B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Princess03 said:
On 9/24/2020 at 11:50 AM, Moody said:

So i see on the training paper they give us where it tells us what we’ll be learning during the 10 days.. says on day 10 we will be evaluated by 2 instructors? So if we decide to take the toad test early its only one instructor?

If you make it before day 10, you won't have to worry about day 10. Day 10 is only for those that didn't do to good on the previous days. That's why it says 2 instructors. And you don't decide to take the test earlier. What decides if you will have to go to day 10 or not is how well you perform on the previous days  Take it a day at a time. Good luck

1 hour ago, Mr NewFlyer said:

If you make it before day 10, you won't have to worry about day 10. Day 10 is only for those that didn't do to good on the previous days. That's why it says 2 instructors. And you don't decide to take the test earlier. What decides if you will have to go to day 10 or not is how well you perform on the previous days  Take it a day at a time. Good luck

Oh okay thank you. How long would you say the road test is? i watched a vid on youtube looks like they make us drive through co op city then back to zerega? what do they test us on

7 hours ago, Princess03 said:

Oh okay thank you. How long would you say the road test is? i watched a vid on youtube looks like they make us drive through co op city then back to zerega? what do they test us on

Road test I'm not sure. Because when I did the training with them I already had a CDL. Maybe someone else that got the cdl through them could answer that one. 

Have a look at post 372

That's my class mate. He went in with only a permit and got the license through them.

From my experience going through the training. I would say listen and do everything as they say. They will give you everything you need to pass. Don't over think it. It's very difficult. But with focus and determination you can pass it

Edited by Mr NewFlyer
Typo

On 9/24/2020 at 6:35 PM, hh1a said:

Hi everyone

I live in Queens and want to know if I could go to a DMV in Nassau County and apply to get a cdl permit?

Nassau has a few slots in early October.

The DMV website recommends doing business in the county that you live in, just wondering if there would be any problems in a different county like Nassau?

thanks

Sometimes DMV advice is not the fondest. I have an Orange County New York address and I do all my DMV business in Manhattan b/c they move very fast where as in Orange County they move very slow. 

14 minutes ago, Slems said:

Hey everyone, has any in the list #s 21** and higher get the call for the drug test yet. After I emailed my application they said they would notify me it has been about a week and half I haven’t heard from them

thanks

Nothing yet, we're in the same list number range #21xx. Hopefully soon.

Hi,

I remember reading a post about wanting to work in Staten Island, but I think they mentioned something about when applying for a CDL permit you need to get the Intrastate one because some routes go into NJ?

Could someone clarify that?

and also how difficult is it to transfer to Staten Island if I live in Queens?

thank you

28 minutes ago, hh1a said:

Hi,

I remember reading a post about wanting to work in Staten Island, but I think they mentioned something about when applying for a CDL permit you need to get the Intrastate one because some routes go into NJ?

thank you

or if someone could link me to the correct post that answers this.

thanks

14 minutes ago, Princess03 said:

First day of training for me was yesterday. And let me tell you, it was not easy lol. Two of my classmates came from driving school buses and them too, said driving the mta bus is hard and not the same at all. For all my new trainees how are you liking it?

Tell your classmates who drove school buses to throw that out the window and go in there like they never drove a bus at all.Best of luck to you guys 

On 9/24/2020 at 6:35 PM, hh1a said:

Hi everyone

I live in Queens and want to know if I could go to a DMV in Nassau County and apply to get a cdl permit?

Nassau has a few slots in early October.

The DMV website recommends doing business in the county that you live in, just wondering if there would be any problems in a different county like Nassau?

thanks

It doesn't matter what DMV office you go to as they are all run by the state- I usually go to the Garden City location since it's pretty easy to go in and out

12 hours ago, hh1a said:

Hi,

thank you

You can roll with the Interstate one that gives you the A3 restriction. You only need the medical certificate if you a) pick into Yukon AND b) pick something that will gives you the possibility of working the S89. (XL or VR)

If not, you don't need it. I've had the A3 restriction on since I've been at SI.

As for transferring to SI, you will sign a transfer request on your first day at Zerega indicating that you want to do so. You give it back and whenever we have space for you, is when we will come and kidnap you. Could be weeks, months or you might just get lucky and get sent here from jump. Either which way, it's all in the transfer request. 

18 hours ago, Princess03 said:

First day of training for me was yesterday. And let me tell you, it was not easy lol. Two of my classmates came from driving school buses and them too, said driving the mta bus is hard and not the same at all. For all my new trainees how are you liking it?

Who is your instructor and which depot are you training at?

Just received an email to report to 180 Livingston Street. Not sure if it's just for the drug test or not. Anyone else receive an email? List 21xx. Thanks...

MTA New York City Transit is considering you for a position as a Bus Operator and invites you to our facility at M T A New York City Transit 1 8 0 Livingston 5th Floor Brooklyn, NY 11201 (between Smith and Hoyt Streets), 5th floor on Friday, October 09, 2020 at 9:00 to continue the pre-employment process.

CONGRATS to everyone (Including myself) who qualified early today, on our 7th day. This was a very tough, emotional week. For those who didnt pass and need additional practice, dont feel discouraged. Take a deep breath and USE THOSE REFERENCES when making those turns. Good luck ☺️ 

1 hour ago, Princess03 said:

CONGRATS to everyone (Including myself) who qualified early today, on our 7th day. This was a very tough, emotional week. For those who didnt pass and need additional practice, dont feel discouraged. Take a deep breath and USE THOSE REFERENCES when making those turns. Good luck ☺️ 

Wow!! That's great, congratulations!!

2 hours ago, Princess03 said:

Congrats, great to hear! If you don't mind me asking, where did you do your day 7 qualification? Do you drive on the highway also on day 7 qualification?

10 hours ago, Princess03 said:

Congrats! It definitely was a whole different experience for me and super intense. I'm so proud of everyone that made it and will make it by day 10.

I myself qualified on day 7 too :)  Who was your instructor?