B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

On 7/28/2020 at 3:49 PM, Slems said:

Hey has anyone who is on 7612 received a call or a email from HR yet to redo there medical or pre-employment process?

Thanks

From what im hearing is they are processing mabstoa operators, and once they have an approval for another class they will start ringing in 7612. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Strong Finish said:

Hello,

inhave been trying to reinstate my list number for this title. isent a letter and email, last week but still no response. i get the automated message for DCAS, but i am wondering if anyone knows if 1 center street building is open. 

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Just so we are on the same page, you have e-mailed them and followed the instructions in this post, correct?

I have also reinstated my name to several lists via the e-mail address in this particular post and, from my experience, they usually do not send you a reply. Instead, they will mail you a receipt within a few weeks indicating that your name has been restored to the list.

One Centre Street in Lower Manhattan is open to employees and to normal day-to-day business, however, from what I read, it is closed to guests and visitors. Therefore, if you want to talk to somebody over the phone about this, I would call (212) 669 1357 at 9 AM sharp, Monday to Friday, with the exception of Labor Day, Columbus Day, etc. Hopefully at that time, you will be able to get someone on the phone, who will transfer you to the List Certification Unit and you can ask them about what your status is in restoring your name to this list.

Good luck!!

How’s it going I been trying to call and speak to someone and I finally got a hold of someone who told me to speak to a guy name Ronald Saint John but he never picks up for bus operator exam 7612 my appointment was suppose to be on March 22 2020 but because of COVID it slowed everthing down I hope I still get a chance to get in MTA 

7 hours ago, Bsalick1992 said:

How’s it going I been trying to call and speak to someone...

First of all, you are aware that March 22nd, 2020 fell on a Sunday, right? Therefore, I assume that your initial appointment was supposed to be held sometime in between March 23rd and March 27th, 2020.

Since this is a civil service exam, in which the list for this and all of the other civil service exams are regulated by DCAS, as I previously told another member, I would call DCAS to confirm that your name has not been removed from the list. Since you are not having any luck with Ronald Saint John from NYC Transit over the phone, this is your best bet. If you need the phone number and instructions on who to specifically talk to, click here and read the last paragraph. What's good is that, according to this post, the next Bus Operator Class for TA is scheduled for September, so hopefully all of this can be worked out before the HR Department requests the next "batch" of candidates from DCAS, which you can verify for yourself by clicking here and here (for the last link, type "Bus Operator" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen, followed by pressing "enter.")

Good luck!! 

Edited by +Young+
Addition...

The only thing I just want to do is confirm that there is a TA bus operator class coming. And the postponed class that I was in is being followed through. 

I spoke to zerega, they have no idea whens the next TA bus operator class is for 7612. He knows theres another bus operator class, and zerega is up and running, but doesnt know if its TA, or mabstoa. Even though we know its for mabstoa 9100.  Good luck reaching 180 livingston the guy said to call back in a month and hung up, I called another number, she gave me an another email to follow through and said the other guy didnt hang up they have phone problems. I called sooo many times, I emailed certification, and some other people. No response yet.  

I just want to know if im even  a number lol did they forget about me ? Am I erased ? I even reinstated myself last month even though I probably didn't even need it. And then after that certification said that I would be advised if, and when there will be a TA bus operator class. Doesn't even tell me if YES we know about you and we didn't forget about you. Hang in there. 

Just tell me if im there. Thats the only thing I want. 

9 hours ago, Moody said:

The only thing I just want to do is confirm that there is a TA bus operator class coming. And the postponed class that I was in is being followed through. 

I spoke to zerega, they have no idea whens the next TA bus operator class is for 7612. He knows theres another bus operator class, and zerega is up and running, but doesnt know if its TA, or mabstoa. Even though we know its for mabstoa 9100.  Good luck reaching 180 livingston the guy said to call back in a month and hung up, I called another number, she gave me an another email to follow through and said the other guy didnt hang up they have phone problems. I called sooo many times, I emailed certification, and some other people. No response yet.  

I just want to know if im even  a number lol did they forget about me ? Am I erased ? I even reinstated myself last month even though I probably didn't even need it. And then after that certification said that I would be advised if, and when there will be a TA bus operator class. Doesn't even tell me if YES we know about you and we didn't forget about you. Hang in there. 

Just tell me if im there. Thats the only thing I want. 

If they are going to resume from where they postponed, then you should be called in for the first class that resumes in the coming months.

All we can do is wait...

Hello members,

I know majority of the members are trying to figure out what's going with the hiring process and etc. Transit is undergoing finance crisis due to COVID19 epidemic. But since then transit lost 140+ front line employees due to COVID and still has a percent of employees who were infected by virus are still out of duty. The past months a large percentage of operators started to retire and some of the depots especially in Brooklyn were asking other operators if they wanted to transfer to a specific depot to cover the shortages of staff. 

Things are moving around and they will soon do a blitz of hiring. So far there have been 2 classes of current bus operators getting promoted into the supervisory role ”Dispatchers” and some current dispatchers moving up into the Superintendent role. That shows you that pretty soon the new hire class will resume soon. I can guarantee the dept of buses needs about 600+ of new bus operators to fill in vacancies. But it looks like they are first working with internal staffing arrangements before they can resume the blitz. 

