Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
+Young+

B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 9/28/2019

The list for this exam has been published as of October 17th, 2018. To view your list number, click here and type either "7612" or your last name in the search box on the top right followed by "enter" to view your results.

In addition, here is the Notice of Examination for this specific exam in case anyone needs this for future reference.

PAY: $23.84 to start, raises to $34.06

TRAINING: See this thread for more information.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1200s); For Medical: (Last Known - 10xx)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR: 'Possibly' October and/or November

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here or see the first attachment for the pre-employment packet and click here or see the second attachment for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Good luck!!

Day_1-Driving-Titles.pdf 16_CPD-B_Booklet.pdf

Message added by +Young+

3 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

You're welcome. Even when I'm driving my car, if I see someone behind me who wants to go fast, I just pull over and let them go. That's all. After all, it's your license/abstract and it's your job to make sure it stays clean and nothing bad happens to it. As far as getting the points reduced, for the TA you can do nothing, however for insurance purposes, you can take a defensive driving class. They love those things.

Have a great weekend as well!!

That's it time to go into full grandma mode while driving now,figured this would happen to me while I was in the process of this lol.Thanks again Young

• Upvote 1

Guys, 

Can someone tell me when looking at the website after searching '07612' what do we look at or for to tell where we are with regards to when they may call us?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sisslims29 said:

Guys, 

Can someone tell me when looking at the website after searching '07612' what do we look at or for to tell where we are with regards to when they may call us?

After typing in "07612" in the search box on this website, what we're primarily looking for is the "Request Date" on the right hand side. It will be between the certification sequence number and the salary, which is $23.84 per hour. Within a couple of business of days of "Employment Operations" requesting a new batch of names from DCAS, this will be updated. Once it is updated, those folks who have a low certification sequence number should be receiving either an e-mail or phone call or letter in the mail asking to report to Livingston Street for employment processing.

In order to make it easier on yourselves, you know that you can also type in "Bus Operator" in the search box as well, right? If you do, you'll see that the first batch of candidates with the May 28th Request Date are from B/O Exam 4600, which makes sense since that list is older, in which those folks have first preference until that list expires this upcoming January.

Edited by +Young+

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, +Young+ said:

After typing in "07612" in the search box on this website, what we're primarily looking for is the "Request Date" on the right hand side. It will be between the certification sequence number and the salary, which is $23.84 per hour. Within a couple of business of days of "Employment Operations" requesting a new batch of names from DCAS, this will be updated. Once it is updated, those folks who have a low certification sequence number should be receiving either an e-mail or phone call or letter in the mail asking to report to Livingston Street for employment processing.

In order to make it easier on yourselves, you know that you can also type in "Bus Operator" in the search box as well, right? If you do, you'll see that the first batch of candidates with the May 28th Request Date are from B/O Exam 4600, which makes sense since that list is older, in which those folks have first preference until that list expires this upcoming January.

I saw it. My name hasn't been updated since February. Smh

Edited by sisslims29

24 minutes ago, Bacardi23 said:

Has anyone been called recently to come down to Livingston st?

I was called for pre employment on 8-2-2019

1 hour ago, Bacardi23 said:

Has anyone been called recently to come down to Livingston st?

In addition, if you check out this website and if you type in "Bus Operator" in the search box on the top right, there has not been any recent activity as far as "Employment Operations" requesting a new list of names from DCAS for this specific title.

For everyone qualifying tomorrow  I wish you good luck  stay in those mirrors and stop for bikes  take your time you got this! 

1 hour ago, cory sr said:

For everyone qualifying tomorrow  I wish you good luck  stay in those mirrors and stop for bikes  take your time you got this! 

Are you a Bus Operator?

Posted (edited)

Made a call again to MTA. There currently at List #942. I am List #7**. My CDL permit had just expired a few days before when MTA had called me back in February. Had to restored my name. Called MTA back in June and July and informed Ms. Chestnut that according to DCAS my name was restored and I haven't heard anything since. Called today and the gentlemen that I spoke to since Ms. CHESTNUT is on vacation advise me to go down to DCAS Building and get a receipt becausemy name was not on the list the receivedI guess a few weeks ago. Called DCAS and the person was very nice. She sent me an emailed rather than having me go down there.  She explained that the receipt number would have only had my name, exam # and list #. Called back MTA and the gentlemen I spoke with informed me to call them back early October. There will be another class starting in the Fall. I hope at some point I eventually make the cut and be call and pass.

Edited by sisslims29
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/5/2019 at 12:17 PM, d4500 said:

hello.. exam # 7612 / my list number is 21xx...   how long do we wait? just est...

According to the post below, which can be found above at #910, hopefully a couple more months...

On 8/30/2019 at 5:23 PM, sisslims29 said:

Called back MTA and the gentlemen I spoke with informed me to call them back early October. There will be another class starting in the Fall.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:17 PM, d4500 said:

hello.. exam # 7612 / my list number is 21xx...   how long do we wait? just est...

I called the other day like I do everymonth,I already did pre employment.im list 12*1,I called and they said there up to list 953 or around there.I told them I did premployment and they transferred me to someone else that told me they have hired up to 11*5.Going to call back this week just to confirm that again .

4 minutes ago, Mikepro6 said:

If you have a dwai/suspended License on your record does this disqualify you ?

It depends when. If it was within the past three years, yes. If this was not within the past three years, then no.

According to the Civil Service List Certification page, on September 18th, 2019, NYC Transit requested 700 names from DCAS for this title. Since B/O 4600 is older than this list, the certification sequence numbers for this exam start with 102 and continue to 700.

Best of luck to everyone and watch those mailboxes!!!

I just check the website and saw my name was updated. My certificate request date is 9/18/2019 which means they should probably be calling me at some point.

11 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

I just check the website and saw my name was updated. My certificate request date is 9/18/2019 which means they should probably be calling me at some point.

Mine is also 9/18 and I had premployment back in August , hopefully soon for the medical

1 hour ago, Cactus683 said:

Mine is also 9/18 and I had premployment back in August , hopefully soon for the medical

Oh wow. Well, I was told a class is supposed to be scheduled for sometime in the Fall. So maybe I will see you there. Crossing my fingers because I have not done my pre-employment as yet.

6 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

Oh wow. Well, I was told a class is supposed to be scheduled for sometime in the Fall. So maybe I will see you there. Crossing my fingers because I have not done my pre-employment as yet.

Same here buddy and best of luck 

I just got a call to report to Livingston on October 4th again,had pre employment back in August and there saying pre employment again list 12*1

1 hour ago, Cactus683 said:

I just got a call to report to Livingston on October 4th again,had pre employment back in August and there saying pre employment again list 12*1

Nice. I have been trying to call them since morning, no luck with a Jennifer picking up. As rude as Ms. CHESTNUT is, she will at least pick up.