B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

3 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

You're welcome. Even when I'm driving my car, if I see someone behind me who wants to go fast, I just pull over and let them go. That's all. After all, it's your license/abstract and it's your job to make sure it stays clean and nothing bad happens to it. As far as getting the points reduced, for the TA you can do nothing, however for insurance purposes, you can take a defensive driving class. They love those things.

Have a great weekend as well!!

That's it time to go into full grandma mode while driving now,figured this would happen to me while I was in the process of this lol.Thanks again Young

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sisslims29 said:

Guys, 

Can someone tell me when looking at the website after searching '07612' what do we look at or for to tell where we are with regards to when they may call us?

After typing in "07612" in the search box on this website, what we're primarily looking for is the "Request Date" on the right hand side. It will be between the certification sequence number and the salary, which is $23.84 per hour. Within a couple of business of days of "Employment Operations" requesting a new batch of names from DCAS, this will be updated. Once it is updated, those folks who have a low certification sequence number should be receiving either an e-mail or phone call or letter in the mail asking to report to Livingston Street for employment processing.

In order to make it easier on yourselves, you know that you can also type in "Bus Operator" in the search box as well, right? If you do, you'll see that the first batch of candidates with the May 28th Request Date are from B/O Exam 4600, which makes sense since that list is older, in which those folks have first preference until that list expires this upcoming January.

Edited by +Young+

18 hours ago, +Young+ said:

After typing in "07612" in the search box on this website, what we're primarily looking for is the "Request Date" on the right hand side. It will be between the certification sequence number and the salary, which is $23.84 per hour. Within a couple of business of days of "Employment Operations" requesting a new batch of names from DCAS, this will be updated. Once it is updated, those folks who have a low certification sequence number should be receiving either an e-mail or phone call or letter in the mail asking to report to Livingston Street for employment processing.

In order to make it easier on yourselves, you know that you can also type in "Bus Operator" in the search box as well, right? If you do, you'll see that the first batch of candidates with the May 28th Request Date are from B/O Exam 4600, which makes sense since that list is older, in which those folks have first preference until that list expires this upcoming January.

I saw it. My name hasn't been updated since February. Smh

Edited by sisslims29

1 hour ago, Bacardi23 said:

Has anyone been called recently to come down to Livingston st?

In addition, if you check out this website and if you type in "Bus Operator" in the search box on the top right, there has not been any recent activity as far as "Employment Operations" requesting a new list of names from DCAS for this specific title.

• 2 weeks later...

Made a call again to MTA. There currently at List #942. I am List #7**. My CDL permit had just expired a few days before when MTA had called me back in February. Had to restored my name. Called MTA back in June and July and informed Ms. Chestnut that according to DCAS my name was restored and I haven't heard anything since. Called today and the gentlemen that I spoke to since Ms. CHESTNUT is on vacation advise me to go down to DCAS Building and get a receipt becausemy name was not on the list the receivedI guess a few weeks ago. Called DCAS and the person was very nice. She sent me an emailed rather than having me go down there.  She explained that the receipt number would have only had my name, exam # and list #. Called back MTA and the gentlemen I spoke with informed me to call them back early October. There will be another class starting in the Fall. I hope at some point I eventually make the cut and be call and pass.

Edited by sisslims29

On 9/5/2019 at 12:17 PM, d4500 said:

hello.. exam # 7612 / my list number is 21xx...   how long do we wait? just est...

According to the post below, which can be found above at #910, hopefully a couple more months...

On 8/30/2019 at 5:23 PM, sisslims29 said:

Called back MTA and the gentlemen I spoke with informed me to call them back early October. There will be another class starting in the Fall.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:17 PM, d4500 said:

hello.. exam # 7612 / my list number is 21xx...   how long do we wait? just est...

I called the other day like I do everymonth,I already did pre employment.im list 12*1,I called and they said there up to list 953 or around there.I told them I did premployment and they transferred me to someone else that told me they have hired up to 11*5.Going to call back this week just to confirm that again .

• 2 weeks later...

According to the Civil Service List Certification page, on September 18th, 2019, NYC Transit requested 700 names from DCAS for this title. Since B/O 4600 is older than this list, the certification sequence numbers for this exam start with 102 and continue to 700.

Best of luck to everyone and watch those mailboxes!!!

1 hour ago, Cactus683 said:

Mine is also 9/18 and I had premployment back in August , hopefully soon for the medical

Oh wow. Well, I was told a class is supposed to be scheduled for sometime in the Fall. So maybe I will see you there. Crossing my fingers because I have not done my pre-employment as yet.

1 hour ago, Cactus683 said:

I just got a call to report to Livingston on October 4th again,had pre employment back in August and there saying pre employment again list 12*1

Nice. I have been trying to call them since morning, no luck with a Jennifer picking up. As rude as Ms. CHESTNUT is, she will at least pick up.