B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Eturnulrs704 said:

Ok. Got my results. Out of 80 how many are you allowed to get wrong, or what do you guys think would be a good number to still be in the running, I got 7 total incorrect .? Is that a good score out of 80?

You're allowed to get 24 questions wrong max. So with 7 incorrect, your score is 91.25% (73 divided by 80). This might go up, depending on the final answer key.

Obviously the name of the game is to get all 80 questions correct, however we'll see what happens as time progresses...

4 hours ago, Eturnulrs704 said:

Thks. Yeah I did the math on the %age and didnt know the max. I read that there are so many extras to get after 100% like vets credit and what have you. Just trying to get an idea of where I would be. Thanks again.

You're welcome. Good luck!!

On 12/15/2017 at 6:42 PM, +Young+ said:

So I went to the protest session today. Out of the 20 questions I got wrong, I was able to submit a protest for 12 of them. Some of them were obvious, and for the ones I was not able to submit a protest for, it was human error.

We'll see what happens....

Which questions were you able to protest? I got 24, 36, 39, and 80 wrong. I put B for 24, A for 36, A for 39, and B for 80

On 12/15/2017 at 6:42 PM, +Young+ said:

So I went to the protest session today. Out of the 20 questions I got wrong, I was able to submit a protest for 12 of them. Some of them were obvious, and for the ones I was not able to submit a protest for, it was human error.

We'll see what happens....

I noted which ones I thought were protestable/ didn't know the answer to and oddly enough the ones I marked as unsure of at the time I got correct. They were 1, 10, 19, 20, 22, and 42

2 hours ago, MTA-Hopeful said:

Which questions were you able to protest? I got 24, 36, 39, and 80 wrong. I put B for 24, A for 36, A for 39, and B for 80

2 hours ago, MTA-Hopeful said:

I noted which ones I thought were protestable/ didn't know the answer to and oddly enough the ones I marked as unsure of at the time I got correct. They were 1, 10, 19, 20, 22, and 42

I protested questions 1, 10, 13, 21, 22, 23, 29, 35, 55, 57, 59 & 78. I'm not going into any further details, especially since we have a lot of anonymous guests on the site, and some of these guests know me in person (trust me)...

19 hours ago, +Young+ said:

I protested questions 1, 10, 13, 21, 22, 23, 29, 35, 55, 57, 59 & 78. I'm not going into any further details, especially since we have a lot of anonymous guests on the site, and some of these guests know me in person (trust me)...

Thanks young

3 hours ago, Eturnulrs704 said:

How do I protest an answer? Is it too late for me to try ?

Technically, you have 30 days from December 15th to mail in any protests...if you want to protest an answer in person, then it's too late...sorry...

1 hour ago, msmcmillan said:

I got 74 right...I hope my score goes up a little after the final answer key. I need a better list number than the ones I got for MTA Bus and OA! 

Only time will tell @msmcmillan...

13 hours ago, Chris628 said:

When do they post the real answers and is it on the same site? I got an 80 just wondering if it could be a little higher and how long does it usually take for them tp reach out to you ?

As far as where, it will be on this webpage. As far as when, give them anywhere from a year to 18 months. Once the final answer key is produced, then that's when we'll get our results in the mail.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2017 at 7:27 PM, +Young+ said:

Click here for the routes. Should be self-explanatory.

As far as the exams (tests) are concerned, for MaBSOTA (7105) and MTA Bus Company (7300), you will receive a random list #. This random list # will become your list #, providing you pass the BOSS (Bus Operator Selection Survey). Long story short: It's a personality test, that's all.

For NYC Transit (7612), since this is civil service, you will take two [2] exams - a civil service exam, which will determine your list #, followed by the BOSS exam.This is the best out of all of them, since you not only will receive a pension from NYCERS, but you'll also be able to take a promotion to Train Operator, compared to MaBSTOA and MTA Bus Company you're not eligible.

However, if you're able to get into MaBSOTA and/or MTA Bus Company first, what's good is that you don't have to repeat the intense 10-day training program again. Therefore, all you have to do at that point is wait for your list number to come up depending on how well you did on the civil service exam, in which you need a score of 70% or higher to pass.

lol this just solved my problem lol.  Thanks young. You always got the answers.

So exam 7105 is just the boss exam. But you can't transfer to the other mta groups? 

3 hours ago, Moody said:

So exam 7105 is just the boss exam. But you can't transfer to the other mta groups? 

You can, however for you to switch from MTA Bus Company to NYC Transit, you have to take the civil service exam, pass the BOSS exam and wait for your list number to be called. The only advantage is that you're already an MTA Bus Operator so you don't have to go through the 10-day training period again.

5 hours ago, Moody said:

did anyone take the boss exam for this exam yet ?

I didn't hear back about the boss, yet. Are they calling people down for that? I'm not sure of the procedures, but don't they have to score everyone first before they call us to take it? Maybe, I'm wrong...

5 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

I didn't hear back about the boss, yet. Are they calling people down for that? I'm not sure of the procedures, but don't they have to score everyone first before they call us to take it? Maybe, I'm wrong...

No no, im sorry.  The  exam 7612 most of us took the exam, and its finished. Now we are just waiting for the BOSS exam for 7612. I took it in October. After the exam comes the boss exam.  Some applications for 7612 and 7105 have different criteria. Like 7105 you don't take an exam, just the BOSS survey.  I got confused.  Thats because the mta bus operations has different operations or different departments that work.  They are the same, but not the same. Different departments.  So some tests require a CIVIL exam, and the other just the BOSS.  

6 hours ago, +Young+ said:

You can, however for you to switch from MTA Bus Company to NYC Transit, you have to take the civil service exam, pass the BOSS exam and wait for your list number to be called. The only advantage is that you're already an MTA Bus Operator so you don't have to go through the 10-day training period again.

Thanks young for the clarification. For about an hour I was totally confused. CIVIL EXAM and BOSS for nyc transit. Got it. Now wonder why the boss for 7105 came so fast, different structured groups.  

5 hours ago, Moody said:

Thanks young for the clarification. For about an hour I was totally confused. CIVIL EXAM and BOSS for nyc transit. Got it. Now wonder why the boss for 7105 came so fast, different structured groups. 

You're welcome.