Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

B/O 7612 Hiring Process


Message added by +Young+

List Status Update: 4/27/2021

The list for this exam has been published as of October 17th, 2018.

Here is the Notice of Examination for this specific exam in case anyone needs this for future reference.

Pay: Starts at $23.84 and increases to $34.06

Training: See this thread for more information.

Classes Scheduled: Unknown

According to the 12th page of the B/O 9604 thread, which can be viewed here, they have begun to canvass names off of this list. Therefore, I believe it is safe to say that everyone on this list has been called for the initial pre-employment at least once.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free.

Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

 

Recommended Posts

Print it , sign it , and rescan to pdf ... you can even take legible pictures of each one , and send . 
 

—-

 

There’s a class starting Feb 14th , as per the new email I just received for medical. CPD booklet and I9 forms attached and to be filled for my appointment next week. 
 

Finally another step closer ! I’m stoked. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I feel very blessed to have made it this far. Based on my last comment I was seriously considering deferring for what could have been my last time. I took the chance and reported to 180 Livingston at 10am this morning. I was able to put the last 15 years of employment and to my surprise I was allow to take the urine test. I am hoping to get that work history from SSA, I don't' want them to think I purposely left some employment off. I would have been out in about 2 hours however I sat for 40 minutes before time stamping my paper. Praying I'm called for medical and have the opportunity to put the rest of my work history down once received from SSA 🙏

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, imtheogre said:

Print it , sign it , and rescan to pdf ... you can even take legible pictures of each one , and send . 
 

—-

 

There’s a class starting Feb 14th , as per the new email I just received for medical. CPD booklet and I9 forms attached and to be filled for my appointment next week. 
 

Finally another step closer ! I’m stoked. 

Congrats man! I know your excited...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MTA MAC said:

Well, I feel very blessed to have made it this far. Based on my last comment I was seriously considering deferring for what could have been my last time. I took the chance and reported to 180 Livingston at 10am this morning. I was able to put the last 15 years of employment and to my surprise I was allow to take the urine test. I am hoping to get that work history from SSA, I don't' want them to think I purposely left some employment off. I would have been out in about 2 hours however I sat for 40 minutes before time stamping my paper. Praying I'm called for medical and have the opportunity to put the rest of my work history down once received from SSA 🙏

Hoping the best outcome , I’m glad you decided to go!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, imtheogre said:

Print it , sign it , and rescan to pdf ... you can even take legible pictures of each one , and send . 
 

—-

 

There’s a class starting Feb 14th , as per the new email I just received for medical. CPD booklet and I9 forms attached and to be filled for my appointment next week. 
 

Finally another step closer ! I’m stoked. 

Congrats! How long after your drug test did it take for them to email you for the medical? 

thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yarg said:

Congrats!!!! 
I took my drug test on tues around 11am so hopefully i hear something back soon.

I hope so to!, I took my drug test Tuesday around 830a hope to hear something today or next week! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2021 at 4:35 PM, imtheogre said:

Hoping the best outcome , I’m glad you decided to go!

Thanks bruh, so am I.. I got an email today to report for medical and final processing on 2/4/21@ 6:30am. They also sent all the forms to be filled out, and it also said bring a money order for $88.25 for fingerprints.😃 Very grateful to have gotten this far. Looks like my chances are good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was anyone asked to fill out online questionnaire on Cority before appointment ? What questionnaire and location need to be filled out ? Intructions were supposed to be attached , but it is not other the email stating that it needs to be done before appointment , the other online health questionnaire only specifies to do it day before appointment .. but Cority is a mystery. 

Edited by imtheogre
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hh1a said:

Hi everyone

Does anyone know if they reschedule appointments due to severe weather?

my medical is Monday morning and it looks like the snow storm starts Sunday evening

thanks

Honestly, unless you get an email or a phone call from them (which they'll usually do) you go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, imtheogre said:

Congrats to those that showed up .. I didn’t feel to bothered with the snow , but even if , worth showing up ! 

When you’re a transit worker you have to report for work that day no matter what the weather so might as well get in that mindset now!

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yarg said:

Congratulations!!! What should i be expecting as far as the medical part. 

Click here. If you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Although some of those posts are outdated, what the medical part consists of reflects 95% of what's described in those links in that particular thread.

Good luck!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Medical will be a Article 19A physical required for your position. It is a medical questionnaire and health history review, vision and hearing exam, blood and pulse rate exam, urine test and physical exam. A doctor will review everything and certify you. From there you may continue pre employment. 
 

Good luck to you ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Biggington said:

When you’re a transit worker you have to report for work that day no matter what the weather so might as well get in that mindset now!

You are certainly right about that , my current employment requires that of me , and I will treat this no differently ! No complaints ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, imtheogre said:

Medical will be a Article 19A physical required for your position. It is a medical questionnaire and health history review, vision and hearing exam, blood and pulse rate exam, urine test and physical exam. A doctor will review everything and certify you. From there you may continue pre employment. 
 

Good luck to you ! 

If you look at the link that I provided, it's a lot more than that, trust me...

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

If you look at the link that I provided, it's a lot more than that, trust me...

I did look at that link prior to going , i did all of that , nothing more , nothing less .. my response was just short and inline with what 19a is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.