B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Yarg said:

I sent my response in like 5 times 😂 just to make sure

Ya me to haha I remember last time I sent In they got back to me right away. I sent to the email they provided but I also went to my old sent emails and the email was alittle different so I’m confused 

2 hours ago, Yarg said:

Did anyone hear anything back yet from the pre employment apps we were emailed about too fill out?

I know you're anxious to hear back, however, as per the guidelines of the website, under the section of "Forum Etiquette." one of the things which is mentioned is "bumping topics."

I also want to remind you and everyone else that, although NYC Transit is an agency of the State of New York, just be aware that the folks in "Employment Operations" work for the "City," in which they "don't work too hard" on a regular basis. If you need examples of this, I would encourage you to click here, here and here. Also note that the last two incidents happened within two weeks of each other as well, which is very interesting in itself.

In addition, as a reminder, @Yarg's list number is in the 2300's.

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+

On 1/22/2021 at 11:00 AM, imtheogre said:

I replied to their email on the same day we all seem to have received , and again on the final day which was the 18th (just in case)... they responded yesterday with the automated call and detailed email

What's your list number? ( hide the last digit or two for privacy reasons)

My number is in the 23xx’s i got a email that my appointment is tomorrow mind you my situation i did all of this in march even the drug test i did i hope i dont have to do all that paper signing again because i will just use the copies i was given back in march but im going to inquire about that all my info should be on file so hopefully the process is faster now.

3 hours ago, Yarg said:

My number is in the 23xx’s i got a email that my appointment is tomorrow mind you my situation i did all of this in march even the drug test i did i hope i dont have to do all that paper signing again because i will just use the copies i was given back in march but im going to inquire about that all my info should be on file so hopefully the process is faster now.

I feel ya  I did the same in March, I’m pretty sure what we emailed is all done just have to bring all our proof of IDs. Plus I think where doing the drug test. Then if you are clear on the drug test the next part will be the medical like hearing, eye etc. I’m pretty sure that will be another day 

4 hours ago, Slems said:

Hey Young, I’m going to Livingston for my drug test tomorrow morning. The next step after that will be the medical right? I would be going a separate day for that? I’m in the 22** range

The next step will be medical, which will be on a different day.

4 hours ago, Yarg said:

... my situation i did all of this in march even the drug test i did i hope i dont have to do all that paper signing again because i will just use the copies i was given back in march.

If you originally did this back in March of 2020 before the pandemic hit, then you might have to re-do everything. If this is the case, then you can use the copies you were given back in March.

Good luck folks!!

I am so discussed with this whole pandemic situation, after patiently waiting for #7612, I unfortunately have to defer the process for what may be the 3rd time. I am in desperate need of my work history dating to when I left high school, unfortunately I don't remember back that far and have not kept decades worth of tax returns. I followed the procedure with SSA filed the form 7050 sent it off to the Baltimore office back in September 2020 with the understanding that it will take upto 120 days. Well suffice to say I am over the 120 day mark still no response from SSA, I even called once a week for the last month for an update.

To add, I called my local SSI office for assistance and they were unable to help. Also tried SSI offices in other boroughs still no luck. Now I have to report on 1/27 and possibly be told the same thing as on Sept 18, 2020 "No your unable to continue the process due to not having your full work history work on the application".  I know things could be worse, but let me tell you right now I am "livid". Well I will still report on the 27th and hope for the best, worse comes to worse I may still be able to restore my name to the list. "

My apologies for "throwing up in the forum".

Hi everyone

I went in this morning for pre employment and drug test, I was wondering if anyone else came in today?

If anyone else also took a drug test today or recently did you get any papers to fill out like the CPD-B Booklet or anything else?

thanks guys

4 hours ago, imtheogre said:

@hh1a I was there from 9:30 till 11ish 

yep I took about two hours as well. When you were done with your urine test what else did they say and did they give you a CPD-B booklet to take home and fill out?

All I have with me is the document that I took a drug urine test.