B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cactus683 said:

There saying i should be in the 25th class but that's pending because of the third drug test I had to take yesterday depending how long that takes to eat back hope so .

Well Im sure it will work out. If not whats another month or two. It has been a long time since we paid for the exam. Good luck!!! let us know whats up.

2 hours ago, Cactus683 said:

There saying i should be in the 25th class but that's pending because of the third drug test I had to take yesterday depending how long that takes to eat back hope so .

what's your list number if you don't mind me asking? ( don't forget to hide the last digit or two)

Hi everyone. I got this notice to start the process in june but did not follow through because i got an offer with DSNY (Sanitation mechanic). Few months prior to this. I really dont like the job anymore due to its ethics and practices. I called the number on the hire packet and they said im no longer on the list. I had to go to DCAS in the city to get reinstated. My list number is 9**. They said im getting reinstated and how it will take a week to be put back on.  My question is do you guys think they will hire again off the 7612 list again in the near future? Also where would i stand on the list to get an offer again? I see they are up to 1400 on the hire list.

Edited by +Young+

2 hours ago, Bklynjohn718 said:

Hi everyone. I got this notice to start the process in june but did not follow through because i got an offer with DSNY (Sanitation mechanic). Few months prior to this. I really dont like the job anymore due to its ethics and practices. I called the number on the hire packet and they said im no longer on the list. I had to go to DCAS in the city to get reinstated. My list number is 9**. They said im getting reinstated and how it will take a week to be put back on.  My question is do you guys think they will hire again off the 7612 list again in the near future? Also where would i stand on the list to get an offer again? I see they are up to 1400 on the hire list.

First of all, welcome to the Forums!! As a general rule of thumb, can you please hide the last digit or two of your list number in order to hide your identity on this public forum? As an example, since this list contains 2,847 people, if your specific list number is 3,925, you can identify your list number as "in the 3,900s" or "3,9xx" or something to this nature.

For those who reinstate their name to the list, it will take DCAS approximately a week to reinstate you to the list. You should receive something in the mail from them indicating such. As far as hiring off of this list again in the near future, it depends on the needs of the Department of Buses. There is a class starting November 25th, so I personally think they are temporarily on the 'good' side. In addition, have you checked out this website? If you type either your last name or "Bus Operator" or "07612" into the search box on the top right, you'll know when the agency requested the next batch of candidates from DCAS. From my experience, the website will give you a 'heads-up' before you get the letter in the mail inviting you down for employment processing.

As far as where you stand on the list, the good news is that your list number remains the same. Therefore, with the fact that they have hired approximately up to the 1400s on the list and they are up to the 1700s as far as the first pre-employment and the drug test are concerned, when they request the next batch of candidates from DCAS, you, along with everyone else who has a smaller list number than the 1400s who restored their name to the list as well will have first priority over those whose list number is higher. Again, this all comes down to your list number, which is permanent until the list expires.

Good luck and once again, welcome!!

Hi everyone,  

I just came across this forum doing some searching online and happy I found it.  I did my pre-employment on Friday, Nov 15th along with the drug test. Wasn’t expecting to be called so fast (1 year).  I did get my CDL over the summer so that’s a plus.  Now just waiting to be called for medical when ch I was told can take 3-90 days.  

I do have a question for those who know.  When doing the 10 day training in Zerega approximately what are the times I’ll be there? Are they 8, 10 or 12 hour training days? TIA

On 11/16/2019 at 8:13 PM, Br00klynHappiness said:

Hi everyone,  

I just came across this forum doing some searching online and happy I found it.  I did my pre-employment on Friday, Nov 15th along with the drug test. Wasn’t expecting to be called so fast (1 year).  I did get my CDL over the summer so that’s a plus.  Now just waiting to be called for medical when ch I was told can take 3-90 days.  

I do have a question for those who know.  When doing the 10 day training in Zerega approximately what are the times I’ll be there? Are they 8, 10 or 12 hour training days? TIA

Hi. I see you said you got your cdl over the summer. Do you have any restrictions on it?  My cdl license has 3 restrictions. A3 (med cert exemption), K (no operation outside nys), and E (no manual trans). Mta says no restrictions but was wondering if they told you anything during the hire process about the cdl license. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Bklynjohn718 said:

Hi. I see you said you got your cdl over the summer. Do you have any restrictions on it?  My cdl license has 3 restrictions. A3 (med cert exemption), K (no operation outside nys), and E (no manual trans). Mta says no restrictions but was wondering if they told you anything during the hire process about the cdl license. Thank you.

The restrictions that you listed are acceptable for the 10-day training session. If you read the Notice of Examination carefully, on the top of page two, it says "no restrictions that would disqualify you from performing the duties of this position." Therefore, for those living in New York, if you have a L, N1 or N2 restriction, you will have a problem. However, with the restrictions that you have listed, you will be fine for employment processing and the 10-day training session.

For New York State residents, click here and scroll to the second page for the full list of endorsements and restrictions.

**For New Jersey residents, here are the endorsements and restrictions (scroll down towards the middle portion of the page).

**For those living in Connecticut, all of the information can be found here.

**For those living in Pennsylvania, all of the information can be found here towards the bottom of the page.

** = Note that for New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania residents, only a valid CDL (not a permit) with an abstract which is less than 30 calendar days old will be acceptable. NYC Transit will not accept a CDL from any other state, other than what is listed above.

Edited by +Young+

1 hour ago, Bklynjohn718 said:

I was going to post something similar to what Young posted above about the Notice of Examination.  I have 2 restrictions but that will not disqualify me from my job duties for this position.  Also the office didn’t mention anything to me about my license.

5 hours ago, +Young+ said:

The restrictions that you listed are acceptable for the 10-day training session. If you read the Notice of Examination carefully, on the top of page two, it says "no restrictions that would disqualify you from performing the duties of this position." Therefore, for those living in New York, if you have a L, N1 or N2 restriction, you will have a problem. However, with the restrictions that you have listed, you will be fine for employment processing and the 10-day training session.

For New York State residents, click here and scroll to the second page for the full list of endorsements and restrictions.

**For New Jersey residents, here are the endorsements and restrictions (scroll down towards the middle portion of the page).

**For those living in Connecticut, all of the information can be found here.

**For those living in Pennsylvania, all of the information can be found here towards the bottom of the page.

** = Note that for New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania residents, only a valid CDL (not a permit) with an abstract which is less than 30 calendar days old will be acceptable. NYC Transit will not accept a CDL from any other state, other than what is listed above.

Thank you for help with the info you provided. Your a great help.