or my average is good enough now?