Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
+Young+

B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 11/6/2019

The list for this exam has been published as of October 17th, 2018. To view your list number, click here and type either "7612" or your last name in the search box on the top right followed by "enter" to view your results.

In addition, here is the Notice of Examination for this specific exam in case anyone needs this for future reference.

PAY: $23.84 to start, raises to $34.06

TRAINING: See this thread for more information.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1700s); For Medical: (Last Known - 14xx)

NEXT SCHEDULED CLASS: November 25th

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Good luck!!

Message added by +Young+

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Cactus683 said:

It was a quick day that day I did my medical and another drug test and was out by 1300.Best of luck!

Thanks so you got into the class this month?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, trigger said:

Thanks so you got into the class this month?

There saying i should be in the 25th class but that's pending because of the third drug test I had to take yesterday depending how long that takes to eat back hope so .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cactus683 said:

There saying i should be in the 25th class but that's pending because of the third drug test I had to take yesterday depending how long that takes to eat back hope so .

Well Im sure it will work out. If not whats another month or two. It has been a long time since we paid for the exam. Good luck!!! let us know whats up.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, trigger said:

Well Im sure it will work out. If not whats another month or two. It has been a long time since we paid for the exam. Good luck!!! let us know whats up.

Yep it will come eventually!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trigger said:

Went to P/E Tuesday the 11/12/19 got there at 7am and was done by 11:30am. Hopefully get a call for medical soon!!!

what's your list number if you don't mind me asking? ( don't forget to hide the last digit or two) 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cactus683 said:

There saying i should be in the 25th class but that's pending because of the third drug test I had to take yesterday depending how long that takes to eat back hope so .

what's your list number if you don't mind me asking? ( don't forget to hide the last digit or two)

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, train1290 said:

what's your list number if you don't mind me asking? ( don't forget to hide the last digit or two)

My list number is 12*1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cactus683 said:

It was a quick day that day I did my medical and another drug test and was out by 1300.Best of luck!

Are you cleared for the next class?

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sisslims29 said:

Are you cleared for the next class?

Pending drug test,I had to take a third one since it was expired,they said I should make the 25th class

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Cactus683 said:

Pending drug test,I had to take a third one since it was expired,they said I should make the 25th class

Once you are cleared of everything else...you will make the 11/25 class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, train1290 said:

what's your list number if you don't mind me asking? ( don't forget to hide the last digit or two) 

high 15** 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Cactus683 said:

Just got the call for final processing next Tuesday coming up.Will be in the Nov 25th class

Congrats!! And don't forget about the handouts for the initial 10-day training session.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, anyone has an idea of the traunjng schedule

 

how many days the train at the classes? 10

From 7am to xx?

Monday to Friday? Is it on 10 consecutive days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone. I got this notice to start the process in june but did not follow through because i got an offer with DSNY (Sanitation mechanic). Few months prior to this. I really dont like the job anymore due to its ethics and practices. I called the number on the hire packet and they said im no longer on the list. I had to go to DCAS in the city to get reinstated. My list number is 9**. They said im getting reinstated and how it will take a week to be put back on.  My question is do you guys think they will hire again off the 7612 list again in the near future? Also where would i stand on the list to get an offer again? I see they are up to 1400 on the hire list.

Edited by +Young+
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bklynjohn718 said:

Hi everyone. I got this notice to start the process in june but did not follow through because i got an offer with DSNY (Sanitation mechanic). Few months prior to this. I really dont like the job anymore due to its ethics and practices. I called the number on the hire packet and they said im no longer on the list. I had to go to DCAS in the city to get reinstated. My list number is 9**. They said im getting reinstated and how it will take a week to be put back on.  My question is do you guys think they will hire again off the 7612 list again in the near future? Also where would i stand on the list to get an offer again? I see they are up to 1400 on the hire list.

First of all, welcome to the Forums!! As a general rule of thumb, can you please hide the last digit or two of your list number in order to hide your identity on this public forum? As an example, since this list contains 2,847 people, if your specific list number is 3,925, you can identify your list number as "in the 3,900s" or "3,9xx" or something to this nature.

For those who reinstate their name to the list, it will take DCAS approximately a week to reinstate you to the list. You should receive something in the mail from them indicating such. As far as hiring off of this list again in the near future, it depends on the needs of the Department of Buses. There is a class starting November 25th, so I personally think they are temporarily on the 'good' side. In addition, have you checked out this website? If you type either your last name or "Bus Operator" or "07612" into the search box on the top right, you'll know when the agency requested the next batch of candidates from DCAS. From my experience, the website will give you a 'heads-up' before you get the letter in the mail inviting you down for employment processing.

