B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

I called DCAS the automated phone number as of Sunday 12/27/2020 and it says I am on the list for this exam according to the Automated phone recording. I got called back in march of this year (2020) for pre employment drug test, however due to covid i couldnt proceed furthur. In September I got an email from 180 Livingston street if I was still interested in the position, which I am so I replied back that I was along with the documents that they requested; Driver license with CDL class B-P Permit, Birth Certificate, and some other documents. Now quick question, do I still have to restore my name to the list or am I technically on the list according to the automated recording? Thanks in Advance!

BTW my list number is in the low 2020s

Edited by train1290

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samething i went through i would say yeah just so you will be ahead of the game because it seems like covid has really screwed people over so here is the email address that was sent to me  from ronald st jean.

certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov

Kindly reach out to DCAS via email and request to have your name restored to the cert for future hiring.

Provide your full name, last 4 digits of your SSN, Exam #, list #, and a brief statement requesting to have your name restored back to the Title cert list.

17 hours ago, Yarg said:

Samething i went through i would say yeah just so you will be ahead of the game because it seems like covid has really screwed people over so here is the email address that was sent to me  from ronald st jean.

certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov

Kindly reach out to DCAS via email and request to have your name restored to the cert for future hiring.

Provide your full name, last 4 digits of your SSN, Exam #, list #, and a brief statement requesting to have your name restored back to the Title cert list.

Ok, so just send DCAS an email and thats it? How will I know that they restored/put my name back to the list? Do I get an email from DCAS or a phone call? And how long does it take?

1 hour ago, train1290 said:

Ok, so just send DCAS an email and thats it? How will I know that they restored/put my name back to the list? Do I get an email from DCAS or a phone call? And how long does it take?

The last time I restored my name to a list, which was a few years ago, is that I sent them an e-mail to the address that you quoted, and within a week or two, I got a receipt in the mail from DCAS indicating that I restored my name to the list. With the fact that this Friday is a "holiday," I would give it a couple of extra days, just to be on the safe side.

Honestly im basically going through the same situation and i have gotten just as far as you my list number is in the 23xx’s and i was skipped so i been doing sll i can to find out what the issue is. So if you restored your name before and got a receipt back then samething should happen im a furst timer and just trying my best to not let this whole mta thing stress me out i was really looking forward too the opportunity and like i said covid has really screwed us all over well i hope that was the main issue so any progress or contact i come across i will be sure to help same way i got feedback from others on forum.

14 minutes ago, Yarg said:

Honestly im basically going through the same situation and i have gotten just as far as you my list number is in the 23xx’s and i was skipped so i been doing sll i can to find out what the issue is. So if you restored your name before and got a receipt back then samething should happen im a furst timer and just trying my best to not let this whole mta thing stress me out i was really looking forward too the opportunity and like i said covid has really screwed us all over well i hope that was the main issue so any progress or contact i come across i will be sure to help same way i got feedback from others on forum.

Yes this is a first thing for me too, its just funny when i called DCAS the auto recording said that im on the list for this exam. (7612) 

Likewise, If i hear anything, I will keep you posted. Be safe and be well.

2 hours ago, +Young+ said:

The last time I restored my name to a list, which was a few years ago, is that I sent them an e-mail to the address that you quoted, and within a week or two, I got a receipt in the mail from DCAS indicating that I restored my name to the list. With the fact that this Friday is a "holiday," I would give it a couple of extra days, just to be on the safe side.

Ok so if i got called initially back in March (2020) this year, and I got skipped lets say, How long do I have to restore my name to the list +Young+? Is it exacly a year from This past March (2020) to next year March (2021)? OR something else? Please let me know and Thank You in advance!

Only thing i can tell you is to use that email i put on forum restore your name and just continue to call up all numbers and emails you have until you find a solution because thats what i plan to do right after the holiday is over everyone should be back in office or whatever.

