B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Are there any class in session at the moment, if so what day are you guys on and when did the class start?.... Trying to see if that current class will be the last class temporary since the dept of buses is on emergency slow down due to the virus epidemic. 

I'm in the March 16th class, and as far as my buddy told me he made it into the March 30th class. After that I don't know.

Hey guys. I was going to be in the March 30th class. But its been postponed. They said they will inform when the next available class will be as soon as possible. I hope I don't have to reinstate myself again and go back to 180 livingston. 

The DMV is also closed so even if we had class they suspended road tests. I think thats part of the reason why because some trainees need cdl B licenses after training. 

But its okay. We waited this long I'll have to wait a couple more weeks. I'm optimistic. 

This situation we are in is going to pass guys. We will get through this. Stay safe guys. Stay as much as you can indoors and away from other people. 

Tomorrow they're going to start a treatment plan for people that are sick. Theres like 3 types.  1 is an anti-malaria treatment thats been around decades. And another treatment that takes plasma from someone who is recovered and injected into the body and fights this corona virus.  And theres something else coming as well that I forgot what it is.

But anyway don't let the anxiety overwhelm you. The reason why they're freaking out is because how contagious it is and how it's unknown and how it could overwhelm a hospital.

Its still dangerous but just relax. The media and Mayor are still playing oogey boogie man. This mayor is the most incompetent mayer I have ever witnessed. Don't give in on his BS. He will give you more anxiety.

Stay safe guys. By the time we are in the next class its going to be nicer weather. 

1 hour ago, Moody said:

Hey guys. I was going to be in the March 30th class. But its been postponed. They said they will inform when the next available class will be as soon as possible. I hope I don't have to reinstate myself again and go back to 180 livingston.

The DMV is also closed so even if we had class they suspended road tests. I think thats part of the reason why because some trainees need cdl B licenses after training.

Stay safe guys. By the time we are in the next class its going to be nicer weather.

Thank you for the update. However, at the same time, as per the guidelines, if we can stay on-topic, it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Day 7, Passed for class 3-16-2020   Qualified for line training.  Not sure what happens next they gave me instructions for tomorrow but it feels good!!

The last 7 days of training I have been lysoling the bus before we use it!!!!!!! Hope everyone is staying safe out there.

1 minute ago, trigger said:

Day 7, Passed for class 3-16-2020   Qualified for line training.  Not sure what happens next they gave me instructions for tomorrow but it feels good!!

The last 7 days of training I have been lysoling the bus before we use it!!!!!!! Hope everyone is staying safe out there.

Congrats!!!! If you can please P.M. so i can get a little detail to the roads they took you guys. Once again Congrats and welcome to the family!, Tomorrow most likely you will meet up with others who qualified Day 7 to learn other Buses type. The ones that did not qualify on day 7 will continue with another Supt for training and etc...

4 minutes ago, trigger said:

Where are you going for line training?

1 minute ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Congrats!!!! If you can please P.M. so i can get a little detail to the roads they took you guys. Once again Congrats and welcome to the family!, Tomorrow most likely you will meet up with others who qualified Day 7 to learn other Buses type. The ones that did not qualify on day 7 will continue with another Supt for training and etc...

sure

1 minute ago, lornaevo said:

Where are you going for line training?

I do not know. my day 7 paper states that I qualified for line training but we have to report to a different depot tomorrow. was at queens village. Have to go to different one tomorrow. I did not get any remarks just a congrats and a pass. but i Beleive it may have something to do with the city being in an emergency.... Ill let you guys know whats up. The superintendent said that things are being done different with my class most likely because of the pandemic. 

1 hour ago, trigger said:

I do not know. my day 7 paper states that I qualified for line training but we have to report to a different depot tomorrow. was at queens village. Have to go to different one tomorrow. I did not get any remarks just a congrats and a pass. but i Beleive it may have something to do with the city being in an emergency.... Ill let you guys know whats up. The superintendent said that things are being done different with my class most likely because of the pandemic. 

Congrats. And which depot are you going to tomorrow?

5 hours ago, trigger said:

You usually go to Jamaica Depot for the Nova/Xcelsior training. I wonder what they'll be doing differently. Keep us posted!

6 hours ago, trigger said:

Congrats, and if you don't mind can you Private Message me the route which you did your day 7 qualification? ( IF you don't mind) Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

You usually go to Jamaica Depot for the Nova/Xcelsior training. I wonder what they'll be doing differently. Keep us posted!

probably spread out the students. some are going to jamaica and some are going to a few other depots. all with day 7 qualified. they just don't want us to congregate.

On 3/26/2020 at 5:22 AM, trigger said:

probably spread out the students. some are going to jamaica and some are going to a few other depots. all with day 7 qualified. they just don't want us to congregate.

Yeah it was to keep us spread out. Eventually we all met up by JFK and did learned a few different models of buses. The Xcelsior/nova is nice but the brake system is a bit different. Got used to it after a few stops but all in all its been good. have to go to a different depot monday. Still have not gotten to do a pick yet. There was a lot of people who had to go to day 9 and there are some that still have to go to day 10. I wish them well.  

Just now, trigger said:

Yeah it was to keep us spread out. Eventually we all met up by JFK and did learned a few different models of buses. The Xcelsior/nova is nice but the brake system is a bit different. Got used to it after a few stops but all in all its been good. have to go to a different depot monday. Still have not gotten to do a pick yet. There was a lot of people who had to go to day 9 and there are some that still have to go to day 10. I wish them well.  

Oh And to the permit Men and women. The MTA has a really great learning setup. Like top notch. If i was to compare with a driving school, your basically getting like 8000 bucks worth of driving school. You'll have plenty of time to learn the DMV road test and all that extra good stuff. We got to visit where they train. I am super impressed. 

On 3/23/2020 at 3:31 AM, dman1455 said:

I'm in the March 16th class, and as far as my buddy told me he made it into the March 30th class. After that I don't know.

Are they doing the March 30th

class?  I am in March 16th class as well.

Edited by trigger
misspelled

1 hour ago, trigger said:

You figured they would go somewhat easy on the students in a time like this instead of sending them to Day 9, or Day 10 for that matter respectively. By the way, where did you do your Day 7 Qualification?

4 hours ago, trigger said:

Are they doing the March 30th

class?  I am in March 16th class as well.

Then I probably saw you without you even knowing it lmfao..

They told us everything has been put on hold. There was supposed to be a class going in on the 30th but, it was postponed until further notice.

On 3/28/2020 at 8:04 AM, trigger said:

Oh And to the permit Men and women. The MTA has a really great learning setup. Like top notch. If i was to compare with a driving school, your basically getting like 8000 bucks worth of driving school. You'll have plenty of time to learn the DMV road test and all that extra good stuff. We got to visit where they train. I am super impressed. 

Also check out the YouTube tutorials. A few members on here have them posted. However, all training is suspended at this time.  Everyone here be safe. Pray for our brothers and sisters who are at the forefront working on these lines. Whether it’s surface-subways and buses  (NYCT) and (NYCT) and (MTA) bus. EVERYONE BE SAFE. 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