As far as where you stand on the list, the good news is that your list number remains the same. Therefore, with the fact that they have hired approximately up to the 1400s on the list and they are up to the 1700s as far as the first pre-employment and the drug test are concerned, when they request the next batch of candidates from DCAS, you, along with everyone else who has a smaller list number than the 1400s who restored their name to the list as well will have first priority over those whose list number is higher. Again, this all comes down to your list number, which is permanent until the list expires.

Good luck and once again, welcome!!

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hi everyone,  

I just came across this forum doing some searching online and happy I found it.  I did my pre-employment on Friday, Nov 15th along with the drug test. Wasn’t expecting to be called so fast (1 year).  I did get my CDL over the summer so that’s a plus.  Now just waiting to be called for medical when ch I was told can take 3-90 days.  

I do have a question for those who know.  When doing the 10 day training in Zerega approximately what are the times I’ll be there? Are they 8, 10 or 12 hour training days? TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 8:13 PM, Br00klynHappiness said:

 

Hi everyone,  

I just came across this forum doing some searching online and happy I found it.  I did my pre-employment on Friday, Nov 15th along with the drug test. Wasn’t expecting to be called so fast (1 year).  I did get my CDL over the summer so that’s a plus.  Now just waiting to be called for medical when ch I was told can take 3-90 days.  

I do have a question for those who know.  When doing the 10 day training in Zerega approximately what are the times I’ll be there? Are they 8, 10 or 12 hour training days? TIA

Hi. I see you said you got your cdl over the summer. Do you have any restrictions on it?  My cdl license has 3 restrictions. A3 (med cert exemption), K (no operation outside nys), and E (no manual trans). Mta says no restrictions but was wondering if they told you anything during the hire process about the cdl license. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bklynjohn718 said:

Hi. I see you said you got your cdl over the summer. Do you have any restrictions on it?  My cdl license has 3 restrictions. A3 (med cert exemption), K (no operation outside nys), and E (no manual trans). Mta says no restrictions but was wondering if they told you anything during the hire process about the cdl license. Thank you.

The restrictions that you listed are acceptable for the 10-day training session. If you read the Notice of Examination carefully, on the top of page two, it says "no restrictions that would disqualify you from performing the duties of this position." Therefore, for those living in New York, if you have a L, N1 or N2 restriction, you will have a problem. However, with the restrictions that you have listed, you will be fine for employment processing and the 10-day training session.

For New York State residents, click here and scroll to the second page for the full list of endorsements and restrictions.

**For New Jersey residents, here are the endorsements and restrictions (scroll down towards the middle portion of the page).

**For those living in Connecticut, all of the information can be found here.

**For those living in Pennsylvania, all of the information can be found here towards the bottom of the page.

** = Note that for New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania residents, only a valid CDL (not a permit) with an abstract which is less than 30 calendar days old will be acceptable. NYC Transit will not accept a CDL from any other state, other than what is listed above.

Edited by +Young+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bklynjohn718 said:

Hi. I see you said you got your cdl over the summer. Do you have any restrictions on it?  My cdl license has 3 restrictions. A3 (med cert exemption), K (no operation outside nys), and E (no manual trans). Mta says no restrictions but was wondering if they told you anything during the hire process about the cdl license. Thank you.

I was going to post something similar to what Young posted above about the Notice of Examination.  I have 2 restrictions but that will not disqualify me from my job duties for this position.  Also the office didn’t mention anything to me about my license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, +Young+ said:

The restrictions that you listed are acceptable for the 10-day training session. If you read the Notice of Examination carefully, on the top of page two, it says "no restrictions that would disqualify you from performing the duties of this position." Therefore, for those living in New York, if you have a L, N1 or N2 restriction, you will have a problem. However, with the restrictions that you have listed, you will be fine for employment processing and the 10-day training session.

For New York State residents, click here and scroll to the second page for the full list of endorsements and restrictions.

**For New Jersey residents, here are the endorsements and restrictions (scroll down towards the middle portion of the page).

**For those living in Connecticut, all of the information can be found here.

**For those living in Pennsylvania, all of the information can be found here towards the bottom of the page.

** = Note that for New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania residents, only a valid CDL (not a permit) with an abstract which is less than 30 calendar days old will be acceptable. NYC Transit will not accept a CDL from any other state, other than what is listed above.

Thank you for help with the info you provided. Your a great help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bklynjohn718 said:

Thank you for help with the info you provided. Your a great help.

You're welcome!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.