34 minutes ago, Yarg said:

Honestly I'm basically going through the same situation and i have gotten just as far as you my list number is in the 23xx’s and i was skipped so i been doing all i can to find out what the issue is. So if you restored your name before and got a receipt back then samething should happen im a furst timer and just trying my best to not let this whole mta thing stress me out i was really looking forward too the opportunity and like i said covid has really screwed us all over well i hope that was the main issue so any progress or contact i come across i will be sure to help same way i got feedback from others on forum.

You're not the only one who's gotten "screwed," trust me. Have you tried making some phone calls in regards to this, such as DCAS (212-669-1357) or to NYC Transit's HR Department (347-643-8229/30/31/32)? If you get the "runaround," let me know - I can give you more phone numbers to try.

15 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Ok so if i got called initially back in March (2020) this year, and I got skipped lets say, How long do I have to restore my name to the list +Young+? Is it exacly a year from This past March (2020) to next year March (2021)? OR something else? Please let me know and Thank You in advance!

Technically, you have until the list expires, which is in October of 2022. Therefore, if you want to take advantage of the opportunity, I would encourage you to restore your name to the list As Soon As Possible! Like @Yarg said, use the e-mail in this Forum and hopefully once the holidays are over, things should get back to normal.

Good luck!! Happy Holidays!!

On 12/29/2020 at 12:52 AM, +Young+ said:

You're not the only one who's gotten "screwed," trust me. Have you tried making some phone calls in regards to this, such as DCAS (212-669-1357) or to NYC Transit's HR Department (347-643-8229/30/31/32)? If you get the "runaround," let me know - I can give you more phone numbers to try.

Technically, you have until the list expires, which is in October of 2022. Therefore, if you want to take advantage of the opportunity, I would encourage you to restore your name to the list As Soon As Possible! Like @Yarg said, use the e-mail in this Forum and hopefully once the holidays are over, things should get back to normal.

Good luck!! Happy Holidays!!

Im going to PM +young+

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Yarg said:

Then i just got this in the mail which im lost  as to what they are trying to say. As far as me previously being offside for : failed to report to interview when i never got a call nor email about any interview besides when i went to livingston street back in march of 2020. what does it mean that these are now reversed. Help help help

click the link below to see the letter I received.

https://ibb.co/k3rgmXP

48 minutes ago, Yarg said:

Ok so i received this email 

Good afternoon Mr. Gray,

Your name is on the current list for the Bus Operator Position. Please keep an eye on your email as we will be canvassing soon.

Thank you,

Employment Operations

First of all, congrats! Second, you got this email on a Saturday? Interesting...

33 minutes ago, Yarg said:

Then i just got this in the mail which im lost  as to what they are trying to say. As far as me previously being offside for : failed to report to interview when i never got a call nor email about any interview besides when i went to livingston street back in march of 2020.

https://ibb.co/k3rgmXP

Apparently, according to the picture, you "failed to report." However, if I was you, I would just try to take advantage of the opportunity. Based on what you have typed on this Forum website, I could tell things have been "screwed up" in this new normal era. However, I would take advantage of the opportunity and see what happens.

Offhand, have you considered complaining about this, since, from your perspective, you were told to restore your name to the list without "failing to report" or anything to that nature? If so, send me a Private Message (PM) and we'll take it from there. You're not the only one who has gotten screwed, trust me.

Finally, as a reminder to everyone, your list number is in the 2300's, right?

Good luck!!

Hey everyone,  just received an email yesterday to start the hiring process. I sent it in minutes after I received the email haha b/c I have saved my paperwork from the previous times haha. Im hearing a class may start next month. Has anyone heard anything? I’m in the 22**s

Edited by Slems

11 minutes ago, Slems said:

Hey everyone,  just received an email yesterday to start the hiring process. I sent it in minutes after I received the email haha b/c I have saved my paperwork from the previous times haha. Im hearing a class may start next month. Has anyone heard anything? I’m in the 22**s

Last rumor  I heard was next class to go in February 14th