B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

I understand, what I have the most difficulty with is my tailswing when pulling out of a lane or a bus stop, like if I'm along a 2 lane street and there's a double parked car in front of me, once I start turning i cant see my back wheel or what its going to hit. 

Oh okay. When I clear today I will PM you some pictures of what you can use as a reference. What I notice that the superintendent doesn't show you the full structure technique how to maneuver these articulated buses which I plan to teach someday in the future if I ever joined the safety and training division at zerega. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Flatbush Operator said:

Oh okay. When I clear today I will PM you some pictures of what you can use as a reference. What I notice that the superintendent doesn't show you the full structure technique how to maneuver these articulated buses which I plan to teach someday in the future if I ever joined the safety and training division at zerega. 

Thank you so much! It would really help me out, I'm nervous as hell driving these things haha.

28 minutes ago, Flatbush Operator said:

Hey dude I am curious what you have to say about the artic cause I am not so comfortable driving those buses either. Mind sending me that PM also?

3 hours ago, Biggington said:

Hey dude I am curious what you have to say about the artic cause I am not so comfortable driving those buses either. Mind sending me that PM also?

Yeah same here. My coworkers have told me stories about how some operators turn out of the bus stop to wide and end up knocking over a sign pole or parking meter, which is a write up.

4 hours ago, Flatbush Operator said:

That leaves lots of us looking for that pm. 

21 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Yeah same here. My coworkers have told me stories about how some operators turn out of the bus stop to wide and end up knocking over a sign pole or parking meter, which is a write up.

As someone with some experience with the artics, they're really not that hard to get the hang out. It may be a little harrowing but the day I trained on them I found them pretty fun to drive actually.

Keep in mind that you're driving the front portion. Even though the trailer has the powered wheels, your center wheel should be your reference point. Just watch the trailer section as it follows your rear tires and adjust if needed!

https://youtu.be/GACRvYI4bOQ

Watch how this bus exits the stand and how the trailer follows the middle wheels!

Edited by SoSpectacular

Hi, can anyone tell me if Fare Evasion
(I used a school MetroCard on a non school day) is considered a criminal conviction or create a criminal record?

I completely forgot that I did this once like 15 years or so and the police officer took my information down and gave me a ticket/summons, I went to see the judge and got no leinincy so I was guilty and payed the fine. I did NOT get arrested or booked for prints.

I add this on the 19a Article dmv form I had to fill in today, they told me I had to add it in if I saw a judge.

Since I completely forgot about this I didn't include it on the pre employment papers and the CPD booklet papers, is there a way I can update those documents with HR at 180 Livingston?

Thank you guys

1 hour ago, hh1a said:

Since I completely forgot about this I didn't include it on the pre employment papers and the CPD booklet papers, is there a way I can update those documents with HR at 180 Livingston?

Thank you guys

If I was you, I would talk to your Superintendent about this and go from there. The reason why is because, as per the top of this webpage, you can only access 180 Livingston Street by appointment only. In addition, as you mentioned, you did NOT get arrested or booked for fingerprints for criminal purposes. Therefore, hopefully this can be fixed "remotely" compared to "in person."

Good luck!!

1 hour ago, dman1455 said:

That same super who had the class last week out of Flatbush, same guy this time also keeps taking them around Ulmer Park 🤣🤣

He probably use to operate out of UP. Sometimes they love going to areas where they’re familiar with the routes out of the depot they use to operate out of. 

After responding to the email for pre employment back in January, I get an email today saying I failed to report for labs. I never received any call or email telling me to come in, nothing in my junk mail folder either. This is crazy. Now I’m considering whether I should wait to be contacted for track worker since I’m in the mid 500’s and the list is moving, or restore my name to the bus operator list.

23 minutes ago, Blicky said:

After responding to the email for pre employment back in January, I get an email today saying I failed to report for labs. I never received any call or email telling me to come in, nothing in my junk mail folder either. This is crazy. Now I’m considering whether I should wait to be contacted for track worker since I’m in the mid 500’s and the list is moving, or restore my name to the bus operator list.

Did you try calling HR?

25 minutes ago, Blicky said:

Definitely call HR same thing happened to me last year before I got hired,

16 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

Did you try calling HR?

If you're unsuccessful in calling HR and/or you get the "runaround" for whatever reason, I would encourage you to get in contact with the "higher ups" who you can view here.

Good luck!!

My son is on list 7612 was called in January 2020 for paper work. And have not.been called

We have try for many months to contact the employment center with no answer and no response. Is there any other way to contact a live person at the Employment center or anyone else to contact. We would like to find out whats going on with his hiring. 

35 minutes ago, Blicky said:

I responded to the email address I received the notification from this morning. The person’s name was Glynis Emery, Employment Operation. If I don’t get any response I’ll try HR and the higher ups you guys suggested. Thanks.

You're welcome.

Good luck and don't forget to keep us posted!!

So I went through the whole hiring process and was supposed to start training on Feb 28 2021..  1 week before training got an email that my appointment offer was rescinded because of budget cuts and to wait for another class starting in March I was wondering if this has ever happened before?

(got called since March 2020 but was sent home because of COVID19)

8 hours ago, bkbubbz said:

So I went through the whole hiring process and was supposed to start training on Feb 28 2021..  1 week before training got an email that my appointment offer was rescinded because of budget cuts and to wait for another class starting in March I was wondering if this has ever happened before?

(got called since March 2020 but was sent home because of COVID19)

Have you considered getting in contact with the "higher ups," who you can view here? From my perspective, it sounds like you got "screwed" big time, however that's just my opinion, especially since there was a February 28th class.

In addition, depending on what they say, have you considered complaining, in the form of a formal letter to the Governor using the address at the bottom of this webpage? Now I know what's going on with the current Governor (Andrew Cuomo), however even if you write on the envelope "Office of the Governor," and you start out the letter with "To Whom It May Concern," I'm sure your issue will definitely be looked into.

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+