B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

18 hours ago, +Young+ said:

First of all it's not too long. Offhand, have you considered running off your own abstract? If not, click here for the details.

When you report to 180 Livingston Street, this is one of the things they are going to do. Although the format will be a little different, the information will exactly be the same. Therefore, I haven't had any points or tickets or anything to that nature on my abstract, however I have heard from other members that as soon as you pay the ticket, or, in your case, accept the plea deal, it will show up on your abstract. Therefore, as long as it shows on your abstract that you paid the ticket, you'll be fine.

Like I said earlier, they only look at your abstract for the past three years. Therefore, it all depends on exactly when your 5 point ticket is over three years old and when you report to Livingston Street. Worse comes to worse, they'll give you a paper and tell you to come back either in a few days or next week without having to restore your name to the list. Even if your 5 point ticket is 3 years and a day or two old, from their perspective, that's acceptable compared to your 5 point ticket just being shy of three years old.

Yeah so basically I have one ticket that's 5 points, and I have another ticket that's 3 points for a grand total of 8 points altogether. But its not 8 points tied up into one Summons/Ticket. So you're saying that I'm good to go if I stay clean and don't get any more tickets/ points moving forward, Correct?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Moody said:

Whats up everyone ?  I got called in for 7612, I did the pre employment. I am also on medical hold for the other matsoaba bus operator exam, whatever you call it thats not civil service. I reinstated myself back on that list after being on medical hold. Once im back in on that list, theyre supposed to get back to me to finish medical. I did the sleep apnea compliance thing. I went to my doctor, did everything they asked. I got a letter from my doctor saying im good. Sleep apnea is good, I got the machine. I got my compliance report. Its ready.

ANYWAY while that was happening, i got preemployment letter for 7612, I did the preemployment went to do the drug test, I finished everything in 3 hrs. And they gave me the CPD booklet. 

Now my question is because my questineere dates for employment might be off, they are accurate, but I want to be extra accurate. I want to fill gap times.  Will they allow me to adjust or fix my questioneere ? Because im going to put down even more accurate work history etc etc on the CPD ? 

ALSO everyone you can extend your cdl-permit 1 time.  I did that already at the dmv.  I had too. It almost expired. 

What's your list number if you don't mind me asking? ( don't forget to hide the last digit or two for privacy reasons)

31 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Yeah so basically I have one ticket that's 5 points, and I have another ticket that's 3 points for a grand total of 8 points altogether. But its not 8 points tied up into one Summons/Ticket. So you're saying that I'm good to go if I stay clean and don't get any more tickets/ points moving forward, Correct?

Yes, that is correct.

Hi everyone

Anyone from experience, what usually happens if you show up for pre employment and have everything except your cdl permit?

Is there a way to check how many times a person has defered their name on a civil service list, either Mta or other city agencies?

Thank You

On 11/4/2019 at 12:47 PM, +Young+ said:

As far as your first question, both have to match 100%. If not, you will get grilled during final processing.

As far as your second question, if you click here, the DMV states that you can renew your permit once for 180 days. However, if you need to renew it a second time, then you will need to take the necessary multiple-choice exams all over again.

Hey young. If I'm medical hold for another exam and I get called in for another position, can I get my doctors letter and sleep study stuff ready ? So when I go for the medical I'll have everything ready anyway ? I'm still on medical hold for the other bus operator position but I have everything ready. As a matter of fact I'm at the doctors right now to get a new updated letter. 

And anyone needing to get the cdl permit use cristcdl.com. very similar to the DMV questions.

32 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

Nice. I'm on medical hold for sleep apnea. Hopefully I can get into this class.

Believe it or not. I love the cpap machine. I sleep better than people who don't need it. I feel like I slept 14 hrs when I only slept 7. I get up energized. 

44 minutes ago, Moody said:

Believe it or not. I love the cpap machine. I sleep better than people who don't need it. I feel like I slept 14 hrs when I only slept 7. I get up energized. 

Oh wow..so you were also on medical hold and just came off. Nice. I am so proud of you and knowing that you are sleeping better now.

3 hours ago, Moody said:

Hey young. If I'm medical hold for another exam and I get called in for another position, can I get my doctors letter and sleep study stuff ready ? So when I go for the medical I'll have everything ready anyway ? I'm still on medical hold for the other bus operator position but I have everything ready. As a matter of fact I'm at the doctors right now to get a new updated letter.

And anyone needing to get the cdl permit use cristcdl.com. very similar to the DMV questions.

As a general rule of thumb (unless they changed things around), if you get a note from a physician regarding a certain medical condition, the note is good for three months. So if you got a letter that was dated August 6th, 2019, today is the last day that MAC (Medical Assessment Center) would accept it. Now if you got a letter dated August 11th, 2019, then this Friday, November 8th would be the last day that they would accept it, since Monday is a holiday (Veterans Day).

As far as cristcdl.com is concerned, I agree 100%!! Although they still have new features, which I still have to tried out, I successfully used this site to get all of the endorsements, except for Metal Coil and Tow Truck.

so I received the employment letter today inviting me to come to 180 Livingston on the 12th, and I'm pretty sure this has been answered but just so I'm 1000% sure... I have 10 points on my license for 2 separate speeding tickets and I do not have my CDL license or permit... there is no way I would get accepted correct?

1 hour ago, FLeXxX said:

so I received the employment letter today inviting me to come to 180 Livingston on the 12th, and I'm pretty sure this has been answered but just so I'm 1000% sure... I have 10 points on my license for 2 separate speeding tickets and I do not have my CDL license or permit... there is no way I would get accepted correct?

What's your list number if you don't mind me asking? ( please don't forget to hide the last digit or two for privacy reasons.)

1 hour ago, FLeXxX said:

Correct. You need to have at max four [4] points. As a reminder, those "Defensive Driving Classes" do not count.

Just now, FLeXxX said:

1,59x

Thanks for sharing!!

5 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Correct. You need to have at max four [4] points. As a reminder, those "Defensive Driving Classes" do not count.

Thanks for sharing!!

yeaaaaa so no point in going, big f up on my part

Edited by FLeXxX

7 hours ago, FLeXxX said:

yeaaaaa so no point in going, big f up on my part

Next time hire a lawyer, don’t ever plead guilty on your tickets if it invoke points. Always hire a lawyer no matter how guilty you are.

i gotten off a cell phone ticket and an 80mph zone in a 40 mph zone. No points, tickets dismissed!!! 

Both of them i em I was super guilty lol 

Update on my end,i got medical coming up this tuesday the 12th,i apparently missed a medical on nov 2nd which they said they sent an email which i never received(checked spam and all).She said if medical goes well next class is Nov 25th.Cant stress if you feel something aint right,CALL CALL CALL these folks up.List 12*1

Edited by Cactus683
add list number

On 11/7/2019 at 3:56 PM, Cactus683 said:

Update on my end,i got medical coming up this tuesday the 12th,i apparently missed a medical on nov 2nd which they said they sent an email which i never received(checked spam and all).She said if medical goes well next class is Nov 25th.Cant stress if you feel something aint right,CALL CALL CALL these folks up.List 12*1

@cactus683. See you Tuesday got email 15xx