B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

10 hours ago, Flatbush Operator said:

SLOW down and ignore the paddle. This job is about making money and being safe. If you blow your swing (20 minutes), You are entitled for a 30 minutes lost meal and still get paid for it. There’s a lot of tricks and things you need to know I can tell you in Private Message that will benefit you as the operator on the road and not feel overwhelm. If you need to use the rest room, like @lornaevo stated, you’re entitled to take a personal to use the “rest room only” at the end or while in service. You’ll just need to press RTT and relay the message. 

Hey thanks I’m gonna send you a pm

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Flatbush Operator said:

SLOW down and ignore the paddle. This job is about making money and being safe. If you blow your swing (20 minutes), You are entitled for a 30 minutes lost meal and still get paid for it. There’s a lot of tricks and things you need to know I can tell you in Private Message that will benefit you as the operator on the road and not feel overwhelm. If you need to use the rest room, like @lornaevo stated, you’re entitled to take a personal to use the “rest room only” at the end or while in service. You’ll just need to press RTT and relay the message. 

Can you share those tips with me via pm?

On 11/30/2020 at 4:41 AM, Flatbush Operator said:

There’s a lot of tricks and things you need to know I can tell you in Private Message that will benefit you as the operator on the road and not feel overwhelm.

@Flatbush Operator, can you please share these tricks and things with me via Private Messaging (PM) as well? Thanks!

On 11/30/2020 at 4:41 AM, Flatbush Operator said:

Can I get in on this too ? Thank you 

On 11/30/2020 at 9:43 PM, Courtney said:

Did anyone get called for drug test?

Hi I submitted all my paper work about 3 weeks ago and have been waiting since, the next step is the drug test I believe.

I don't know if they have stopped making new training classes since Oct 25 ?

How about you?

21 hours ago, hh1a said:

Hi I submitted all my paper work about 3 weeks ago and have been waiting since, the next step is the drug test I believe.

I don't know if they have stopped making new training classes since Oct 25 ?

How about you?

@hh1a, What list number are you if you dont mind me asking? Please remember to hide 1 or two digits of the list number for privacy reasons. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Gd day my exam number 7612 my list number is 23xx i went to 180 livingston street at the beginning of the year and i did all of my pre-employment paper work and the same day i was sent to take my drug test. COVID-19 caused a hault in the hiring process im aware of but shortly a couple months later I received a email from you guys to fill out application and email it in with any other documents that may be needed i did so and got a email back saying my application was received and will be contacted soon. I have been trying to get in contact with someone regarding update with hiring process to be informed that the list number is now up to 25xx’s which would mean my number was skipped. Is there someone i can contact concerning this matter. Help help help

13 hours ago, Yarg said:

Gd day my exam number 7612 my list number is 23xx ... I have been trying to get in contact with someone regarding update with hiring process to be informed that the list number is now up to 25xx’s which would mean my number was skipped. Is there someone i can contact concerning this matter. Help help help

First, welcome to the Forums!

Second, as far as helping you, I can give you some leads in an effort to try to help you rectify the problem. These leads consist of getting in contact with the higher-ups, such as:

-Ms. Patricia A. Lodge, the Vice President of Human Resources (her contact information is below)

-Ms. Emma Marie Rivera, the Manager of Employment Operations (click here for her information)

-The Office of the (Interim) President, located out of 2 Broadway, at 646-252-5800.

In addition, if you are still unsuccessful in getting in contact with any of these "higher ups" from the company, might I suggest sending a formal complaint to Governor Cuomo in Albany? If you need his address, click here and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage. After all, with the fact that the agency had Bus Operator training classes this past August, September and October, in addition to the fact that, according to this webpage, the last Certification for "TA" Bus Operator candidates was this past summer, and with the fact that, from my perspective, the Human Resources Department is still skipping over people, I believe something "fishy" is going on, however that's just me.

Good luck!! Keep us posted!!

VP Lodge Business Card.jpg

Thank you very much for feedback but i have done all of that even sent a email to employmentcenterbuses.nyct.com as i was told to do so by a young lady who told me she works for 180 livingston street and there is no vacancies and she said something about me proly having to wait until January but its like they still dont understand that my number has been skipped and your now half way to the 3xxx’s almost no one is picking up the phones when they do answer im being placed on hold for so long the phone hangs up. I called both ms  rivera and ms lodge left messages 2 days ago no answer back the other numbers no one is even bothering to answer.

Okay sooo i spoke with a lady 646-252-5800 she told me to send a email to examsunit@nyct.com they told me they werent hiring right now and as soon as they start back then i will be notified. Lol of course that wasnt enough for me so i actually called them and spoke with someone told them my issue and he said there actually up to 17xx’s after i was told by 2 other people that they were 25xx’s but he said that i should contact them at then end of January i guess that when the hiring process will start back up so im puzzled right now.

11 hours ago, Yarg said:

Thank you very much for feedback but i have done all of that...

7 hours ago, Yarg said:

Okay sooo i spoke with a lady 646-252-5800 she told me to send a email to examsunit@nyct.com...

First of all, this particular list contains 2,847 people, so there's no way that the agency is up to the 3000's on this list.

