B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Deirdre0407 said:

Can you guys refresh my memory on how to pay for your cdl road test without  scheduling it? My fiancé just qualified  and I can’t remember how to do it. Thanks so much!!

Click here and here for more information. Hopefully those particular webpages will be helpful. I personally got my CDL in 2014 & 2015, so things have changed since then.

4 hours ago, trigger said:

This may seem a bit off topic but when driving articulated buses in nyc, do you need to have Class A license as the articulated buses seem to have the combination set up?  

No, the Class B CDL will suffice. According to this DMV handout, the Class A is for a tractor-trailer or a truck-trailer combination with the Gross Combination Weight Rating of more than 26,000 lbs.

By the way, good luck to those who reported to Zerega for Day "Zero" today!! Hopefully the parking wasn't that bad since the adjacent School Bus companies were closed. In addition, as if I can not stress this enough, don't forget about those handouts!!

Edited by +Young+

Just now, +Young+ said:

Click here for more information. Hopefully that particular webpage will be helpful. I personally got my CDL in 2014 & 2015, so things have changed since then.

No, the Class B CDL will suffice. According to this DMV handout, the Class A is for a tractor-trailer or a truck-trailer combination with the Gross Combination Weight Rating of more than 26,000 lbs.

By the way, good luck to those who reported to Zerega for Day "Zero" today!! Hopefully the parking wasn't that bad since the adjacent School Bus companies were closed. In addition, as if I can not stress this enough, don't forget about those handouts!!

Parking was great I got here 2 hours early just in case,we on lunch now,thanks @+Young+

On 11/7/2019 at 3:56 PM, Cactus683 said:

Update on my end,i got medical coming up this tuesday the 12th,i apparently missed a medical on nov 2nd which they said they sent an email which i never received(checked spam and all).She said if medical goes well next class is Nov 25th.Cant stress if you feel something aint right,CALL CALL CALL these folks up.List 12*1

hello every one i was on medical hold on November 8th on then i went back november 12  to livingston st and they took me off of medical hold but couldnt get in the class for november 25th because it was too late do anyone knows when the next class will be?

31 minutes ago, reesealeo said:

hello every one i was on medical hold on November 8th on then i went back november 12  to livingston st and they took me off of medical hold but couldnt get in the class for november 25th because it was too late do anyone knows when the next class will be?

Why did they put you on medical hold if you don't mind me asking. 

On 11/7/2019 at 3:56 PM, Cactus683 said:

Update on my end,i got medical coming up this tuesday the 12th,i apparently missed a medical on nov 2nd which they said they sent an email which i never received(checked spam and all).She said if medical goes well next class is Nov 25th.Cant stress if you feel something aint right,CALL CALL CALL these folks up.List 12*1

hey i was wondering can i message you?

32 minutes ago, Br00klynHappiness said:

Hi everyone,

Quick question regarding the CPD-B Document (21 pages)..  If I need more Employment pages then given, do I just make a copy of one of them or do I have to get them from somewhere else?  I need about 4 more pages.

You can either make a copy or click here and print what you need (in the long run, it's the same thing). If you happen to use the URL link, you can find it in the green announcement that is located on the top of this page.

Edited by +Young+

Hello

I was graduated high school in other country

When i see CPD-B . About education section say  if you foreign education then need dp-404 form. But exam 7612 say no education experience.. so when i make CPD-B then just skip or need dp-404 form?

From post 29224 in BUS - Random Thoughts Thread:

2 hours ago, Realita19 said:

Hello, I need someone to help me and hopefully Seveneleven or someone with experience can help mr out.

I just passed the 7-10 training and I was thinking about joining a depot on S.I. my concern and for that one has to drive express lines and I have no experience driving those bigger buses only the regular local ones.

Do we get any additional training to drive those buses?

Is a big difference between local and express buses? Im really stressed about it.

Congratulations on passing the 10 Day Training!

If you are considering a transfer to Staten Island, you will be driving the 45' coach buses,  likely the Prevosts or an MCI bus (Charleston/Castleton) for the first couple of years (after two, if you really dislike express you probably can *probably* pick straight local work). You will receive a separate express line training which will start off with driving through the HLC Tunnel between Brooklyn and Manhattan as well as doing some of the routes. They have changed the training since I completed it about three years ago, so I cannot accurately advise you of what to expect.

There are differences, you have an additional five feet so you will have to take turns slightly differently, the bus is taller so you will have to take into consideration tree branches and signs. Driving express buses will be driving less people, but more distance.

I can confirm, december 9th class was cancelled. And It may be because of the holidays.  I am off the medical hold. The same day they took me off medical hold, I reinstated myself back on or I went to DCAS to reinstate myself immediately.  No rush. I took drug test in november. Im going to call and ask when I gotta take another one. Medical is good for 3 months I heard.

ALSO, I read some of the twu local 100 updated contracts. I am not sure, but I think they are going to move training for bus operators to brooklyn. But I am not sure. I dont understand some of the lingo/mta abbreivations.  I could be wrong.

Edited by Moody

42 minutes ago, Moody said:

I can confirm, december 9th class was cancelled. And It may be because of the holidays.  I am off the medical hold. The same day they took me off medical hold, I reinstated myself back on or I went to DCAS to reinstate myself immediately.  No rush. I took drug test in november. Im going to call and ask when I gotta take another one. Medical is good for 3 months I heard.

ALSO, I read some of the twu local 100 updated contracts. I am not sure, but I think they are going to move training for bus operators to brooklyn. But I am not sure. I dont understand some of the lingo/mta abbreivations.  I could be wrong.

Yes, medical is good for three months. As far as the lingo and/or abbreviations you don't understand, feel free to create a new topic/thread in the correct section of the website and we'll be happy to help you out.

As a friendly reminder, your list number for this exam is in the 1400's.

Hello everyone,

Just want to know for Pre-employment how far back do they want your employment history, and if you can't remember all of your employment history where would you go to get this information?

Can you get this information the same day you request it?

Thank You

48 minutes ago, hh1a said:

Hello everyone,

Just want to know for Pre-employment how far back do they want your employment history, and if you can't remember all of your employment history where would you go to get this information?

Can you get this information the same day you request it?

Thank You

They want it from the time you graduated high school. If you don't remember all of this information, you can go to the local Social Security office to get a printout. It costs $115, but it's worth it. Just note that they want your employment history in months and years. If you were unemployed for a month or two here or there, it's okay, just disclose it and note how you were supported during that time (spouse, family, savings, etc.)