B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

21 hours ago, train1290 said:

Guys, does any one know if the employment center is open? ( 180 Livingston street)

20 hours ago, +Young+ said:

I highly doubt it. During non-business hours, I periodically call Ms. Rivera's phone number (click here for the number), and her answering machine keeps saying over and over again that they will re-open on March 30th, 2020 which clearly hasn't happened.

If you want to double check, I would try to give them a call (347-643-8229/30/31/32) during business hours and see if you get an answer. If you're unsuccessful, then at least you did not waste your time going there for nothing.

Just a brief update:

As I type this at approximately 10:40 AM on Monday, April 6th, 2020, whenever I call them, I get a greeting which says "Our offices are temporarily closed. In the meantime, you can send an email message to employmentcenter@nyct.com. We will have limited access and will respond to you as quickly as possible. Thank you for calling New York City Transit. Please be safe."

In addition, as a side note, just be aware that they "don't work too hard." In the event you do not believe me, I would encourage you to read this and this post.

Edited by +Young+

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

Do you guys think this exam list will be extended due to the outbreak and shutdown?

Without initially expressing my opinion, let me share some facts with you folks:

-First of all, this particular list was established in October of 2018, and does not expire until October of 2022. So we still have at least another 2 years before the agency can even consider extending it.

-Second, just to recap what happened within the past eighteen months, from October of 2018 to April of 2020:

If you do your research and look back and the last few pages of this thread, as far as pre-employment processing, they are up to the 2300's. Out of the 2,847 names that are on this particular list, they are approximately 80 to 85% through the list, with the exception of those who restore their name to the list, in which your list number remains the same.

As far as the physical and/or medical is concerned, they are up to the 1700's, which means that they are approximately 60% through this list (divide 1709 by 2847 and move the decimal point two points to the right).

Surprisingly, according to these posts, they extended the prior list, Bus Operator Exam 4600 for another year until January 6th, 2021.

Therefore, in my opinion let's get to September/October of 2022 first and then we'll take it from there.

Edited by +Young+

Young, there's 2 guys for the March 30th class  thats from list 4600 that I met early March when I was at final processing. 

So not everyone for bus operator class in zerega is just from 7612 come march 30th class when it starts again.

Edited by Moody

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I'm wondering. If you had March 30th class and you were sworn in. Would your probation and seniority be affected ? Technically we were sworn in already ? So all these pandemic delays do they count against us? 

7 hours ago, Moody said:

Hey everyone. I'm wondering. If you had March 30th class and you were sworn in. Would your probation and seniority be affected ? Technically we were sworn in already ? So all these pandemic delays do they count against us? 

For class 3-16-2020 We are honored that, however we had already qualified as drivers. We have been sent home for the last month as well with pay.  Not everyone gets sworn in only the NYCTA does as its civil service so that is a good point.  Honestly I do not think so because your not on payroll yet or are you???.  Just my opinion though. Hopefully New York DMV opens up soon so that we can continue with our new careers!

1 minute ago, trigger said:

i guess, I did not get a call yet. I have Cdl as well.

Just now, trigger said:

Are You TA OR MABSTOA?

I'm OA and one of my classmates got told to come in on Tuesday so, it looks like they're splitting us up for whatever reason to do whatever. Gotta wait till Monday and see what's going on.

1 minute ago, dman1455 said:

I'm OA and one of my classmates got told to come in on Tuesday so, it looks like they're splitting us up for whatever reason to do whatever. Gotta wait till Monday and see what's going on.

Ok yeah. Sounds like it. I am TA. my friend thats same class is TA but no call yet either. But you guys originally applied a lot longer before exam 7612.  Let us know whats up

2 hours ago, trigger said:

i guess, I did not get a call yet. I have Cdl as well.

Did you get your CDL recently as in during COVD-19 🤔. I just got my permit and it is expiring in August. :( I want to get my CDL before they call me. I really dont want to have to study for the General and Air brakes and Passenger again.

2 hours ago, misslo said:

I just got my permit and it is expiring in August. :( I want to get my CDL before they call me. I really dont want to have to study for the General and Air brakes and Passenger again.

Mind I ask what method you used to study for your CLP (Commercial Learners Permit)? The reason why I'm asking is because, back in the day, I used cristcdl.com to help me study and pass those multiple-choice exams. To be specific, I used the website approximately 75 to 80% of the time, in which I made flash cards with the questions and answers by using index cards, and I read the manual approximately 20 to 25% of the time.

Even if you read this post, one of the other members on March 30th said "The cristcdl website has the same questions 90 percent of the time. If anything the dmv questions are easier than cristcdl."

In addition, you are aware that you are allowed to renew your CLP once without taking the exams again, correct?

Edited by +Young+
Typographical correction

3 hours ago, misslo said:

Did you get your CDL recently as in during COVD-19 🤔. I just got my permit and it is expiring in August. :( I want to get my CDL before they call me. I really dont want to have to study for the General and Air brakes and Passenger again.

No i had taken the CDL Road test a few years ago after i found out i passed exam 7612.  I do know that because of covid everything is on pause and that you will be granted a few extra months. I would read the NY DMV website to find out the details. As far as the road test i went to Ferrari driving school and did it that way but however MTA has a really great program if you just hold on and when you get in they will teach you everything you need to pass while getting paid instead of paying a driving school.  Also on top of all that. Before i got my cdl for bus and passenger  I  had been a truck driver class A. So when i went in I had a lot of experience driving large vehicles and it doesn't matter they are going to teach you how to drive an mta bus so weather you have cdl or not it was like learning how to drive again. 

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Mind I ask what method you used to study for your CLP (Commercial Learners Permit)? The reason why I'm asking is because, back in the day, I used cristcdl.com to help me study and pass those multiple-choice exams. To be specific, I used the website approximately 75 to 80% of the time, in which I made flash cards with the questions and answers by using index cards, and I read the manual approximately 20 to 25% of the time.

Even if you read this post, one of the other members on March 30th said "The cristcdl website has the same questions 90 percent of the time. If anything the dmv questions are easier than cristcdl."

In addition, you are aware that you are allowed to renew your CLP once without taking the exams again, correct?

Oh no I didnt know that. Yeah I studied from that website because of your past posts.

47 minutes ago, trigger said:

No i had taken the CDL Road test a few years ago after i found out i passed exam 7612.  I do know that because of covid everything is on pause and that you will be granted a few extra months. I would read the NY DMV website to find out the details. As far as the road test i went to Ferrari driving school and did it that way but however MTA has a really great program if you just hold on and when you get in they will teach you everything you need to pass while getting paid instead of paying a driving school.  Also on top of all that. Before i got my cdl for bus and passenger  I  had been a truck driver class A. So when i went in I had a lot of experience driving large vehicles and it doesn't matter they are going to teach you how to drive an mta bus so weather you have cdl or not it was like learning how to drive again. 

ok. thanks a lot

Thank you everyone for the updated infos. 

And yes if you have a cdl permit thats about to expire, you can renew it 1 time. And then you will have to take the exam over again. This all happened to me.

Cristcdl.com as of March when I took the exam are the same. And the DMV throws questions that are even easier for you so you can pass. I would say about 8 or 9 questions in general knowledge are common sense cdl questions.

Like this :

its always good to drink coffee to feel refreshed. 

A) Only sleep will help you feel refreshed 

B) Open the window to feel refreshed.

C) both

The obvious answer is A. They're will easy questions like this. So don't sweat it.