Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
+Young+

B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 9/28/2019

The list for this exam has been published as of October 17th, 2018. To view your list number, click here and type either "7612" or your last name in the search box on the top right followed by "enter" to view your results.

In addition, here is the Notice of Examination for this specific exam in case anyone needs this for future reference.

PAY: $23.84 to start, raises to $34.06

TRAINING: See this thread for more information.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1200s); For Medical: (Last Known - 10xx)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR: 'Possibly' October and/or November

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here or see the first attachment for the pre-employment packet and click here or see the second attachment for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Good luck!!

Day_1-Driving-Titles.pdf 16_CPD-B_Booklet.pdf

Message added by +Young+

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Bacardi23 said:

Any know about the cpap results. I was put on hold I finally got the machine. On the machine it says days used Day 1 Day 7 Day 30. They want you to use the machine at least 4 hours a night. My 30 day average is over 5 hours but I only used it 3 weeks do I need to use it more then 30 days or my average is good enough now?

You need to be between 28-30 days of compliance. They will also look at the overall percentage of usages. 93 - 99 % of usages of compliance.

Your sleep study doctor needs to also write a note and provide a copy of your studies and the compliances report which you will submit to the MAC doctors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Dorrell Love said:

What's your list #?

According to this post, his/her list number is in the 500's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have a question basically I had gotten a text from transit saying to go get my CDL permit and I did so it was issued 11/2018 it expired in May of 2019 180 days they saying I can renew it for another 180 days but what if transit does not call me within that time frame and it expires again I have to redo all those tests smh!????? Just to get back the cdl permit??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Bsalick1992 said:

So I have a question basically I had gotten a text from transit saying to go get my CDL permit and I did so it was issued 11/2018 it expired in May of 2019 180 days they saying I can renew it for another 180 days but what if transit does not call me within that time frame and it expires again I have to redo all those tests smh!????? Just to get back the cdl permit??

I was in the same position. Got mine in November and it expired in May. When I went down to 180 last week I had to renew mine. From what I heard you can only renew it once before you have to take it again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cory sr said:

I was in the same position. Got mine in November and it expired in May. When I went down to 180 last week I had to renew mine. From what I heard you can only renew it once before you have to take it again. 

Yeah but that’s what I’m saying what if I renew mine again for another 180 days and they still don’t call me .. do I have to retake the whole thing over again because to me that’s not fair because I got it so soon because they said to get it now it’s going to be almost a year and I haven’t received no call to come in list number 12Xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bsalick1992 said:

Yeah but that’s what I’m saying what if I renew mine again for another 180 days and they still don’t call me .. do I have to retake the whole thing over again because to me that’s not fair because I got it so soon because they said to get it now it’s going to be almost a year and I haven’t received no call to come in list number 12Xx

If you renew it again and they Don’t call before it expires then you have to take the test again. I’m not sure if they are close to your list number yet so maybe waiting a little would benefit you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bsalick1992 said:

I have to redo all those tests smh!????? Just to get back the cdl permit??

 

1 hour ago, Bsalick1992 said:

 Do I have to retake the whole thing over again because to me that’s not fair because I got it so soon because they said to get it now it’s going to be almost a year and I haven’t received no call to come in list number 12Xx

Speaking of taking the multiple-choice exams at the DMV, have you considered looking at cristcdl.com? Not only did this site help me with the initial exams I had to take, such as General Knowledge, Air Brakes, Passenger and **School Bus**, but this website also helped me with the other endorsements as well such as Hazmat, *Doubles/Triples* and Tanker. Just note that this website comes out of Ohio, therefore not only did I make index cards with the questions from the site, but I remember using the index cards approximately 75 to 80% of my studying time and reading the manual the other 20 to 25% of the time.

**=Although the School Bus endorsement is not necessary for MTA, if you wish to get this endorsement later on, you will have to take another road test in another bus to do so.

*=I have a Class A CDL, that's why I'm able to hold the Doubles/Triples endorsement. If you go for the Class B CDL and/or Commercial Learner's Permit, you will not be allowed to have this endorsement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2019 at 1:53 PM, Bsalick1992 said:

Yeah but that’s what I’m saying what if I renew mine again for another 180 days and they still don’t call me .. do I have to retake the whole thing over again because to me that’s not fair because I got it so soon because they said to get it now it’s going to be almost a year and I haven’t received no call to come in list number 12Xx

The best advise I can give you is if you have the money to pay for CDL school, get your license and you won't have to worried about retaking the written exam.

The DMV road has completely changed compared to when I got mines in 2015. So going to CDL school is a must in order to pass the new DMV road test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cwing813 said:

class start next Monday, hope everything go smoothly.

Good Luck! What's your list number? Please remember to hide the last digit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, train1290 said:

Good Luck! What's your list number? Please remember to hide the last digit.

See below.

On 6/24/2019 at 6:06 PM, cwing813 said:

my list # is 6XX, i was been there at April but i decline them first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

did anyone know about CASEY STENGEL depot? and instructor Mr. Mejia?

 

and what is the difference between TWU and ATU?

