B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Princess03 said:

i Just have a few more questions lol. Ive heard training is only TEN days? 10 days to learn to drive a bus?

If after the 10 days someone doesnt pass the driving test, their terminated? Or do We get another chance??

From what I've been reading on the forum, you only have that one chance during the 10 day training to pass. Also, I think there's a waiting period in order to be reconsidered for a B/O position. Maybe another forum member could clarify a bit more. Also, if you don't mind what's your list number? Remember to leave out the last 2 digits.

2 minutes ago, MTA MAC said:

From what I've been reading on the forum, you only have that one chance during the 10 day training to pass. Also, I think there's a waiting period in order to be reconsidered for a B/O position. Maybe another forum member could clarify a bit more. Also, if you don't mind what's your list number? Remember to leave out the last 2 digits.

I ended up going to day 8 and 9 and passing then ,you got till day 10 if you don't pass by 8 and 9 being if you pass on day 10 you only get one shot at the road test for the cdl instead of 2 shots if you passed on day 7 or ,,8 and 9.Just go in there thinking positive and don't let the supts get to you,some of them can be rough.Read read read your books

3 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

Oh wow, this makes me so nervous now. & My list number is 20**

3 hours ago, Cactus683 said:

I ended up going to day 8 and 9 and passing then ,you got till day 10 if you don't pass by 8 and 9 being if you pass on day 10 you only get one shot at the road test for the cdl instead of 2 shots if you passed on day 7 or ,,8 and 9.Just go in there thinking positive and don't let the supts get to you,some of them can be rough.Read read read your books

Is there a specific book for MTA buses to read or your suggesting read the regular cdl manual from dmv?

3 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

Yes, according to the rules of the agency, the waiting period is five [5] years.

4 hours ago, Princess03 said:

If after the 10 days someone doesnt pass the driving test, their terminated? Or do We get another chance??

Besides getting terminated, which is stated on the bottom of the fourth page of the Notice of Examination, a few other things will happen as well.

First, without your knowledge, the department in which you got terminated from, will produce a Memorandum with your name and former pass number in the subject line stating that you "are not recommended for rehire in another title." See the first picture below, in which I think the word "or" should be "are."

Second, if you successfully take and pass an exam for another title, even if it is for a MaBSTOA Bus Operator Position, you will get multiple "1-in-3" letters in the mail, which you can see in the second and third images below. Apparently, from the perspective of the Human Resources Department, also known as "Employment Operations," even though they are supposed to hire from a "list," and although this position and other positions such as Conductor, Station Agent, Track Worker, Train Operator, etc., are "civil service," they apparently get away with breaking the "civil service" rules and regulations while the applicants, which includes all of us, have to follow all of the "civil service" rules of the City of New York.

Resignation Notice.jpg

1-in-3 Vague Letter.jpg

1-in-3 MaBSTOA Letter.jpg

Edited by +Young+
Addition and Editing

1 hour ago, Princess03 said:

Is there a specific book for MTA buses to read or your suggesting read the regular cdl manual from dmv?

Are you familiar with the handouts? Until you get the Student Bus Operator Instruction Manual from Zerega, I would familiarize yourself with these handouts as much as possible. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+

13 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Yes, according to the rules of the agency, the waiting period is five [5] years.

Besides getting terminated, which is stated on the bottom of the fourth page of the Notice of Examination, a few other things will happen as well.

First, without your knowledge, the department in which you got terminated from, will produce a Memorandum with your name and former pass number in the subject line stating that you "are not recommended for rehire in another title." See the first picture below, in which I think the word "or" should be "are."

Second, if you successfully take and pass an exam for another title, even if it is for a MaBSTOA Bus Operator Position, you will get multiple "1-in-3" letters in the mail, which you can see in the second and third images below. Apparently, from the perspective of the Human Resources Department, also known as "Employment Operations," even though they are supposed to hire from a "list," and although this position and other positions such as Conductor, Station Agent, Track Worker, Train Operator, etc., are "civil service," they apparently get away with breaking the "civil service" rules and regulations while the applicants, which includes all of us, have to follow all of the "civil service" rules of the City of New York.

Resignation Notice.jpg

1-in-3 Vague Letter.jpg

1-in-3 MaBSTOA Letter.jpg

Hmm. When I failed training for exam 4105 a few years ago and had to resign, they told me it won't affect me getting hired in another title. 

Im currently a vested Train Operator. So either this memorandum is bs, or I'm one of the lucky ones who slipped through the cracks; otherwise they lied to my face.

Alright, we good now lol. I go tomorrow for medical. God willing ill pass that Ill see you guys sunday :)  I already did finger printing and the 21 page booklet in march.  So im ready to go.  Not nervous at all.  Im excited. 

Edited by Moody

17 minutes ago, Moody said:

Alright, we good now lol. I go tomorrow for medical. God willing ill pass that Ill see you guys sunday :)  I already did finger printing and the 21 page booklet in march.  So im ready to go.  Not nervous at all.  Im excited. 

Good luck!! Please keep us posted!!

Just an FYI to anyone attending training in Zerega this Sunday, September 27, 2020 or in the near future if it doesn't change.

You have to wear medium type work shoes with laces in all black , NO sneakers or slipper type shoes.  Pants have to be long dark blue (navy),  NO jeans or cargo pants.  Shirt has to be solid light blue button down with a collar, NO polos. Tie solid navy blue or black (I would find a clip-on one)

Hi everyone

I live in Queens and want to know if I could go to a DMV in Nassau County and apply to get a cdl permit?

Nassau has a few slots in early October.

The DMV website recommends doing business in the county that you live in, just wondering if there would be any problems in a different county like Nassau?

thanks

4 minutes ago, hh1a said:

Hi everyone

I live in Queens and want to know if I could go to a DMV in Nassau County and apply to get a cdl permit?

Nassau has a few slots in early October.

The DMV website recommends doing business in the county that you live in, just wondering if there would be any problems in a different county like Nassau?

thanks

I live in brooklyn, and drove to staten island to renew my permit. I don't think theres any issue.