B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

31 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Congrats! This will probably and most likely consist of handing in your pre-employment packet which you should have received and a drug (urine) test.

The next step will be the physical, followed by final processing if you're not placed on medical hold.

And, according to this post, your list number is in the 1200's, correct?

I’m 8xx and I haven’t been called for a physical yet. Could I have gotten skipped?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, I just got the call and email to do my medical tomorrow July 31, and may be considered for class started August 19th. Is possible to ask them to be listed for next class? For some personal family reason I can't attend class as of yet.

8 minutes ago, NESTo said:

Hi all, I just got the call and email to do my medical tomorrow July 31, and may be considered for class started August 19th. Is possible to ask them to be listed for next class? For some personal family reason I can't attend class as of yet.

What’s your list number if you don’t mind me asking 

1 hour ago, BusOperator0913 said:

I’m 8xx and I haven’t been called for a physical yet. Could I have gotten skipped?

I'm wondering the same thing because my list number is in the 1600's off of the 4600 list and I didn't get anything either! Next, as a result of looking on this site, when I type in "Bus Operator" "04600" or "07612" in the search box on the top right, as of this posting (7/30/2019; 6:45 PM), I don't see anything!

I'm going to be a little patient and give it a few days, and then I'll take it from there.

1 hour ago, NESTo said:

When you get to final processing, let the "interviewer" know and there should not be a problem, providing there is another class following the one on August 19th.

59 minutes ago, BusOperator0913 said:

What’s your list number if you don’t mind me asking 

According to this post, his/her list number is 10xx.

Edited by +Young+

11 hours ago, +Young+ said:

I'm wondering the same thing because my list number is in the 1600's off of the 4600 list and I didn't get anything either! Next, as a result of looking on this site, when I type in "Bus Operator" "04600" or "07612" in the search box on the top right, as of this posting (7/30/2019; 6:45 PM), I don't see anything!

I'm going to be a little patient and give it a few days, and then I'll take it from there.

When you get to final processing, let the "interviewer" know and there should not be a problem, providing there is another class following the one on August 19th.

According to this post, his/her list number is 10xx.

Thank you for the reply, I’m heading now for my medical. That’s correct my list number is 10xx.

3 hours ago, Catz said:

@NESToHow did everything work out ? Did they say when the next class is ?

Everything went well, I passed my medical and will be reporting to Zegera on August 19th. I tried to ask the questions I needed but they couldn’t give me the answers, the person that hire me, recommend to take the opportunity and adjust if possible, which I have to now.  No information as for next class as well. 

4 hours ago, Cactus683 said:

So I just got done with pre-employment,did all the paper work,they took urine and told me 3-90 days now,I'm guessing thats till they call you for medical.

I believe so, so in the mean time keep your phone nearby and check your email along with the junk/spam folder.

If you don't mind me asking what list number are you? ( please don't forget to hide the last digit or two for privacy reasons)

3 minutes ago, train1290 said:

I believe so, so in the mean time keep your phone nearby and check your email along with the junk/spam folder.

If you don't mind me asking what list number are you? ( please don't forget to hide the last digit or two for privacy reasons)

Im 120*.Will definitely be checking the emails and phone thanks my friend

3 minutes ago, sssick said:

A friend of mine is list number 8XX has been to multiple drug tests.  He just got a letter he was 1 in 3'd.  Is this normal?  I've never heard of this being used in open competitive tests.

I'm trying to figure out because a guy I know that's on the job now from a different test he had like 4 drug tests before moving on to the next step,what's the point in having us come down there unless there ready honestly.

Edited by Cactus683

33 minutes ago, Catz said:

@sssick yea I heard this is normal.  Did they have anything in their back ground thats  was recent or did they ever work for a city agency , I heard Mta is strict. Unlike the other two 

what do you mean ''anything in their background'', what do you mean? ( As in Tickets, Arrests, etc.)

I was on medical hold due to sleep apnea. It took a few months by the time I found a dr, did the sleep test, insurance paid for the machine and then for me to get a 30 day evaluation. Took about 3.5 months. I was removed from the list. I sent a letter to get placed back on the list. They put me back on the list and I called a manager to ask if I should bring my medical hold paperwork in and they said it was over 3 months you have to do it all again wait till they call you. I'm 5xx and they are calling people again what do I do if I'm not getting called?

