Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
+Young+

B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 11/6/2019

The list for this exam has been published as of October 17th, 2018. To view your list number, click here and type either "7612" or your last name in the search box on the top right followed by "enter" to view your results.

In addition, here is the Notice of Examination for this specific exam in case anyone needs this for future reference.

PAY: $23.84 to start, raises to $34.06

TRAINING: See this thread for more information.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1700s); For Medical: (Last Known - 14xx)

NEXT SCHEDULED CLASS: November 25th

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Good luck!!

Message added by +Young+

Can you guys refresh my memory on how to pay for your cdl road test without  scheduling it? My fiancé just qualified  and I can’t remember how to do it. Thanks so much!!

Edited by Deirdre0407

This may seem a bit off topic but when driving articulated buses in nyc, do you need to have Class A license as the articulated buses seem to have the combination set up?  

7 hours ago, Deirdre0407 said:

Can you guys refresh my memory on how to pay for your cdl road test without  scheduling it? My fiancé just qualified  and I can’t remember how to do it. Thanks so much!!

Click here and here for more information. Hopefully those particular webpages will be helpful. I personally got my CDL in 2014 & 2015, so things have changed since then.

4 hours ago, trigger said:

This may seem a bit off topic but when driving articulated buses in nyc, do you need to have Class A license as the articulated buses seem to have the combination set up?  

No, the Class B CDL will suffice. According to this DMV handout, the Class A is for a tractor-trailer or a truck-trailer combination with the Gross Combination Weight Rating of more than 26,000 lbs.

By the way, good luck to those who reported to Zerega for Day "Zero" today!! Hopefully the parking wasn't that bad since the adjacent School Bus companies were closed. In addition, as if I can not stress this enough, don't forget about those handouts!!

Edited by +Young+
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, +Young+ said:

Click here for more information. Hopefully that particular webpage will be helpful. I personally got my CDL in 2014 & 2015, so things have changed since then.

No, the Class B CDL will suffice. According to this DMV handout, the Class A is for a tractor-trailer or a truck-trailer combination with the Gross Combination Weight Rating of more than 26,000 lbs.

By the way, good luck to those who reported to Zerega for Day "Zero" today!! Hopefully the parking wasn't that bad since the adjacent School Bus companies were closed. In addition, as if I can not stress this enough, don't forget about those handouts!!

Parking was great I got here 2 hours early just in case,we on lunch now,thanks @+Young+

1 minute ago, Cactus683 said:

Parking was great I got here 2 hours early just in case,we on lunch now,thanks @+Young+

You're welcome.

On 11/7/2019 at 3:56 PM, Cactus683 said:

Update on my end,i got medical coming up this tuesday the 12th,i apparently missed a medical on nov 2nd which they said they sent an email which i never received(checked spam and all).She said if medical goes well next class is Nov 25th.Cant stress if you feel something aint right,CALL CALL CALL these folks up.List 12*1

hello every one i was on medical hold on November 8th on then i went back november 12  to livingston st and they took me off of medical hold but couldnt get in the class for november 25th because it was too late do anyone knows when the next class will be?

31 minutes ago, reesealeo said:

hello every one i was on medical hold on November 8th on then i went back november 12  to livingston st and they took me off of medical hold but couldnt get in the class for november 25th because it was too late do anyone knows when the next class will be?

Why did they put you on medical hold if you don't mind me asking. 

Just now, sisslims29 said:

Why did they put you on medical hold if you don't mind me asking. 

They said my ekg wasn't normal so i had to do a stress test with my doctor and i was cleared 

On 11/7/2019 at 3:56 PM, Cactus683 said:

Update on my end,i got medical coming up this tuesday the 12th,i apparently missed a medical on nov 2nd which they said they sent an email which i never received(checked spam and all).She said if medical goes well next class is Nov 25th.Cant stress if you feel something aint right,CALL CALL CALL these folks up.List 12*1

hey i was wondering can i message you?

1 hour ago, Cactus683 said:

Sure can 

sorry they are saying i cant send any messages right now i just wanted to know what number did you call because i have not heard anything yet back from them

Hi everyone,

Quick question regarding the CPD-B Document (21 pages)..  If I need more Employment pages then given, do I just make a copy of one of them or do I have to get them from somewhere else?  I need about 4 more pages.

32 minutes ago, Br00klynHappiness said:

Hi everyone,

Quick question regarding the CPD-B Document (21 pages)..  If I need more Employment pages then given, do I just make a copy of one of them or do I have to get them from somewhere else?  I need about 4 more pages.

You can either make a copy or click here and print what you need (in the long run, it's the same thing). If you happen to use the URL link, you can find it in the green announcement that is located on the top of this page.

Edited by +Young+

30 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

You can either make a copy or click here and print what you need (in the long run, it's the same thing). If you happen to use the URL link, you can find it in the green announcement that is located on the top of this page.

Thanks Young, much appreciated.

Hello

I was graduated high school in other country

When i see CPD-B . About education section say  if you foreign education then need dp-404 form. But exam 7612 say no education experience.. so when i make CPD-B then just skip or need dp-404 form?

From post 29224 in BUS - Random Thoughts Thread:

2 hours ago, Realita19 said:

Hello, I need someone to help me and hopefully Seveneleven or someone with experience can help mr out.

I just passed the 7-10 training and I was thinking about joining a depot on S.I. my concern and for that one has to drive express lines and I have no experience driving those bigger buses only the regular local ones.

Do we get any additional training to drive those buses?

Is a big difference between local and express buses? Im really stressed about it.

Congratulations on passing the 10 Day Training!

If you are considering a transfer to Staten Island, you will be driving the 45' coach buses,  likely the Prevosts or an MCI bus (Charleston/Castleton) for the first couple of years (after two, if you really dislike express you probably can *probably* pick straight local work). You will receive a separate express line training which will start off with driving through the HLC Tunnel between Brooklyn and Manhattan as well as doing some of the routes. They have changed the training since I completed it about three years ago, so I cannot accurately advise you of what to expect.

There are differences, you have an additional five feet so you will have to take turns slightly differently, the bus is taller so you will have to take into consideration tree branches and signs. Driving express buses will be driving less people, but more distance.

hello guys i called the employment center and they had another class in December the 9th but was canceled i wondered why i never was called back for another drug test since its been a month i took one already