1 hour ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Hello members,

I know majority of the members are trying to figure out what's going with the hiring process and etc. Transit is undergoing finance crisis due to COVID19 epidemic. But since then transit lost 140+ front line employees due to COVID and still has a percent of employees who were infected by virus are still out of duty. The past months a large percentage of operators started to retire and some of the depots especially in Brooklyn were asking other operators if they wanted to transfer to a specific depot to cover the shortages of staff. 

Things are moving around and they will soon do a blitz of hiring. So far there have been 2 classes of current bus operators getting promoted into the supervisory role ”Dispatchers” and some current dispatchers moving up into the Superintendent role. That shows you that pretty soon the new hire class will resume soon. I can guarantee the dept of buses needs about 600+ of new bus operators to fill in vacancies. But it looks like they are first working with internal staffing arrangements before they can resume the blitz. 

Thanks for the info. I hope things are safe for everyone.

28 minutes ago, Slems said:

Thanks Moody for the update, was wondering do you think there will start where they left off when it comes to the 7612 list? 

Yes they will. Hopefully will be next TA bus operator class since we were sworn in and then postponed. 

6 minutes ago, Slems said:

Ok great! I wasn’t in a class yet, I went for the first part the pre-employment and drug test I hope they will call me back to redo do it b/c it’s been over 30 days 

I hear yah. I have to renew my cdl permit. It expires in September. Made a reservation to the dmv.  You can't renew cdl permits online. And you can only do it once. After that you have to do the written or take the exam all over which I did in march. 

So this will be the second time I renew it.  My god this is such a ride. 

17 minutes ago, Moody said:

I hear yah. I have to renew my cdl permit. It expires in September. Made a reservation to the dmv.  You can't renew cdl permits online. And you can only do it once. After that you have to do the written or take the exam all over which I did in march. 

So this will be the second time I renew it.  My god this is such a ride. 

Are you sure it expires in September? According to this webpage, they have extended the expiration date for all licenses.

In addition, are you on Facebook? The reason why I'm asking is because I had trouble changing a few DMV appointments within the past month since I needed to renew my Hazmat endorsement, and, instead of calling them and being on hold for a long amount of time, I sent them a message on their Facebook page and, especially in the afternoon hours, they successfully got back to me within a short amount of time.

And if you need to make an appointment, click here for the link to do so.

Edited by +Young+

46 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Are you sure it expires in September? According to this webpage, they have extended the expiration date for all licenses.

In addition, are you on Facebook? The reason why I'm asking is because I had trouble changing a few DMV appointments within the past month since I needed to renew my Hazmat endorsement, and, instead of calling them and being on hold for a long amount of time, I sent them a message on their Facebook page and, especially in the afternoon hours, they successfully got back to me within a short amount of time.

And if you need to make an appointment, click here for the link to do so.

They did extend it. But I don't know if the mta would accept it. So I called this dmv number 718-966-6155 and the automated system allows it to call you back rather than wait on que. 

She said I can make an appointment and just renew since the last time I had to take the written test ( after my first renewed permit expired). I already made an appointment. She said you can't renew those permits online. 

I hope everyone checks their expiration dates on their licenses. It almost caught me off guard.

1 minute ago, Moody said:

They did extend it. But I don't know if the mta would accept it. So I called this dmv number 718-966-6155 and the automated system allows it to call you back rather than wait on que.

If I had to take an educated guess, I think they would accept it. If you want to double check, you can reach out to HR or someone at Zerega. The phone number that I have for Zerega is 347-643-5040. In addition, if the road test examiner would accept your expired Commercial Learners Permit (CLP), then I don't see why Zerega would give you a hard time over this.

In addition, if I was you, I would wait on renewing your permit, since you do have to take the multiple-choice exams the next time you renew it, however that's just me.

1 minute ago, +Young+ said:

If I had to take an educated guess, I think they would accept it. If you want to double check, you can reach out to HR or someone at Zerega. The phone number that I have for Zerega is 3-5040. In addition, if the road test examiner would accept your expired Commercial Learners Permit (CLP), then I don't see why Zerega would give you a hard time over this.

In addition, if I was you, I would wait on renewing your permit, since you do have to take the multiple-choice exams the next time you renew it, however that's just me.

I'm going to call and ask. Ill let you know.

Alright. Apparently after calling more than 10 times to 5 or 6 numbers. A gentleman on the phone said there will be another 7612 class real soon. Doesn't know about expire cdl permits. He said the hiring manager ronald st john is the one to speak too. 

Good luck reaching him lol. Last time I spoke to him was at 180 livingston. Really nice guy. So I emailed him. 

2 hours ago, Moody said:

Alright. Apparently after calling more than 10 times to 5 or 6 numbers. A gentleman on the phone said there will be another 7612 class real soon. Doesn't know about expire cdl permits. He said the hiring manager ronald st john is the one to speak too. 

Good luck reaching him lol. Last time I spoke to him was at 180 livingston. Really nice guy. So I emailed him. 

I have been trying to get in touch with mr ronald St. John can you share his email because I couldn’t understand it from his voicemail ... his voice was kind of distorted 

15 hours ago, Bsalick1992 said:

I have been trying to get in touch with mr ronald St. John can you share his email because I couldn’t understand it from his voicemail ... his voice was kind of distorted 

Not sure if we are allowed to share email on the forum.

You can however call them 180 livingston and have them give you it. 

20 hours ago, Bsalick1992 said:

When I was going through the process like 2 years ago I received an email to come in from (Ronald.SaintJean@nyct.com)

Again this was 2 years ago.. not sure if it's still the same, But worth a try. Good luck