5 hours ago, Bacardi23 said:

I was on medical hold due to sleep apnea. It took a few months by the time I found a dr, did the sleep test, insurance paid for the machine and then for me to get a 30 day evaluation. Took about 3.5 months. I was removed from the list. I sent a letter to get placed back on the list. They put me back on the list and I called a manager to ask if I should bring my medical hold paperwork in and they said it was over 3 months you have to do it all again wait till they call you. I'm 5xx and they are calling people again what do I do if I'm not getting called?

Since this particular exam is for a civil service title, I would do the following:

1) Keep a close eye on this website. You can either type in your last name, "07612" or "Bus Operator" in the search box on the top right. When they request a new batch of candidates from DCAS, not only will you see it under "Request Date," you will also have higher preference compared to those reporting to Livingston Street for the first time for employment processing. However, you have to also keep in mind those folks who have a smaller list number than you who also sent a letter asking to be placed back on the list as well.

2) When they request a new batch of candidates from DCAS, you should be called shortly after the "Request Date." If this does not happen, you can always call them at 347-643-8229/30/31/32 and ask what your status is.

Hope this helps.

Edited by +Young+

Hey so I ended up getting a speeding ticket last night ,how does this work after going through premployment,do I need to contact mta and let them know ?I got no other points I believe this is going to put 3 on my license now.Going to try and get it removed in court for driving over 20 years without any tickets

1 hour ago, Cactus683 said:

Hey so I ended up getting a speeding ticket last night ,how does this work after going through premployment,do I need to contact mta and let them know ?I got no other points I believe this is going to put 3 on my license now.Going to try and get it removed in court for driving over 20 years without any tickets

According to your prior posts, your list number is in the 1200's and you took your first drug test on August 2nd, a week ago yesterday. From personally monitoring this thread/topic, to this date, that is the highest list number I've seen for this exam take a drug test. Therefore, if I had to take an educated guess, you will probably be called back down to take a second drug test. When you go back down, they will re-run your abstract in which the speeding ticket will show up.

If you want this job, my advice would be to simply pay it and move on. If your ticket is "pending," which involves waiting to go to court, they will not let you continue with the process. Just make sure you bring all of the paperwork associated with this in the event they ask for it. I don't think they will, however it's better to be on the safe side. As far as the points, you are allowed to have four points max, so providing you're careful, you're fine.

As far as looking up the points - you are aware that you can run your own abstract on DMV's website, correct? As a result of this incident taking place, I looked over my paperwork several times, including the abstract that they ran on me and they only run the standard abstract, therefore you don't have to worry about the new "CDL abstract" or anything to that nature.

9 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

According to your prior posts, your list number is in the 1200's and you took your first drug test on August 2nd, a week ago yesterday. From personally monitoring this thread/topic, to this date, that is the highest list number I've seen for this exam take a drug test. Therefore, if I had to take an educated guess, you will probably be called back down to take a second drug test. When you go back down, they will re-run your abstract in which the speeding ticket will show up.

If you want this job, my advice would be to simply pay it and move on. If your ticket is "pending," which involves waiting to go to court, they will not let you continue with the process. Just make sure you bring all of the paperwork associated with this in the event they ask for it. I don't think they will, however it's better to be on the safe side. As far as the points, you are allowed to have four points max, so providing you're careful, you're fine.

As far as looking up the points - you are aware that you can run your own abstract on DMV's website, correct? As a result of this incident taking place, I looked over my paperwork several times, including the abstract that they ran on me and they only run the standard abstract, therefore you don't have to worry about the new "CDL abstract" or anything to that nature.

Thanks for the long explanation,much appreciated,I'm not playing games with it as soon as I'm able to pay it once it's in the system I am going to,I was going to go a fight it to try and get the points reduced since this is my first ever ticket driving a these years but I don't know if it's even worth it honestly.Ill just drive like I'm driving a bus for now on simple as thatHave a great weekend my friend.

1 minute ago, Cactus683 said:

Thanks for the long explanation,much appreciated,I'm not playing games with it as soon as I'm able to pay it once it's in the system I am going to,I was going to go a fight it to try and get the points reduced since this is my first ever ticket driving a these years but I don't know if it's even worth it honestly.Ill just drive like I'm driving a bus for now on simple as thatHave a great weekend my friend.

You're welcome. Even when I'm driving my car, if I see someone behind me who wants to go fast, I just pull over and let them go. That's all. After all, it's your license/abstract and it's your job to make sure it stays clean and nothing bad happens to it. As far as getting the points reduced, for the TA you can do nothing, however for insurance purposes, you can take a defensive driving class. They love those things.

Have a great weekend as well!!