Edited by cwing813

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, cwing813 said:

did anyone know about CASEY STENGEL depot? and instructor Mr. Mejia?

and what is the difference between TWU and ATU?

Yes, Casey Stengel is located across the street from CitiField, where the Mets play. You can simply take the (7) to Mets/Willets Point and the depot is right there.

I don't know too much about the instructor, however, whatever he tells you to do for the next 7 days, just do it and deal with it. From reading several things on this site, this will be the hardest part of the job.

As far as TWU and ATU, these are different unions. After the 10-day training session, if you pick a Queens or Staten Island Depot, such as Casey Stengel, you are stuck there, as a Bus Operator, for the rest of your career, unless you decide to take a promotional exam for Dispatcher, Train Operator, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Yes, Casey Stengel is located across the street from CitiField, where the Mets play. You can simply take the (7) to Mets/Willets Point and the depot is right there.

I don't know too much about the instructor, however, whatever he tells you to do for the next 7 days, just do it and deal with it. From reading several things on this site, this will be the hardest part of the job.

As far as TWU and ATU, these are different unions. After the 10-day training session, if you pick a Queens or Staten Island Depot, such as Casey Stengel, you are stuck there, as a Bus Operator, for the rest of your career, unless you decide to take a promotional exam for Dispatcher, Train Operator, etc.

ok thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 1:30 PM, +Young+ said:

Back on May 28th, when NYC Transit requested 2,462 candidates to fill 300 vacancies, your certification sequence number is 63*. That means that you are in between the 630th and the 640th person to be called to fill this vacancy. Chances are that, by the time they reach you, the vacancies will be filled, therefore when they request more candidates in the future, your certification sequence number will be smaller, and, eventually they'll contact you and invite you down to Livingston Street for employment processing.

As an example, I would encourage you to type in "04600" in the search box on the top right of this webpage, followed by pressing "enter" on your keyboard. As you can see, since B/O Exam 4600 has priority over this one, when NYC Transit requested candidates from this exam back in February and most recently in late May, their certification sequence numbers were all below 150, respectively.

I know it's hard, however you just need patience. Eventually your time will come.

In addition, can you please omit the last digit or two of your list number and your certification sequence number and anything to this nature? Don't get me wrong - we're all here to help each other, however, at the same time, let's try to respect each other's identity. Thank you!!

Hi, 

Which row on the Certificate List do we look to see if our name was restored back to the list? I was told that my name was restored back effective 7/1/19. However,  I do not see anything. Am I checking the correct place from what you posted and enter either lastname or exam #?

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

Hi, 

Which row on the Certificate List do we look to see if our name was restored back to the list? I was told that my name was restored back effective 7/1/19. However,  I do not see anything. Am I checking the correct place from what you posted and enter either lastname or exam #?

Thank you.

Unfortunately for this you cannot check to see if your name was restored back to the list or not. As long as you got the piece of paper in the mail from DCAS stating that your name was restored, you're good to go. Just like in my quote in the previous post, you and me just need one thing: patience. I know it's hard, however you're not the only one, especially with that fact that following this incident, to this date, I still have to take a drug test and submit paperwork for the TA 4600 Bus Operator position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, train1290 said:

Excuse me, does anyone know the phone number for this bus operator exam No. 7612?

For "Employment Operations" - 347-643-8229/30/31/32

For the DCAS hotline to check your status on the list - 212-669-1357, select option #2, enter your 9-digit Social Security number and follow the prompts.

Good luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 6:43 PM, +Young+ said:

Yes, Casey Stengel is located across the street from CitiField, where the Mets play. You can simply take the (7) to Mets/Willets Point and the depot is right there.

I don't know too much about the instructor, however, whatever he tells you to do for the next 7 days, just do it and deal with it. From reading several things on this site, this will be the hardest part of the job.

As far as TWU and ATU, these are different unions. After the 10-day training session, if you pick a Queens or Staten Island Depot, such as Casey Stengel, you are stuck there, as a Bus Operator, for the rest of your career, unless you decide to take a promotional exam for Dispatcher, Train Operator, etc.

Thank you, just curious what are the other opportunities (except bus operator)  if we choose one depot except staten island and queens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m down at the union office today and they just said that the next class won’t be until 8/28 or 8/29. Just giving you guys a heads up. Good luck

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all I got an invite for pre employment at the end of the week,what doe sit consist of I'm guessing the physical,drug test etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cactus683 said:

Hey all I got an invite for pre employment at the end of the week,what doe sit consist of I'm guessing the physical,drug test etc?

Congrats! This will probably and most likely consist of handing in your pre-employment packet which you should have received and a drug (urine) test.

In addition, they will run your abstract to make sure you are 'clean'.

The next step will be the physical, followed by final processing if you're not placed on medical hold.

And, according to this post, your list number is in the 1200's, correct?

Edited by +Young+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Congrats! This will probably and most likely consist of handing in your pre-employment packet which you should have received and a drug (urine) test.

The next step will be the physical, followed by final processing if you're not placed on medical hold.

And, according to this post, your list number is in the 1200's, correct?

Yeah lower 1200's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.