Second, you know that the "examsunit@nyct.com" address is for the Examinations Unit located on the 4th Floor of 180 Livingston Street and not for Employment Operations located on the 5th Floor of 180 Livingston Street, right? I don't know why they gave you that e-mail address to begin with.

As far as being "puzzled," like I previously suggested, I would send a formal letter via the mail to Governor Cuomo's Office in Albany. (The address can be found at the bottom of this webpage.) After all, with the fact that the majority of these videos are "self-explanatory," in which I'm not going to go into detail, it's a shame as far as what the agency can do not only to their current employees, but their "potential" employees as well.

Edited by +Young+

On 11/18/2020 at 12:03 AM, +Young+ said:

In an effort for all of us to be on the same page, I just want to clarify - you were told that the HR Dept. is up to the 2400s as far as the initial drug test is concerned? How about medical?

The reason why I'm asking is because, if you look at this, this, this and this post in the 9604 thread, you will see that people on the next list have already been asked to submit the pre-employment canvassing paperwork, which can be found here. Hopefully this particular post will cut-down on the amount of confusion, not only among the members, but also for our anonymous guests as well.

Thanks in advance...

Sorry for the late response, ya I was told that but I’ve also heard they where calling from the last 9604. There’s a few operators from that list in my Depot. I’ve been told so many things to do. I was told restore my name on 12/7/2020 and I did get a response saying there was no need to restore my name. So I forwarded that email to Ronald Saint Jean which he told me that they pushed it back to today 12/21/2020. So I’ve email DCAS again and got the same response saying no need to restore my name. I forwarded it to him today still waiting on a response. I’m just confused on why I have to restore my name if there the ones who messed up

7 hours ago, Slems said:

...I was told restore my name on 12/7/2020 and I did get a response saying there was no need to restore my name. So I forwarded that email to Ronald Saint Jean which he told me that they pushed it back to today 12/21/2020. So I’ve email DCAS again and got the same response saying no need to restore my name. I forwarded it to him today still waiting on a response. I’m just confused on why I have to restore my name if there the ones who messed up

This is why, like I previously stated, if you're able to, I would sound off by sending a formal letter to Governor Cuomo elaborating on your situation. (In the event you need the address, click here and scroll to the bottom of the webpage.) The reason why I am suggesting this is because I highly doubt you're the only one who has this problem. In addition, if you bring your problem to their attention, perhaps the folks in Albany can do something which will benefit all of us who are still waiting to get hired.

In addition, when you said "I'm just confused ... if they are the ones who messed up," I would encourage you to view some of the videos on this webpage. Although these videos are irrelevant to our situation, perhaps some of those videos will explain how other people are also "confused ... if they are they ones who messed up" as well.

Good luck!!

11 hours ago, +Young+ said:

This is why, like I previously stated, if you're able to, I would sound off by sending a formal letter to Governor Cuomo elaborating on your situation. (In the event you need the address, click here and scroll to the bottom of the webpage.) The reason why I am suggesting this is because I highly doubt you're the only one who has this problem. In addition, if you bring your problem to their attention, perhaps the folks in Albany can do something which will benefit all of us who are still waiting to get hired.

In addition, when you said "I'm just confused ... if they are the ones who messed up," I would encourage you to view some of the videos on this webpage. Although these videos are irrelevant to our situation, perhaps some of those videos will explain how other people are also "confused ... if they are they ones who messed up" as well.

Good luck!!

You many want to also consider contacting your local Assembly member or State Senator to see if they can help.

FYI 

Don't know how to word this, but I have kept an eye on the lists , and as of 12/24/2020 , it seems to me that more names have been requested and are subsequently on the certified list. Make sure your contact information is current ! I expect they should be contacting more people soon. I’m hyped. 

50 minutes ago, Yarg said:

Thanks for feedback might you know what list number they are at for exam 7612 when it come to being called in for training class.

According to this post, they are up to the 2500's. However, if you look at the "Civil Service List Certification" webpage by typing "Bus Operator" into the search box, which you can do so for yourself by clicking here, quite a few people whose list number is lower than the 2500's have restored their name to the list, including at least thirty people from the previous list, Bus Operator (TA) Exam # 4600.

As people receive appointments to report to 180 Livingston Street for pre-employment processing, hopefully we'll have a clearer picture as far as what list number they are up to for this particular list.

Edited by +Young+

Okay thank you 🙏 my number is 23xx’s and i got a email a few days ago from ronald st jean telling me to restore my name which i didnt understand why i had to do that if called several times and even the automated answering number told me i was still on list but i will be doing calling after the holidays i figure much cant be done right now.

10 minutes ago, Yarg said:

Okay thank you 🙏 my number is 23xx’s and i got a email a few days ago from ronald st jean telling me to restore my name which i didnt understand why i had to do that if called several times and even the automated answering number told me i was still on list but i will be doing calling after the holidays i figure much cant be done right now.

I hear ya, and like I said to another member, if you feel that you are getting the "runaround" for whatever reason, I would encourage you to send a formal letter to Governor Cuomo's Albany office. The address can be found on the bottom of this page.

Good luck!!