B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

2 hours ago, dman1455 said:

180 Livingston has been closed since March and should reopen this upcoming Monday. You technically can't get a permit till we're in Phase 3, to which if everything goes on time we should be in by July 6.

Excellent. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Myrv said:

I apologize for this post. I was only trying to help others. How do I have it removed? 

Don't worry about it. You're forgiven. Things happen, we all make mistakes here and there. Just try to refrain from doing it again.

Edited by +Young+

Yes all MTA offices will reopen July 6, 2020 according to the employee text that was sent out. As far as DMV in nyc,  read https://dmv.ny.gov/more-info/dmv-reopening-guidance.

I know for a fact bus operator class 3:16:2020  has started to get ball rolling again. I am still working on temp assignment for campaign disinfect all busses every 24 hours at mother clara hale depot.  Some of the permit folks have went to training center for DMV road test. 

I think as long as this virus/disease does not flare up as it horribly as it was they will START getting people in for final processing in July.

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies for 'bumping' this thread/topic, however I do have good news to share for those who do not yet have their Commercial Learners Permit (CLP).

Although there has been no recent movement on this particular list, most of the DMV locations within the tri-state are now open by appointment only. Before this pandemic and/or "nightmare" began, for the purposes of pre-employment and the first drug test, the agency's Human Resources Office was up to the 2300's. Therefore, since they have about 500 names to go before they move on to the next list, and since appointments at the DMV are going to be "hotcakes" in the foreseeable future, in my opinion, it would be a good idea to use "forward planning" to start preparing yourself to get the Commercial Learners Permit (CLP) sometime in the immediate future depending on appointment availability.

To make an appointment to take the multiple-choice exams, click here.

To practice some of the questions before going to the DMV, click here. Remember, the exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum are General Knowledge, Air Brake and Passenger Endorsement.

Good luck!! Stay safe and healthy!!

Edited by +Young+
Editing...

Incase anyone is wondering NYCT has requested 5000 names to fill 600 vacancies from exams 4600,7612, and 9604.

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Bus-Operator-Conductor-Track-Worker-Certifications/pjqi-8psc/data

And a new exam has been announced for MaBSTOA Bus Operator. Looks like it's about to be a hiring frenzy soon. 

I just got an email saying I have to recertify. Even though I got sworn in, a training date which was postponed. I emailed certification unit with my info. 

But I question this set up. Looks like an automated response. 

Sorry everybody I’m an idiot. The letter was from the MTA but it was my easy pay metrocard. I spoke to someone on the phone a few days ago and they said the offices were closed and I wouldn’t be receiving it anytime soon, so I assumed it wasn’t that. But it clearly says easy pay in the top left corner. Sorry guys I saw an MTA letter and got all excited. I’m just tired of my current situation and want in the MTA bad lol. 

On 7/6/2020 at 1:40 PM, +Young+ said:

My apologies for 'bumping' this thread/topic, however I do have good news to share for those who do not yet have their Commercial Learners Permit (CLP).

Although there has been no recent movement on this particular list, most of the DMV locations within the tri-state are now open by appointment only. Before this pandemic and/or "nightmare" began, for the purposes of pre-employment and the first drug test, the agency's Human Resources Office was up to the 2300's. Therefore, since they have about 500 names to go before they move on to the next list, and since appointments at the DMV are going to be "hotcakes" in the foreseeable future, in my opinion, it would be a good idea to use "forward planning" to start preparing yourself to get the Commercial Learners Permit (CLP) sometime in the immediate future depending on appointment availability.

To make an appointment to take the multiple-choice exams, click here.

To practice some of the questions before going to the DMV, click here. Remember, the exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum are General Knowledge, Air Brake and Passenger Endorsement.

Good luck!! Stay safe and healthy!!

My son was reinstated to list 7612 in January 2020. I was wondering where I can see an active list to make sure his name is in top as they said it would be. 

Also i would like to know when they plan on starting the hiring again from this list

Hi was wondering if anyone who got called early march 2020 has got a call back to do there pre employment process again since they opened on July 6th 2020. Ive emailed HR but no answer plus i called and they still have an automated message still.

thanks

steve

On 7/14/2020 at 9:18 AM, Slems said:

Hi was wondering if anyone who got called early march 2020 has got a call back to do there pre employment process again since they opened on July 6th 2020. Ive emailed HR but no answer plus i called and they still have an automated message still.

thanks

steve

A light maintainer. i went to pre-employment progress  and medical on february 27th, but no calls or emails until now.

20 minutes ago, Slems said:

After 30 days you have to Do pre employment paper again and drug test. 

The pre-employment paperwork, which can be viewed by clicking here, and the physical, in which more information is available by clicking here, are good for 90 calendar days. The drug (urine) tests are good for 30 calendar days.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Edited by +Young+
Editing...

Hi +Young+ have you heard anything about theM calling off exam 7612 again I’m list # 22** I was called in March  and went through the motions then COVID happened. I’m actually an OA operator trying to be TA so I could work on Staten Island 

Edited by +Young+
Identity purposes...

2 hours ago, Slems said:

Hi +Young+ have you heard anything about theM calling off exam 7612 again I’m list # 22** I was called in March and went through the motions then COVID happened. I’m actually an OA operator trying to be TA so I could work on Staten Island 

First, please do not reveal your entire list number. Between The Chief, the Active and Certification pages of the NYC Open Data website, and a few other webpages, the list is visible on the internet. Therefore, for your own safety, just reveal the first two digits. As an example, my list number for this exam is in the 1900s, or 19**.

Second, according to the Certification page, back on June 29th, 2020, the agency requested a total of 5,000 names to fill 600 vacancies. All of the names come off of Exams 4600, 7612 (this exam) and 9604. However, whenever I try to call the HR Office at 347-643-8230, I still get the answering machine in which "Our offices are temporarily closed," even though the 5 boroughs of NYC are in Phase 3 of the reopening.

In addition, you mentioned that you were called in March, right? Were you able to have paperwork looked over? Were you able to take a drug (urine) test?

Therefore, we'll see what happens as time progresses. If I have one word to say, it is "patience." I know it's hard, however that's all I have to say.

Edited by +Young+
Addition...

19 hours ago, cwing813 said:

does anyone know is transit freeze the hire so far?

With the current financial situation that the agency is in, all I'm going to say is "take and educated guess and go with it."

In addition, for those of you who are curious, I would invite you to try to call the Human Resources Office (347-643-8229/8230/8231/8232) and/or Ms. Emma Marie Rivera, the manager of Employment Operations, whose contact information can be obtained here.

Hopefully as time progresses we will learn more about the agency's financial situation and then we'll take it from there.

Also anyone who needs to be number reinstated on the list, you may do so by sending an email to LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov 

Provide them the following:

Name , Social , list number , exam number and exam title. They may also need a statement in regards to whatever issue that took your number off the list, and affirm that all is well...

ie: in my case, a license issue, I affirmed that my license is good and all issues resolved. 

10 hours ago, imtheogre said:

Also anyone who needs to be number reinstated on the list, you may do so by sending an email to LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov 

Provide them the following:

Name , Social , list number , exam number and exam title. They may also need a statement in regards to whatever issue that took your number off the list, and affirm that all is well...

You can also reinstate your name to the list using the email address that is provided in this post.